Tofujesse Castings: Announcements & Discussion

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Well if he can't get shit done then the odds of your order getting caught on fire in the PO truck increase. :D

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Still think the SOTA Sakura camera is a good candidate for casting.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Jesse can shrink things down I think... That one looks awesome sculpt-wise.

Heck yes it does!...it's got way more detail than the one I have...

Jesse, do you have the turtleneck collar from the Steel Brigade figure up for casting?...I dont see it in your store...I need like 10-12 of them (preferably some shade of OD green :D)

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
I think I'm going to stop doing commissions and focus on just my site and casting stuff for board members. Gonna focus on bringing my own stuff to market.

xhairs

odd man out !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
I think I'm going to stop doing commissions and focus on just my site and casting stuff for board members. Gonna focus on bringing my own stuff to market.

that sounds like a solid plan as you want to sell your stuff and make your site grow then you can go back and do commissions or if its slow witch i doubt as from the reviews here you do awsome work and i cant wait to get my first order.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Heck yes it does!...it's got way more detail than the one I have...
Whoa whoa whoa, Eddie. Mom said we had to stop asking Dad about this stuff, okay?!
Jesse, do you have the turtleneck collar from the Steel Brigade figure up for casting?...I dont see it in your store...I need like 10-12 of them (preferably some shade of OD green :D)
Please, he won't stop talking about them! :)

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
Hey, Jesse, any plans/interest in casting CG heads (preferably in black?). With the Cobra Commander figures now showing up at Dollar Generals, there will probably be some demand for an easy Shadow Guard head swap.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Hey, Jesse, any plans/interest in casting CG heads (preferably in black?). With the Cobra Commander figures now showing up at Dollar Generals, there will probably be some demand for an easy Shadow Guard head swap.

Already working on that just waiting for the heads to come in that I bought.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Well here is a few things. Gay ass fang boat replacement gun, Darklon head, and some flesh tones. They look a little darker than they actually are.

Attachments

• fanggun.jpg
    fanggun.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 22
  • darklon.jpg
    darklon.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 27
  • ftmercer.jpg
    ftmercer.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 27
  • ftslaughter.jpg
    ftslaughter.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 24
  • ftheads.jpg
    ftheads.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I may actually get a Darklon head... The one from the Club is missing all the green paint on the head, and I can't bring myself to paint a $75 figure.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Got one of TJ's Zombie heads painted up. Figured I would show it here. I'll post the others as i finish painting them. Looks like i got to do a little eye touchup.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Damn, I'll need to order that head. I've already got a need for a second order from TJ and a new one from Raginspoon. I'm going to wait till my package arrives from my big order. Jesse, I see that one package is moving on USPS's site, so it should be here by Monday.

After I go through to see what I'm lacking for my customs, I'll probably make another order. Hopefully you'll keep making those damn Dusty helmets, I could probably use a dozen or more of the things alone.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Just got my first order in from Jesse (my "second" one already arrived weeks ago, but it was a smaller order). I just posted feedback in his thread, so check that out if you are curious. Parts were great, everything was in the order except for one small item. I'll be placing another order soon, mostly for more of the same items that I've already gotten, plus some of his zombie head casts.

One word of caution to any really anal-retentive customizers: I have noticed that of all his sculpts, the main ones that are the LEAST factory are the weapons... They're a slightly off-black, and perhaps lose a little detail, so don't be expecting 100% factory. They're damn close, though. If you're painting them, then this shouldn't matter.

That's not a bad mark, I'd say they were like 98% factory, after removing some minor flashing, but just a warning to some folks who MAY get pissed that they're not fresh out of a Hasbro bubble. ;)

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hasbro has manufacturing fuck-ups, too.

Still waiting for my stuffesses.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah, it's not a big issue to me. I mostly ordered small arms anyways, and it's just to be replacements down the road should I lose some or need to arm someone without stealing it from another figure.

I actually need the SE holster and thought TJ had it on his site, but I don't see it. I'd buy a dozen of them and matching pistols to start out. I was super impressed with his webgear.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
I hope most people that order take into consideration what they're getting and expect to clean up the parts somewhat, or that they might not be exactly like a factory head/weapon. At least, I'd hope customizers would expect that. I know in the past, speaking with other casters, they've had some customers complain that the items didn't fit the body they wanted it for exactly, or it wasn't a perfect cast(flashing/pegs removed), even some complaining that it wasn't painted, lol.

I just got a fully cast Rhodey figure from RodimusRVT and it took me close to 4 hours to clean it up and put it together. I had fun doing it, I didn't expect it to come fully put togehter... but you never know wirh some people. Then again, I think it's also how the sellers post the items for sale and describe it. Most of them are good at it. I know some in the past showed fully painted versions and learned fast that was a mistake.

Anyway, here's hoping I get my order this coming week, it's been a little over a month, but mine was specially colored, so I understand the extra time.

Jesse, do you have the Resolute Duke armored tac-vest? After seeing someone use it on a Cobra Trooper here, I'm thinking of trying something with it for my SW/Joe verse customs.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
I feel differently - even though we ARE customizers, I feel that since we are buying a product it should arrive as clean as possible. The orders that I've gotten from Jesse so far (still waiting on my Labor Day order, hint hint!!) have all been 99.9% flash and air bubble free - which is what I expect. As a caster myself, I take the time to remove all the flash, and if a piece has an air bubble that I feel is too large, I don't send it to anyone. I don't have the mindset that "people are customizers, they should be able to fix/sand/repair these items". People are paying good money to me for me to provide a service, and I try to provide that service to the best of my abilities. Sure, it might take me a few extra minutes to scrape or cut the flash off my casts, but I personally feel that it's worth it. I've gotten casts from... other places that weren't that well prepared and got the same "You're a customizer, fix it" response, which completely turned me off to that person.

But, to each their own, I guess.

TR1ER

Enlisted
Aug 23, 2012
1st order I got from him was great no problems at all, cant wait till I get my next batch.

Starwarsgeek cant wait to get my order from you as well my man!

Dark Horse

Ultimate Z-list celebrity
I feel differently - even though we ARE customizers, I feel that since we are buying a product it should arrive as clean as possible. The orders that I've gotten from Jesse so far (still waiting on my Labor Day order, hint hint!!) have all been 99.9% flash and air bubble free - which is what I expect. As a caster myself, I take the time to remove all the flash, and if a piece has an air bubble that I feel is too large, I don't send it to anyone. I don't have the mindset that "people are customizers, they should be able to fix/sand/repair these items". People are paying good money to me for me to provide a service, and I try to provide that service to the best of my abilities. Sure, it might take me a few extra minutes to scrape or cut the flash off my casts, but I personally feel that it's worth it. I've gotten casts from... other places that weren't that well prepared and got the same "You're a customizer, fix it" response, which completely turned me off to that person.

Feel free to send me any fucked up casts mate :)

xhairs

odd man out !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com

i agree totally with this ^^ just cuse we can customize. there are ppl that order who cant and can only paint. i cant wait to get my 1st order i hope to have it next week sometime.

Last edited: