Toy Fair Season

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
NYTF isn't for another 3 weeks, but things are trickling out.

Courtesy of Idle Hands:

Pretty mediocre. Anime figures made by western manufacturers are almost always terrible. I'll bet a Masterpiece Skywarp that Titan never sees the light of day, it'll be the Halo Falcon all over again. Looks like the Redcap line is a hodgepodge of whatever McFarlane can come up with. Ancient Spawn repaints, anime and video game characters? Is Naruto still popular?

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
I'm in for that Atlas, if it's truly 18th and they don't go ass-idiot stupid like SqEnix and make the pilot a statue. Some new poseable figures of Spawn demons could be cool, maybe.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I read the Atlas is supposed to be 10". Given everything else is in "McScale", I doubt Toddy Mac is gonna do something articulated in his most hated scale, the superior 1:18.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Is that Spawn supposed to be a comic version, or does 'The Return' mean a possible new movie? I would be down with that...the first wasn't terrible...wasn't great, but we've had a lot worse in the recent years.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They've been running their traps about another Spawn movie for almost twenty years. That Spawn figure is just a rerelease of the Raven Hellspawn 2: Reborn figure from 2005.

Can ya tell I'm not a Spawn fan? :D

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I've been trying to figure out how to take one of those 31" tall Wrestling figures at FYE as a potential titan from Attack on titan. Would love to have one along with an Eren figure for display in my office. This Rock figure looks like it would be a great starting point -

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Yeah Toyfair isn't what it was 7-8 years ago. For the last couple of years, all my toy money has gone to third-party chinese transformers... and those guys don't go to the retail trade shows.

My kids get excited about new legos, so I show them those pics. But with Joe, DCUC, MOTUC (for all intents and purposes) going away, and Hasbro TFs just losing all appeal (if I can't get my nine-year-old son interested, it ain't working) that leaves poorly articulated SW trash and occasional Avenger-themed Marvel figures as the only draws.

Is war just that unpopular? Are soldiers just out of vogue, or is this a permanent shift by the PC police that we can't view ourselves as "the good guys" anymore? Has the world gotten so small that we have to value everyone's culture, even if they are clearly despotic religious sociopaths? I miss having good bad guys. The russians were awesome bad guys. arab terrorists were great 80's bad guys too. It was much easier when the world was so binary. Yo joe.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I mean, war VIDEO games are all the rage. I guess they stole the whole market? Why make believe play with soldiers when you can BE ONE YOURSELF!

We like military toys because the real stuff is awesome and cool and some of us like to make neat dioramas. It's more of a creative thing now vs just collecting for the sake of collecting.

Sadly that's a pretty small market to try and make money off of.. so the big money goes towards Superhero crap, and other licensed stuff that gets popular and then forgotten.

The stuff that is marketed to us that DOES come out.. ends up being twice or three times more expensive than it should be, and thus still ends up failing. The renowned cheapness of the GI JOE/toy collector is legendary.