Toys you would love to see? (but the odds are impossible)

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
An 18th JC shouldn't be too difficult to slap together, nor Dejah Thoris. But Tharks would be too much work and a proper JC effort is worthless without them. I'm hoping we can get a good fake of them in BFS' retro-space theme after they do he fantasy theme.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Also, I want a line dedicated to Space Exploration. Gimme astronauts, cosmonauts, taikonauts, and whatever they call space jockeys in Europe. Gimme all the vehicles, significant probes, and rovers. And good display playsets of all the relevant planets and moons and big debris we've been to and will go to in the near term.

18th scale would be God's own preference, but MegaBloks would be an acceptable second choice.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Kind of surprised there isn't more space stuff out there. I don't want it as I find it similar to watching paint dry, but I would think kids would love that stuff. Guess it requires too much imagination.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
To go along with 1:18 '66 Batman figures I want a 1:18 Batcopter.

Deslock

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2014
Tennessee
www.darksidealliance.com
I gave all this stuff away when I went into the Army, stupidly listening to my Mother:

"You're a grown man, what do you want with all these toys ?, you should give them away."

So I gave away my original Death Star playset, all my Micronauts and vehicles, all my Space 1999 stuff, and most of my Star Wars stuff, save a very few of the original figures, my Robotech figures and vehicles, and my Battlestar Galactica stuff and figs.

But then again, this was the middle of the 80's, and we toy geeks then had absolutely NO idea that the demand and prices for this stuff would literally explode. I had this, and I'm trying to find it again:..

It's the old Zee toys "Metal Man UFO, with Radon".

It makes me sad that all these great toys like the Micronauts; will never be seen again, as they were just so damned awesome, and just how cheap to buy they were at the time. The other line was the Marx "Knights":

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IHDdprrK6o[/ame]

And instead of those fantastic articulated Mego super heroes, Star Trek, and Planet of the Apes, we had back in the day, now kids are given crappy waaaaay overpriced HUGE figures, with 5 POA, that now cost three times more ?. :wtf:

Except for the insanely priced Lego sets and figs, it makes me sad for kids now. :(

And now even the new Star Wars figs have taken a step back in regards to articulation. It's sad that the PTE figures now for $5.00, have more playability and articulation, than the "new" Star Wars figs, that cost twice as much.

*Sighs*

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
The Metal Man figures, ships and accessories are some of the best. I had a few figures and ships from my childhood and have picked up most of the remaining pieces from eBay. All I need is maybe one figure, replacement visors for the astronauts and a "space rifle".