Tofujesse Castings: Announcements & Discussion

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
That's the number one reason I have never sold on eBay...

I agree, and quite honestly, I hate selling on eBay. BUT - I can't live without it. Seriously. My webstore generates so little traffic that I have to keep my items on eBay to make any money. Even people who buy from me on eBay and are told that I have another store with lower prices (I include a postcard with every order that states this), will go back and buy from eBay again. Why? I don't know. I think people feel like they are better protected by making a purchase on eBay as opposed to another webstore, even though both use PayPal and both give the buyer the protection they need.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Usually I'll go to a sellers a store/site and order directly from there instead of ebay, if said site uses paypal...like you said SWG, it's usually cheaper...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
My buddy sold his dads old Rolex on ebay before...it was his first ever auction...I was shocked at how much the fees were...and even though it was described as used and he listed every imperfection and photographed them, the guy still pulled the "not as described" BS...my buddy won that one surprisingly...

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
All these reasons is why I personally will never SELL on eBay. I do have two customers that buy heads in bulk and sell on eBay.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I hate selling on ebay. I'm always afraid of someone trying to pull some fraudulent crap. Granted I've only ever had one instance where that happened out of the 100's of auctions I've listed on ebay. It still makes me when the next person to try and pull one over on me is going to happen. I'm in the middle of selling my entire MU, ML, DBZ and comic collections, and am trying to avoid ebay.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
Maybe I didn't convey my point across properly.

You CAN post that number in the tracking area on eBay, yes. But, if the buyer files a claim and PayPal contacts you for tracking, they will not accept that. Again, trust me when I tell you, it's happened to me. The customs number - even though it DOES show when the item is delivered - is NOT accepted by PayPal as proof of delivery. The only proof they will accept for International packages is USPS Express Mail. That's it. No other. I lost my case for that reason, and as I said I will only ship outside the US to people that I know and trust because of that. I have a feeling that many people outside the US know full well how that works and are just waiting to file claims against sellers that don't know the proper protection. Luckily for me it was only about $30 worth of items that I lost, but I won't let it happen again.

Oh I understand. When you print the shipping label through eBay it adds the customs number for you. Therefore I think it is messed up that Paypal doesn't accept it. They are the same company after all! Unfortunately it doesn't seem like they act like it. I'm sure someone can take them to court because of that. Well someone should anyway.

How did you pull that off? I sold a camera, used, with no box, and the buyer filed a claim that it was used and had no box. I showed the eBay agent the listing and the photos that CLEARLY showed and stated that it was used with no box - and I STILL lost the claim.
:wtf: I can't believe no one has filed a class action lawsuit against them yet.

Yeah I can charge less without all the eBay fees I need to pay. Still need to pay the PayPal fees but there are usually not as bad as the eBay fees.
For now... but ecrater said they were going to charge fees if someone buys through the regular ecrater site instead of yourname.ecrater.com, as a finders fee I guess. I used to sell things there quite regularly until they changed the Google adwords thing. Then my sales dropped to zero instead of one a day.

DarkWynter

Plastic Pimp
Mar 2, 2013
:wtf: I can't believe no one has filed a class action lawsuit against them yet.

As part of the new EULA late last year, E-bay cannot be sued in a class action law suit (according to the EULA). By agreeing to the term of use, you forfeit that right and any grievance will be settled by a mediated third party.....assigned and paid by them of course.

Some links to the ridiculous policy and the ongoing bullshit circus this has created:

http://yro.slashdot.org/story/12/08/23/1432200/new-ebay-eula-prohibits-class-action-lawsuits

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y12/m08/i23/s01

http://www.forumpostersunion.com/showthread.php?t=22447

http://www.hglitigation.com/blog/ebay-slips-out-class-action-suit

Notice how quietly this trend is growing....where is the media and consumer outrage? The real problem here is that "our" lawmakers continue to fuck over the consumer and their rights. E-bay is only one of many corporations that are racing to include non-class action clauses in the EULA. They use clauses to mandate where, how, and by whom disputes are mediated.... which equates to obvious home advantage shelter states that are sucking corporate cock. Just as a police state government fears armed citizens and tries to disarm them, corporations are attempting to legally disarm consumers.
/rant

tibberon

Enlisted
Feb 16, 2013
Hey Jesse,

I ordered some pieces from you earlier in the year and I still havent received them. Just wondering whats going on.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Sorry fellas...of anyone has noticed I basically shut the site down. No product in stock for while I try to get the train wreck under control.
I you have any question E-mail me directly at tofujesse@gmail.com(I'm not on much while I try to get this running again) you can also pm Slaymaker and he will take care of you.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
I finally was able to start casting metal t-bars. I will post a pic later, on my iPhone. I've been away for awhile trying to clean things up, and I'm pretty much there.

Last edited:

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I was going to try casting the bars in plastic, but metal is much better. What's the price going to look like for these?

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
I was going to try casting the bars in plastic, but metal is much better. What's the price going to look like for these?

I haven't set a price yet, I was thinking right around 2 bucks a unit. I was just trying to see if there would be interest in them. They are cast out of a tin alloy not pewter.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
How will the metal hold up? Like stress, oxidation, etc.

I need the fuck out of some T-bars. Like 10 to start. I have at least a dozen cast torsos from Slayer that I kept waiting on T-bars from, and never got any.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Ill send you some to test out. They should be pretty strong, I'm casting them under pressure so there shouldn't be any air in the metal. As for oxidation, it's a tin alloy so I don't think it will oxidize but I might put a coat of wax on them just in case.

How will the metal hold up? Like stress, oxidation, etc.

I need the fuck out of some T-bars. Like 10 to start. I have at least a dozen cast torsos from Slayer that I kept waiting on T-bars from, and never got any.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
I was getting tons of requests for OD green web gear and now I have the time to get it done. I tested out two different shades and here they are. I personally like the lighter version but I think I will add both.

Attachments

• ODgreen vest2.jpg
    ODgreen vest2.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 15
  • ODgreen vest1.jpg
    ODgreen vest1.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 19

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
If you wind up doing one or the other, I'd go with the lighter... But both shades gives some variety...

I say lighter because it looks closer to Hasbro's "average" green, but either would work, really. And I'm assuming most folks are using Hasbro bucks versus other torsos.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I like the lighter better also...the darker one would become even darker (maybe too dark) with a wash...

Making them in a desert tan color would be great too...

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Here is the sand color I am currently working on, needs to be a little lighter I think.

I like the lighter better also...the darker one would become even darker (maybe too dark) with a wash...

Making them in a desert tan color would be great too...

Attachments

• tanvest.jpg
    tanvest.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 15