Umm, Hasbro is getting sued.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Who actually has this set?

Is the little window on Skyfire's red thrusters designed to hold a figure, or is it even something that opens up?

Was hoping to get it on HTS today, but oh well.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Does this help you?

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Yeah, that about does it.

Just wanted to verify what that window was.

I believe that if you guys go to SDCC next year, we should so some kind of consolidated mail-out point.

In other words, a person receives money from members interested in buying the sets. The money expected can allow for additional funds going to the people who suffer through the madness IOT get a set for others.

Rather than be forced to mail out 5 different boxes to 5 different members, we could establish one big mailer sent to a local 118th SDCC rep's address for later dissemination to those of us willing to pay you. I read on other sites about Hasbro allowing multiple, unlimited purchases of this damn set during the last couple days, as was the case with EVERYTHING they offered in the booth this year.

Personally, I have lost all patience trying this any other way. I checked HTS at work this afternoon, and NOTHING. Ebay is a fool's errand at this point.

The concept of legitimately buying the damn things online is clearly out, so unless we are willing to help each other, the simple consumer appears to be fucked out of the chance to own these.

That's all.

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
It's hard though, because in this instance it's 1 per person. You can barter with the people around you in line, but that's hit and miss. You can sit outside the line and beg.. but that gives you even worse results.

Unless we come up with some sort of plan it's hard to get Tofujesse type hauls for us normal people.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
Probably why they didn't sell them on HTS.. wonder if this will increase the value?

from over at TFW2005
called HTS to ask about the Crossover Set. I didn't expect much info but figured I would try. The girl I spoke to was very nice, she said all they were told was that there was a lawsuit and that they were not selling them. She would not elaborate or disclose anything else.

He needs money to pay for his tax fraud settlement...
http://www.animationmagazine.net/people/harmony-gold-founder-sentenced-in-berlusconi-tax-trial/ :rolleyes:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Nope, haven't opened mine. But I will, it's a toy. :proposestoast:

I just haven't gotten around to it. I literally got back Sunday night, unpacked my clothes to wash, set aside my haul, and went to bed. Been at work or sleeping ever since. :(

Pooh, real world obligations!

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Well Hasbro can just point to Classics Jetfire and how Harmony(shitebag)Gold didn't contest that.

What a horrible company.

malcadon

H8ter4life
Mar 14, 2011
Pimpvile
VF-1 Valkyrie/Veritech Fighter, Jetfire/Skyfire, Stinger/Wasp/Phoenix Hawk/Crusader, etc. Yeah they all more-or-less have the same appearance and functionality (if you count the Battlemechs as LAMs), but to me, they are all good! :cool:

The weird irony to this, was how the financial success of the Robotech toyline was going to be built around sales of the action figure and the giant robot toys, but HG was facing a legal from the left (FASA for Battletech's "unseen" 'mechs) and from the right (Hasbro for Jetfire/Skyfire). Although HG was successful at holding the rights to the Macross designs, but it was a drawn-out legal battle, and in the end, they failed to get the giant robot toys to market in a timely fashion. (The less said about the Robotech Master action figures, the better! =P )

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I don't think Harmony Gold has a case. If anyone has the right to sue both Hasbro and Harmony Gold, it's Big West.

Hellion42

Meat Shield
May 1, 2013
Side 7
As a Macross fan and long-time hater of Harmony Gold's King Shit of Turd Mountain practices, this pisses me off royally. Maybe if they had actually done something with the IP aside from some shitty direct to video endeavors and cockblocking anything Macross-related outside of Japan (unless of course they got to badge it with their name and get a cut), they might be a respected company instead of a reviled pariah.

This company has really only done one thing of note in its entire existence: Take Macross, dumb it down, and staple two completely unrelated series to the end of it, rewriting them completely to fit the previous partially-rewritten content. Why? Because more episodes were needed for syndication and Macek is a creative void. Okay, two things: they also secured the Macross imagery sub-license from a licensor of the original production. Which they then proceeded to use as a beating stick for the next 30-some-odd years.

Can you tell I'm bitter? Fuck that shitpile of a company.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Wait, TJ secured 2 sets for MW alone? How many more sets were purchased, and is this in keeping with what a couple of posters at TFW2005 said about near limitless buying abilities at the Hasbro booth during the lastfewdays of the convention?

