Type 92 APC's

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
I found these at the nearest BigLots in Bellingham, and since they are cool I think I can make them cooler. They don't have an opening in the back and they don't have a cockpit so I will do those, what else should be done guys? I was going to make one a real APC and then a comand vehicle with the other. I don't have any reference to any such kind and would like your help to search.

This is the beggining....

Attachments

• HPIM2068.jpg
    HPIM2068.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 142

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Do searches for ZSL92 or WZ551. May get more material that way.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Thanx guys for your support, I'll be dambed if I can find anything about the interior of these. I'll have to guess. I've seen references to the Type 92 Command Vehicle but no pics. There is an ambulance one too but no pics. There is one more of these at the Biglots store, and I'll get it if I can find references to it. This is alot of work to hollow out the inside ( I'm using a xacto knife and a torch for cutting cause I don't have a dremel tool) and then design an interior you've never seen.

Anyways there will be more pics to come of the build...the 1st one is Hotkniffing, 2nd is All cut Out, 3rd is Very Roomy......I want to cut the side doors out but I don't know how precise I can be with a little knife. What are they for, access to the gun or the engine? Shit I realy want to cut them out too...mmm

Attachments

• HPIM2069.jpg
    HPIM2069.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 48
  • HPIM2070.jpg
    HPIM2070.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 59
  • HPIM2073.jpg
    HPIM2073.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Command vehicle:

As for the side hatches, I want to say they're for access to the powerplant.

Last edited:

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
^Cool paintjob!^

I had a quick look through this section and found these:
By XOC2008 -http://forums.fighting118th.com/showthread.php?t=1717

By Tenerifecrimson - http://forums.fighting118th.com/showthread.php?t=1645

By me - http://forums.fighting118th.com/showthread.php?t=1667

I hope you find these useful, Digler. :)

Hell, I forgot I was working on one. I had to pack up a lot of my WIPs and store them in the garage so we could have a guest room.

At any rate, this is looking good, Digler. Keep 'em coming!

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Thanx for the references K-Tiger, found a few of my own but none of the interiors. So I'll just guess and make my own.
It seems that the rig is divided into 4 areas on the toy...cockpit..engine compartment...gun compartment...and the personel part. Cramped to say the least, and now I know that the scale of this particular toy is not correct. LOL... So again I'll guess. My work isn't good enough to worrie over to much accuracy anyway, and this IS a toy for my son.
So I've run into a few dillema's...the first, the wheels to the base. They are very flimsy for the size they are, and as you can see in one or two of my shots that they don't give you much to work with..but I'll try. The biggest problem is that I need to relocate the wheels with no axles or undercarage. I've decided to attach them to a long piece of plastic to make up an axle type thingy and attach that to the bottom outside underneath the the vehicle. The second problem is the room for the men it must hold and pose in. The hatches that are stock do not allow for insertion or extraction from the vehicle. I wont fuck with the hatches and in alot of the shots I've seen so far of the APC in action, thier heads are only showing, in MOST shots not all. I've also decided to modify the turrent to accomidate a HMG and a gunner. Heres the latest pics...

Attachments

• HPIM2079.jpg
    HPIM2079.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 38
  • HPIM2080.jpg
    HPIM2080.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 36
  • HPIM2082.jpg
    HPIM2082.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 41
  • HPIM2083.jpg
    HPIM2083.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Darkwind01

Enlisted
Nov 19, 2012
Thanx guys for your support, I'll be dambed if I can find anything about the interior of these. I'll have to guess. I've seen references to the Type 92 Command Vehicle but no pics. There is an ambulance one too but no pics. There is one more of these at the Biglots store, and I'll get it if I can find references to it. This is alot of work to hollow out the inside ( I'm using a xacto knife and a torch for cutting cause I don't have a dremel tool) and then design an interior you've never seen.

Anyways there will be more pics to come of the build...the 1st one is Hotkniffing, 2nd is All cut Out, 3rd is Very Roomy......I want to cut the side doors out but I don't know how precise I can be with a little knife. What are they for, access to the gun or the engine? Shit I realy want to cut them out too...mmm

Can't find any in the Big Lots near me, if any of you guys do find another send me a pm maybe we can make a deal!
I only need one of these. . .

