Type 92 IFV Ambulance version

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Hey guys, just started the next version of the 92....
References

Obviously more to come...

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Sweet. You're killing it with the 92's! I hope to try a vehicle custom conversion someday. Thanks for the inspiration and education.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Ok so I was going to cut out doors, but the 92 doesnt have doors I just wanted them for access and I thought they would be cool...but It wasnt going to make access easier so I went with the tried and true method of cutting the whole cab off again.....

Gernies go with it.

more to come...please stand by.....

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Ok fellow fighters, did more details....

learning how to do welds....

the top needs to be strong so I backed it with this hard foam board...

filling gaps and holes...(sounds like makin babies)....

tires and wheels and lift done....

relocated the exhaust.....

well that concludes for the day, I need to finish this by monday...little dudes birthday....

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
So here are the final details with primer and before color....

This time I did'nt spent alot of time on the cabin or the powerplant compartment, I found that my son did'nt spend much time in either with the first IFV I made. I added a little detail to the suspension since you can see alot of the wheel well. I also added more handles and tiedowns. I took all notion of the Amphibious out of it as I did'nt see many versions of the water born ambulance. I also added a M240 as I did see a version with one on it so....there you go. I'm going to paint in a little while just letting my last coat of primer to dry completely first. Stay tuned......

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
You just turned a semi-turd into a badass rig!!!! I will have to go looking for one of these soon

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Ok so all basic and primary paint is on and permanent accessories,(jerry cans...), I've put on 3 coats of gloss and sun dried it for an hr. In front of warm air heater and fan for fast drying. Next is the fun stuff like washing and weathering, putting on the cables and chains, the inside need a refridgeration unit for blood and such, and finally two guys or girls for OFAs or nurses or a doctor. These ambulances are'nt equiped for surgrey so this one is not, however it will have a cooler unit. Thats what the thing with the antenna's on it is.
One note on these Power Team IFVs they are shit to work with, there is no strait lines on it even when there is supposed to be. Its totally warp from the get go. I thought the first one was an anomally, but the second one is the same so they are not easy to work with. However on that note they are only 20 bucks and thats why I'm not afraid to cut and chop the shit out of these. If I ever get one for myself I will cut the center two wheels out and make it a 4x4. Any way here is the IFV ambulances final colors and clear coats....

OK so final pics a little later when its done.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Thanks guys for commenting...
It is looking great!!!! How do you make those welds?
I used plain old clay from Wal-Mart you get in the crayola crafts section....but realy you should use a type of putty that hardens and sticks to plastik better than clay. Roll a little bit into small little rolls about 4" long, apply to the corner or connection, push into corner with finger. Take a pen or end of a small drill bit and gently push the clay in one direction and repeat fast. As you push little dabs and work your way backwards it should bunch up like welds...here is a detailed site http://www.bigscalemodels.com/index.html

make sure you click the tips icon to get there

Last edited:
Reactions: captinbaer1

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
This project of yours looks amazing! Your probably going to get front paged for this.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
All the staff are jackholes.. you people with your colorey name tags and fancy badges.. oh wait.

Well yeah, I think it'd be cool to have a Q&A format where members can submit questions, a la Hasbro's dead Q&A series.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Jesus, Digler. Maybe we should be commissioning you to do armament mods for our helos.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
All the staff are jackholes.. you people with your colorey name tags and fancy badges.. oh wait.

Well yeah, I think it'd be cool to have a Q&A format where members can submit questions, a la Hasbro's dead Q&A series.

We can't answer at this time

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Hellooo fellow fighters...it's a beutiful day here in the PNW and just finished the final touches before mud and dust. Gonna take the little dudes for a walk to the park...anyway here ya go...

When I put the stowage and cables and chains on I will post pics....stay tuned...oh and the tires and under carage...I forgot them shit....

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Hellooo fellow fighters...it's a beutiful day here in the PNW and just finished the final touches before mud and dust. Gonna take the little dudes for a walk to the park...anyway here ya go...

When I put the stowage and cables and chains on I will post pics....stay tuned...oh and the tires and under carage...I forgot them shit....

Very Nice!

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
This is awesome! WOW! I'd love to have something like that! To think what it started out as and where it ended up...AMAZING!

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Hello fellow fighters, I have finnaly finished the details on the rescue vehicle. MMorelock66 I seemed to have deleted your pm, can you send another? Sorry bro.
Here we go....

Thanks boys for the great comments, your very kind. Please forgive me if the pics are...iffy.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Just.. just stop. You're making me feel more inferior by the day!

Nice job!

How long do you think it took you from start to finish?

mmm....thats a hard one cause I'm not finished it yet...probably won't ever because like with all my creations...they are not good enough. However thus far this particular one was about 20-25hrs. The IFV Gun Carrier,(thats what I like to call it) took twice as long. The Hummve and the LAV are gonna get redone...oh yeah...I would like these little dudes and there equipment to pop out at you as real as I can make them, I want them to look at me and and ask me ' WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM MISTER....I'M GONNA FACE FUCK YOU WITH THIS GUN BARREL' hehe.......oops sorry NSA I hope that answers your q.