How many sets did you get Eddie?

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
As a Macross fan and long-time hater of Harmony Gold's King Shit of Turd Mountain practices, this pisses me off royally. Maybe if they had actually done something with the IP aside from some shitty direct to video endeavors and cockblocking anything Macross-related outside of Japan (unless of course they got to badge it with their name and get a cut), they might be a respected company instead of a reviled pariah.

This company has really only done one thing of note in its entire existence: Take Macross, dumb it down, and staple two completely unrelated series to the end of it, rewriting them completely to fit the previous partially-rewritten content. Why? Because more episodes were needed for syndication and Macek is a creative void. Okay, two things: they also secured the Macross imagery sub-license from a licensor of the original production. Which they then proceeded to use as a beating stick for the next 30-some-odd years.

Can you tell I'm bitter? Fuck that shitpile of a company.

Considering the only things they had to report at SDCC was some Veritech Plushies, A weird music video edited into something I don't care about, and a silly crossover fanfiction involving Voltron becoming a comic book, as a Robotech/Macross fan, I can honestly say I'm not thrilled with how they've been abusing the IP for the past decade.

I don't really see the creation of Robotech as a sin or any other action taken back in the 80's like several zealous Macross fans do, but it's clear to me that Harmony Gold is even more idiotic than Hasbro. There has pretty much been little to no creativity with the IP taken for the past decade with the exception of a mediocre movie that decannonized a series of books that I liked and preferred. Harmony Gold has completely failed to come to any terms with Big West Advertising to allow vanilla Macross stuff to come over to America, or remake Macross with new animation like Bandai wants to do with Gundam. They can't even properly make the sequel to the boring movie they made a few years ago in a timely fashion, and all the talk about a live action film frightens me more than large spiders do. It sounds like it's going to be another Dragon Ball as far as I'm concerned

As I've stated earlier, I don't think Harmony Gold has much of a case, and since they barely use their IP in any meaningful way at all I'd say they shouldn't even have it anymore. I almost wish Hasbro would buy out Harmony Gold and consume it. At least they know how to make a toy of a transforming robot plane, unlike every other company on the face of the planet. Don't even get me started on how Toynami and Revoltech failed with their flimsy crappy transforming Valkyries that suck.

Yeah,I've got one on the way via a collector buddy and anyone from Hasbro or Harmony Gold will need to come in and take it from dead hand after I've shot out all my ammo.

Let the toy wars begin!

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Wait, TJ secured 2 sets for MW alone? How many more sets were purchased, and is this in keeping with what a couple of posters at TFW2005 said about near limitless buying abilities at the Hasbro booth during the lastfewdays of the convention?

How many sets did you get Eddie?

TJ hooked me up with a couple of different sets (Fett and Deadpool), and when I sent him a message concerned about the 1 per person thing, he told me he has a crew of people that go with him that do nothing but buy for the people he's hooking up.

On a couple of pages I'm on on Facebook, they've posted pictures of peoples large hauls and screamed scalper. I've tried to bring it back down by commenting that there are people that go and buy large amounts for other collectors who can't get to the show (like me), but was met with 'no, they're scalpers. I cant tell.'

Fucking closeminded fools.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
I see. Thank you for the interesting info, Dre.

It's certainly enlightening.

So do DH and I stick with buying from Ebay as our remaining option here?

Last edited:

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Unfortunately, I think so. You could scour the B/T/S threads on numerous boards and find a deal...but you have to think of what would be more cost effective in the end.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I've been looking at eBay and the prices are not at all ridiculous. You can get the set for $150 usually if you're patient. Same price tthat the club will sell them for lol.. And you don't need to buy a take it in the ass club subscription!

Not sure if the prices will jump with this news but I don't see this set being as valuable since it cost so damn much to begin with.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
The set is commonly in the 200+/- range on Ebay.

I can imagine if anyone deserves a break on this, it is DH since he was not only polite in his request for support over a month ago, he also hails from Australia. Many Ebay ops for this set indicate shipping exclusive to the Continental 48.

I am willing to duke it out on Ebay, only because it's starting to become evident that decency gets one nothing these days.