Toy Fair 2012.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
So we're about 2 weeks out, think we'll see some good stuff?

Guess I'm hoping for the following:

First look at the Retaliation line.

First look at the Unimax Ghost Recon: Future Soldier line up. Daydreaming that they'll announce a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. line so we can get some Soviet fodder parts.

Hoping against hope that McF announces that they are infact releasing the Falcon from Halo.

Things I'm not looking forward to?

Redundant Star Wars and Marvel figures.

The pity party from some segements of the Joe community over the Retaliation figures not looking like they stepped out of 1985.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Vehicles? Probably.

Not suck? Wouldn't count on that.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Retaliation is all I really care about. Would someone like the GIJCC show their JoeCon exclusives, or do they reveal that online since they aren't retail? I can't remember if they were around the same time or what.

I wanna see either a few vintage vehicles retooled for Retaliation or some new vehicles that don't totally suck. The POC VAMP is the only newly tooled design that I really liked because it looks more "real-world" than most of the new vehicles.

Nothing big, but maybe the Silver Mirage or Ferret in original colors or something of that nature. The only big vehicle I remotely want is a retooled or slightly scaled-down W.H.A.L.E. or Moray. I don't think we'll see things like the Thundermachine, Tomahawk, etc like every always asks for.

A playset would be nice if they could do something small or modular, but nothing bulky and ghastly like The Pit.

I'm actually curious what the new figures from the on-screen waves look like, but I'm most anxious for the off-screen offerings more. Since they have a whole slew of names to use, I hope to see an updated Gung Ho, Muskrat, Repeater, etc of guys we haven't gotten yet, but in good modernizations along the lines of POC Recondo or Beachhead.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the Retaliation line. I'll be surprised if Hasbro doesn't show it at Toy Fair. Based off of the preview for the movie, I think we'll have some really and realistic gear, and the figure sculpts should be in BDUs instead of stupid RIA/Accelerator Suits/Ugly Digi-Camo.

I'm telling you, some of you guys are influencing my preferences when it comes to overall character designs. I find myself wanting to update all of my Joes to look like modern soldiers...

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Retaliation is all I really care about. Would someone like the GIJCC show their JoeCon exclusives, or do they reveal that online since they aren't retail? I can't remember if they were around the same time or what.

I wanna see either a few vintage vehicles retooled for Retaliation or some new vehicles that don't totally suck. The POC VAMP is the only newly tooled design that I really liked because it looks more "real-world" than most of the new vehicles.

Nothing big, but maybe the Silver Mirage or Ferret in original colors or something of that nature. The only big vehicle I remotely want is a retooled or slightly scaled-down W.H.A.L.E. or Moray. I don't think we'll see things like the Thundermachine, Tomahawk, etc like every always asks for.

A playset would be nice if they could do something small or modular, but nothing bulky and ghastly like The Pit.

I'm actually curious what the new figures from the on-screen waves look like, but I'm most anxious for the off-screen offerings more. Since they have a whole slew of names to use, I hope to see an updated Gung Ho, Muskrat, Repeater, etc of guys we haven't gotten yet, but in good modernizations along the lines of POC Recondo or Beachhead.

A nice medium size play set would be sick! Assuming it won't look like trash like the Pit. I too am most looking forward to the off screen figures. I'm not interested in more SE, SS, FF, CC, RB etc. The movie figure's that I am looking forward to will most likely be lackluster: LJ and Jinx. I will say that I plan on getting a RoadRock unless the figure is complete trash.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Vehicles? Probably.

Not suck? Wouldn't count on that.

A lot of people gave the Dragonhawk shit. While being a ridiculously small helicopter and nothing remotely close to replacing the Dragonfly, I thought it was a better vehicle from ROC and the design of things like the missile launchers were a good middle ground. They still shot for kids, but they didn't sacrifice design for collectors who don't want bigass obvious launchers all over.

Also the black Humvee was surprisingly cool. I kind of wish I'd kept the one I got now instead of trading it off.

But do I expect good vehicles? Nope. I am hoping for a few decent ones though.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
How many Dukes are you expecting in the Retaliation line?

I think it's pretty clear that he will either be killed or at least captured and forgotten about, think there's a chance that he might not get made?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the Retaliation line. I'll be surprised if Hasbro doesn't show it at Toy Fair. Based off of the preview for the movie, I think we'll have some really and realistic gear, and the figure sculpts should be in BDUs instead of stupid RIA/Accelerator Suits/Ugly Digi-Camo.

I'm telling you, some of you guys are influencing my preferences when it comes to overall character designs. I find myself wanting to update all of my Joes to look like modern soldiers...

I think we will see green and tan this time around. Even if we see body armor, I hope it's like The Rock's where it looks realistic and badass. I also hope their Bruce Willis head looks like him. The Rock? I'd prefer if he looked like a hybrid, because I don't want a "light" skinned RB personally.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I think we will see green and tan this time around. Even if we see body armor, I hope it's like The Rock's where it looks realistic and badass. I also hope their Bruce Willis head looks like him. The Rock? I'd prefer if he looked like a hybrid, because I don't want a "light" skinned RB personally.

I think your right about the Green and Tan. I'm predicting that we won't see a Joe Colton at Toyfair. I think he will be a limited figure, maybe 1 or 2 versions in the whole line possibly with a "featured" vehicle or playset.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
How many Dukes are you expecting in the Retaliation line?