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Latest pics guys...I decided to cut out the space on the APC for the turrent just for access...and I decided to cut the front end off for easy access to the front drivers seat and navigator position. Adding more detail as I go...I'm just guessing as to whats in these things...need to add height

adding ummm...airducting?or something...also this thing needs a Power Plant so I mocked up one and a cowling just behind the cockpit...

..added a cockpit, drivers seat and dash...

thats alot of cutting with a knife. I was going to cut out the access to the powerplant but...my fingers are sore...shit. More to come...

Darkwind01, there was one left high on a shelf in the BL in Washington...out of the way like... I will check there next month when we do our family shopping on the 15th. I was going to get it and make an ambulance out of it but....a brother in need is a brother in need.

Last edited:

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
I did not like the turrent gun so I replaced it.....with this AAAHHHH!!!

The magazine for the turrent is at the bottom

Inside the turrent..

Other side...

Now I'm going to concentrate on the Power Plant and Compartment...

I'm makin shit up as I go I'm tired of trying to find references for this. I dont know what the Pwr P. looks like...probably like anyother APC Amphibious engine.

Little Bastards, can't you guys pick it up a little?....

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I did not like the turrent gun so I replaced it.....with this AAAHHHH!!!

All that desire for reference material, presumably to make it pretty accurate, just to put THAT on the turret? :headinsand:

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
All that desire for reference material, presumably to make it pretty accurate, just to put THAT on the turret? :headinsand:

I orderd a few guns from Marauders, 2 M240s, 2 Sci Fi mini guns to turn into mini guns, and a bunch of other things. What would you have put on it? Unfortunatly I only had this thing to put there but its replaceable. ANY Ideas would greatly be appreciated. This thing isn't to scale so accuracy isn't there either, I like a mix if I can't be accurate. Like Aliens Marines, they look very realistic for the future. So K-Tiger be specific with what you don't like... in a criteque way of coarse. I'm only learning, this is my First REAL mod of anything like this. I've built models back in the early 80s and thats it. I only have a knife, glue and some Ideas. I enjoy this so I'll get better, no worries.:)

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
The first stage of paint...and sanding and filling....

I guessed the interior, and this is the only pic that I could find to reference anything to do with the inside.

so white it is...I still want to paint the interior mint green

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Work progress...got all the handles made and installed...doors on... inside painted...scraped most of the crap off the outside of the hull...sanded...ready for paint.

Trying to make gauges and screens for the cockpit..

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Wow!...this thing is really coming along...lots of great details...I'm seriously impressed with what you've done with a homemade hot knife

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
First stages of paint...

Well thats the first stage, boy can I see where sanding and filling have got to be done eh? I have already dropped it outside when I was spraying it...oops...although I only dropped it a foot, it did not break nor did anything come loose...mmmm....tough sumbitch anyway...wheels are last cuz they are going to be the hardest as I'm not using there original spot...a little lift kit is in order....:weirdo::)

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Walla....lift kit....not installed just mocked up and man does it ever change the look of this thing...I've got to get some filler, does anyone know which kind I should get? I don't really want to seal it up but it would look much nicer with all the filling that needs to be done, and a little more paint. The wheels will be painted as well of course.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Ok Gents. The last stage before details......

I put a M249 in the turrent only temporary cause I think thats a little under calaber for the size of the T92.
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2013/02/04/wL9eC.jpg[/IMG
Comparison shots of the original and the modded version. ( mine looks like it could eat the other for lunch)
[IMG]http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2013/02/04/uYcV.jpg

Now the details...the next pics wont be for a couple of weeks cause I need supplies. I will put them in a dio and try to take better pics. Thanx guys for comments and I sure could use any advice again.

The next T92 I want to do will have a better detailed interior and wont be so complicated. My eyes are bigger than my tummy. I wired the APC with led lights red and green but only 3 of them. I want to put more detail in the whole thing but I keep forgeting that this is a toy for my boy.

Last edited:

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Thank you guys for your comments.

Did some details last night to finalize the unit for weathering, filter, and wash. Oh and some new drivers and gunners cause those PTE guys are not up to par.

Last edited: