Ultimate Duke Mods

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Haha...post it again...but start it off with " huh...I thought I already posted in here. Maybe I forgot to hit the submit button. Anyway, I have 104! I've been really lucky and spendy."

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I know I suggest this all of the time but in cosmetic sections, they have nail polishing sticks that are perfect for getting plastics back to a smooth surface after dremelling or scraping. They're like padded vellum.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Is it possible to do the chest modes with a dremel and not pop the torso? I really don't feel like gluing it all back together...yep totally lazy.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Completely unacceptable how much material had to be removed from his arms and vest.

Thanks Obi and Eddie. I left the torso alone and mixed your suggestions to achieve proper rifle posture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 47

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Just hacked about the same amount of material off of Mouse and he still can't shoulder a weapon. Are his lower arms/hands freakishly long or something?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
But they look like shit most of the time. You did a nice job with the ones on your Velma, but it's an exception. The MU arms with the double elbows and swivel at the deltoid are terrible.
I disagree...we are now mortal enemies ;)...seriously though, i think they look fine...plus, function over form for arms our me...

Maybe Joe arms do look better, but when a 90° bend is the best you can get, I'll take an ever so slightly less aesthetically pleasing elbow/bicep to get a more naturally posing arm...

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Just hacked about the same amount of material off of Mouse and he still can't shoulder a weapon. Are his lower arms/hands freakishly long or something?

DO you still have that terrible vest he came with on? The one that's a stiff plastic?

I disagree...we are now mortal enemies ;)...seriously though, i think they look fine...plus, function over form for arms our me...

Maybe Joe arms do look better, but when a 90° bend is the best you can get, I'll take an ever so slightly less aesthetically pleasing elbow/bicep to get a more naturally posing arm...

The arms all need to be able to bend like Desert Ambush Duke from the Rise of Cobra. I trim every figure that has Shock Trooper arms so they can bend up just enough in the elbow.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Finally, I got around to doing the arm mods you showed, Obi, to my recent Falcon custom, and it's definitely an improvement. Thanks, for the tutorial!

I probably won't dremel the chest since I'm afraid of screwing up the paint apps when trying to split the torso, and I won't be able to do a "clean" job with it intact.

Regardless, I'm glad he can actually hold a rifle half-way decent now!

Tapper

suck it up cupcake!!!!
May 19, 2012

I have noticed this also. When I put regular hands on they look OK, the ball joint adds just enough to look odd.

Jrsmi6

Leprechan Hunter
I tried this I a couple of Ultimate Duke figures and really like the results. I also did something similar to the lower legs ,by trimming a little of the plastic away in front of the cuff to allow for more range of mobility in the rocker ankles.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
I tried this I a couple of Ultimate Duke figures and really like the results. I also did something similar to the lower legs ,by trimming a little of the plastic away in front of the cuff to allow for more range of mobility in the rocker ankles.

Bingo! I do the same thing with the ankle/cuff area. Forward foot movement is MUCH better. I'll have to add some pix for this mod.