I think it's pretty clear that he will either be killed or at least captured and forgotten about, think there's a chance that he might not get made?

He'll be in wave 1. No doubt. If they do his figure well, he could be a GREAT modern trooper with a head swap. If he came with that cancelled balaclava head that Law lacked (as an accessory alt head), he may be the best Duke ever and actually sell.

I doubt Hasbro lets him get offed. But who knows. Expect more than one, I'd imagine. He may not look so much like Tatum if he doesn't get much screen time, which could be a good thing.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar

Yeah, the body armor RB is wearing definitely looks more realistic than the ROC crap and looks very cool. You've already seen the RB I'm currently working on, but I think the Retaliation Rock figures will bring some height and size to the line that is sorely lacking. I'll definitely get plenty of the figs for custom fodder. I'm hoping I'll be able to make my BDU Sarge with him as a base, and I'm also hoping to use him as a base for Heavy Duty, Repeater and a few others.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
He'll be in wave 1. No doubt. If they do his figure well, he could be a GREAT modern trooper with a head swap. If he came with that cancelled balaclava head that Law lacked (as an accessory alt head), he may be the best Duke ever and actually sell.

I doubt Hasbro lets him get offed. But who knows. Expect more than one, I'd imagine. He may not look so much like Tatum if he doesn't get much screen time, which could be a good thing.

I agree with him being in wave 1. I'm not sure if he'll look like Tatum or not. Would they dare use his head from the RoC line agin? I too hope that either way he doesn't look like him and will most likely use him as generic troopers.

Another thought I just had, Were going to get a unmasked FF with this line most likely. That will be a first and weird lol

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Another thought I just had, Were going to get a unmasked FF with this line most likely. That will be a first and weird lol

That's true. Weird indeed!

I have to say that as far as accessories go, I hope they actually give us true 1:18 scale 50 caliber ammo belts. RnR is in dire need of them.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
he will probably out produce snake eyes, lol.

I didn't think that would be possible but with somebody of the appeal like the Rock, it could happen.

The one figure I hope to see the most at TF2012 is President Zartan. It won't happen though :(

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa

Same thing happened to me after hanging out here for a while. :D

I hope to see movie Joes...cool stuff for kids to play with and stuff that the collectors will enjoy or at least those of us who customize can fix. :thumbsup:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
A lot of people gave the Dragonhawk shit. While being a ridiculously small helicopter and nothing remotely close to replacing the Dragonfly, I thought it was a better vehicle from ROC and the design of things like the missile launchers were a good middle ground. They still shot for kids, but they didn't sacrifice design for collectors who don't want bigass obvious launchers all over.

Also the black Humvee was surprisingly cool. I kind of wish I'd kept the one I got now instead of trading it off.

But do I expect good vehicles? Nope. I am hoping for a few decent ones though.

Eh, the H2 may have been passable if they'd bothered to scale it correctly.

Still waiting on someone to put a coaxial rotor on that shitty Cobra gunship.

The one figure I hope to see the most at TF2012 is President Zartan. It won't happen though :(

He'll be wasted in a SDCC fiasco.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I didn't think that would be possible but with somebody of the appeal like the Rock, it could happen.

I think KT is right. I expect SDCC or nothing, sadly. Which is dumb, because they could double-dip and get a Tony Stark and Professor X out of that mold as well. It's not like they've shied from using Joe molds with MU figures before...

Wha?! You didn't like the BFG's from the ROC line?!?! Me either.

If they do them right, like the launcher that came originally with the Resolute guys (and again with Resolute Firefly and the POC Vipers) then it'll be fine. That's an awesome looking launcher.

Every figure doesn't need one though, and I'd go so far as to say that not one of the ROC ones looked even remotely cool. Perhaps within the last 2-3 years, their design team has figured out launchers a little better. Probably not, though.

You can get gimmick weapons that aren't horrendous, though. Even water-squirting ones like Snow Bunny Destro.

They better have some kickass props, and we better see something as cool as Destro's suitcase of cash again. (Actually, that could be a repack and I'd be 100% fine with that.)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think they unveiled a suited Professor Xavier figure for the MU line.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I still think we'll see a humvee for Retaliation. That would be an easy buy if it was priced good with a figure.

With luck, we'll get a Zartan in a suit and regular looking for an exclusive. Might as well use that idea from ROC to sell another suited figure. I would not mind if the Professor X shows up though. Just need a few more suits.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I never got that SDCC Destro because I couldn't stand the idea of buying an ROC exclusive at the time... But I wish I had. Both figures were pretty good, if you ask me. At the worst, you get two new head sculpts from it and a decent suited figure.

Was that torso used previously or again?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Unless it's loaded like the Night Ops Humvee I'm just gonna contine searching for a 21st or Bbi one.

Really hope we get another figure I can convert into rotary wing pilots. Still hoping to find Renegades Scarlett and get her in the seat of one of my birds. Seconded on Professor X. I need to do some figures with suits. Get that damn Zap head and Indy fedora combo in actual use.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I've seen the BBI and 21st century ones reasonable on e bay. If big H does make one I would think it would be like the Night Ops humvee. That's a fairly new mold that may not have been destroyed.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I don't want to eBay a Hummer. I really want the ammo can set up and the sniper rifle. The NOH isn't all that outstanding in and of itself.