Tofujesse Castings: Announcements & Discussion

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Plus the Sydney funnel web spider, which could really fuck up a country without access to the antivenom.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
The Island is full of killer insects, snakes and, animals, than the reefs right off the caost have all the breeds of the most viscious sharks and sealife. No wonder they chose that as a prison colony. at the time that they sent prisoners, that must have been a death sentence for most. wow.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Thinking about blowing out all my inventory then shutting down the site then relaunching it in six weeks. Need to find a better web hosting service. Need to have inventory control and invoicing system. I'm at a point where I'm large enough to hire someone and I don't want to become one of those guys. I get over 200 orders a month so maybe that's the plan. Ideas anyone?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Just don't shut down altogether or burn out, whatever you do.

I've never dealt with it before, but each caster's site has had issues that I didn't like... There's probably not a great free one out there, or low-cost (not sure what your overhead is now on hosting/payment/cart system).

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
No plans on shutting down or going anywhere. Gotta get a better system. Inventory control and invoicing is what's slowing my turnaround down right now. Still just an idea but the new tofujesse site will be way better and turnaround would be a week or less. I know some casters that ship fairly quick but the don't have nearly the volume I get. Its time to take the next step in the evolution.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I'd be willing to help out in terms of identifying a software package...let me know. I sent you a PM.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Quite a few guys now use Ecrater as their selling site. I know SWG does currently, as does Asphalt. Talk to them and see what they think in the way of pros and cons.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Quite a few guys now use Ecrater as their selling site. I know SWG does currently, as does Asphalt. Talk to them and see what they think in the way of pros and cons.

I wanted to say someone had an Etsy store, too.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
I think I'll narrow down my choices and and plan tonight. Then I'll let everyone know if I'm going to blow out all exciting inventory.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
You're going to get all of your outstanding orders shipped out before you close, right? :)

Yeah...I'm not gonna really close the site I'll just take stuff down so
It doesn't sell. I'm gonna make a new tofujesse site that will do all the things I need. One of the problems I have is I don't have inventory control option with this web hosting service so If I make 50 of a part and then in a day I sell 75. That happens a lot, it's a problem and I don't want that. I wanna be able to fulfill orders within a week.

MIKED

Enlisted
Aug 11, 2012
Thinking about blowing out all my inventory then shutting down the site then relaunching it in six weeks. Need to find a better web hosting service. Need to have inventory control and invoicing system. I'm at a point where I'm large enough to hire someone and I don't want to become one of those guys. I get over 200 orders a month so maybe that's the plan. Ideas anyone?

Sounds to me like you are growing by leaps and bounds. I don't know much about web sales and technology, but I know a little about starting your own business and it sounds to me like you need a comprehensive business plan before you start forging ahead. One that includes technology upgrades, but also includes a mapping of overhead expenses vs. profit margins (especially if you're going to hire someone or at least start farming work out to others), projected goals, etc. Most side or hobby type businesses that find success early on tend to fail when major growth sparks a need for major change because they fail to plan. You need to run some numbers. It sounds like you are on the verge of big business. I wish you all the best! Just make sure you don't fail to plan because those who do plan to fail. (Clever, huh?)

MIKED

Enlisted
Aug 11, 2012
Also, I would think twice about shutting down a business for any length of time that is making money, especially if you plan to expand it and especially if you're not expecting a major capital infusion from another source (investors, etc.). Expansion costs money. If the business is making it, than keep it running. You'll regret it if you don't. You don't want to lose your momentum- expansion means higher expenses which call for higher profits to cover them. You not only have to continue to do the business that you are doing to justify expansion/ capital investment, but you have to do MORE business or you'll wind up working harder/ spending more for less or the same money and that is a recipe for failure.
Think about store front businesses (Pizzaria's, deli's, clothing stores, etc.) that epxpand (Maybe blowing out a wall connecting it to the store next to it or moving to a new location) they don't shut down for renovation. Instead they hide the work with big tarps and sheets and put up signs that say, "Please excuse our appearance while we renovate and expand our business to serve you better", or some such. They don't shut down and put up a sign that says, "Sorry... we're closed for six weeks to expand and serve you better...in the mean time, go spend your money some where else."

Last edited:

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Solid ideas Mike....I've been thinking about this stuff for days. Already have a new business plan in the works. I don't plan on shutting down but rather just zero out inventory on the old site. My problem is I'm over selling some items way to much then I have to play catch up. My site doesn't inventory control and that's killing turn around time. It's like 4-5 weeks for some orders and I want it to be 1-2 weeks at most. So if I can control the inventory that should fix 80 percent of my problems.

MIKED

Enlisted
Aug 11, 2012
Solid ideas Mike....I've been thinking about this stuff for days. Already have a new business plan in the works. I don't plan on shutting down but rather just zero out inventory on the old site. My problem is I'm over selling some items way to much then I have to play catch up. My site doesn't inventory control and that's killing turn around time. It's like 4-5 weeks for some orders and I want it to be 1-2 weeks at most. So if I can control the inventory that should fix 80 percent of my problems.

That's great! Sounds like you've got it under control. You provide a needful service and an excellent product to boot. I wish you all of the success in the world.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Working hard in getting everything out this weekend. I mean everything. Using PayPal for my invoicing sucks. Can't wait to get something better going.