Toy Photography by Footloose

footloose

Enlisted
Jul 19, 2011
hello im new to the fighting 1/18th, but not not new to taking pics. ive been taking photos of my toys for about 4 yrs now. Some of you may have seen my work on other sites. I was recently referred to this site by a member from hisstank.com, another site that i post on.
thank you for taking the time to check out my photography, enjoy.

----PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR PHOTOS ON THIS THREAD----[/

Last edited:

footloose

Enlisted
Jul 19, 2011
http://i1190.phGREENSHIRTScopy.jpg[/s/z455/johno2tired/IMG_0411copy.jpg

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
first off, they ALL look amazing...you are so lucky to live somewhere with great enviroments to shoot in...

that first one of the Skyhawk looks like a movie still, very nice...

and that Eels one is killer!

footloose

Enlisted
Jul 19, 2011
first id like to say thank you very much for the feedback. it is much appreciated.

as for what camera i use, im using a Canon Power Shot S2IS 5.O MEGAPIXEL.
its about 6 yrs old but still takes amazing shots.
i do all my effects in photoshop 7.
as for locations i shoot in florida and in georgia. i take alot of my outdoor shots in georgia. have some great spots i can shoot at there. waterfalls and what not.
if youre looking for great spots to shoot at in your area i recommend going to state parks. sure you cant lug a bunch of stuff out there but you can find some excellent locations to shoot at.

i have a ton of pics up on my facebook if you like what you see here. they are shots from various toyslines, halo, marvel legends, marvel universe, dc universe classics and gi joe. check it out if youre interested.

if anyone has any questions or would like some pointers feel free to email me.
once again thank you for all the great feeback it is much appreciated

thecorporation

Task Force 27
Jun 9, 2011
Redacted
im using a Canon Power Shot S2IS 5.O MEGAPIXEL.
its about 6 yrs old but still takes amazing shots.

Wow! I was expecting you to say you were using a nikon with 70 bajillion megapixels! Further proof that if you are good at taking pictures, it doesn't really matter what camera you use.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
well the sites dedicated to 1:18th toys, so feel free to show off all your 1:18th shots, not just Joes...

thought personally i'd love to see the DC stuff

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Wow! I was expecting you to say you were using a nikon with 70 bajillion megapixels! Further proof that if you are good at taking pictures, it doesn't really matter what camera you use.

Mine has 8 Megapixels and i can't get it to do a goddamn thing half the time, so it's never the tools, it's the craftsman.

footloose

Enlisted
Jul 19, 2011
well the sites dedicated to 1:18th toys, so feel free to show off all your 1:18th shots, not just Joes...

thought personally i'd love to see the DC stuff

i do have alot of dc pics, as well as marvel pics... theyre just not 1/18th scale. i believe they are 1/12th

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Those are badass. I love that you're using Photoshop 7 and still got this great of degree of edits to the shots. Those turned out great. Seriously, all of them. It'd be tough for me to pick my favorites.

footloose

Enlisted
Jul 19, 2011
Those are badass. I love that you're using Photoshop 7 and still got this great of degree of edits to the shots. Those turned out great. Seriously, all of them. It'd be tough for me to pick my favorites.

hey thank you very much.. been using photoshop 7 for a few years now. id love to see whats on the latest version but have no problems using 7.
ill be heading up to georgia in 2 days and ill be taking some joes with me. should come back with a ton of pics to post.

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
Rick and Rex watch out! I liked the one of the Blueshirt and Duke, never saw that one before. I'm pretty sure this guy has the next banner in the palm of his hand.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I need to check them out again... Maybe save them to my desktop so I can view them all at once or something. The great thing is you can always go back and check them out multiple times and catch something new.

If you're on Photoshop 7, I think we're up to version 12 (CS5) now, or something... A lot of things have improved. It's pricy but if you can get your hands on a copy, a lot of things work much better. 7 should give you a good deal of the options though, but around CS2 (version 9) they introduced several things that helped organization of layers and added some other helpful effects.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Welcome aboard, I've enjoyed your work over at Joedios.

Snake, you ain't kidding, at least I got a couple banners in.

Looking forward to enjoying more of your work which will help motivate me to learn more with my camera and confuser.

Cheers

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Wow, these are amazing.

I especially like the Sky Patrol Skyhawk and Eels in the Water photos!

footloose

Enlisted
Jul 19, 2011
just got to georgia this morning round 6am. brought alot of joes and some vehicles. should be taking some pics sometime tomorrow. if i have the time i will get posted up for you guys