Umm, Hasbro is getting sued.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Was reading about the latest Star Wars 7 film news, & found out Leo Decaprio is not going to do Star Wars because he want to do Robotech. Maybe they are trying to do something with the franchise after all.
http://latino-review.com/2013/07/24/exclusive-disney-star-wars-episode-vii/

But at far as anyone taking toys away, it just ain't gonna happen unless they are OK with 10,000 people sending in heavy boxes of junk that are Paid on Delivery. Oh wait you recieved it, can't be my toy your missing.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
How many sets did you get Eddie?

Just one...my best buddy in the world is always looking out for me, MR...he's so sweet *hearts floating above head*

Yeah,I've got one on the way via a collector buddy and anyone from Hasbro or Harmony Gold will need to come in and take it from dead hand after I've shot out all my ammo.

Boy, you REALLY like the set :D

So do DH and I stick with buying from Ebay as our remaining option here?

Like NSA said, prices weren't much higher earlier this week than I paid after shipping and tip...anyone thinking they'd get it for the $100 list price is asking for disappointment...first off, you have to consider the size of the box being shipped...that's easily another $30+ right there...

I just want a decent priced Back to the Future LEGO set...

Wait, what?...BBTF Legos?!...must have!

Man I'd save so much money if I stopped visiting toy forums :(

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Oh gawd...

San Diego Comic Con exclusive. Sold out 7/20. You know how hard this was to get 1 per person in a 3hr line.

LATE BREAKING NEWS 7/24
Harmony Gold is taking action in the courts against Hasbro due to the resemblance of the G.I. Joe vs Transformers Jetfire Skystriker, and what they are seeking is:
1) Remaining toys to be removed from sale;
2) Unsold stock to be turned over to them (& a possible recall);
3) Lots of $ in damages.

Get it now before it is banned!

SHIPPING FREE WITH BUY IT NOW!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
So it looks like the median price of the TF/JOE set has risen to about $200, BUT most of the sellers are offering FREE SHIPPING (wtf?) and no tax generally, so you're still only paying a small premium, and you didn't have to:

(1) stand on wet grass @ 4AM
(2) stand in a boring line @ 6AM
(3) sit on concrete steps @ 8AM
(4) stand in a boring line again @ 9AM
(5) stand in a different boring line @ 9:30AM
(6) Beg and plead to get into the HTS line early @ 12:00PM

So I think the extra $$$ is valid!

Side note, I got to talk to the kick-ass Hasbro Corporate Security guy again (Big Black Ex-patriot dude), he's so cool.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
So it looks like the median price of the TF/JOE set has risen to about $200, BUT most of the sellers are offering FREE SHIPPING (wtf?) and no tax generally, so you're still only paying a small premium, and you didn't have to:

(1) stand on wet grass @ 4AM
(2) stand in a boring line @ 6AM
(3) sit on concrete steps @ 8AM
(4) stand in a boring line again @ 9AM
(5) stand in a different boring line @ 9:30AM
(6) Beg and plead to get into the HTS line early @ 12:00PM

So I think the extra $$$ is valid!

Side note, I got to talk to the kick-ass Hasbro Corporate Security guy again (Big Black Ex-patriot dude), he's so cool.

Eh, I just want to know how many sets were purchased by our reps at this website, what ultimately happened to those sets, and what was the motivation to hook up some folks with 2 sets, and some folks with nothing.

According to what I have read here and elsewhere, there were multiple buys of the set by individuals, which summarily slashes the "1 per rule."

People also seem to forget that some of us have proven time and again that we are willing to pay extra to people for their time and support. This was evidenced by DH and myself in the link provided, and also was evidently ignored this year.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Eh, I just want to know how many sets were purchased by our reps at this website, what ultimately happened to those sets, and what was the motivation to hook up some folks with 2 sets, and some folks with nothing.

According to what I have read here and elsewhere, there were multiple buys of the set by individuals, which summarily slashes the "1 per rule."

People also seem to forget that some of us have proven time and again that we are willing to pay extra to people for their time and support. This was evidenced by DH and myself in the link provided, and also was evidently ignored this year.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think Rex got 2, 1 for himself and 1 for Eddie. He had to give a handjob to the guy behind him in line to secure that.

I got 2 for myself, as I do every year. I have my friend buy me a Joe set, and I buy him a Pony (it's complicated, don't ask).

So it's still limited by HTS to 1 per person, but there is some con swapping going on all the time.

That's the only "Reps" we had at SDCC. Tofujesse was apparently there as well, even though he never responded to my texts or messages. He hooked up MW and some others, but he was not acting on behalf of "The Fighting 1:18th" in any way. He had told me before the convention that he'd help us grab extra exclusives since that's what he does best, but duh dun duhhhhh when it came time to help the rest of us out he was no where to be found.

I don't know why you insist on seeing conspiracies everywhere. Eddie managed to talk to Rex at some point to make sure he got a set. I don't know what their terms were or how they arranged a deal, but it managed to happen. I know I said before that I didn't want to promise anyone anything, because I've grown tired of jumping through hoops trying to get people exclusives. The wait is *really* fucking annoying, tiring, and a literal pain in the ass.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I hooked up Eddie because he always hits me up early and he and I have a long-standing trade situation going (we've probably traded thousands of dollars worth of nerdgoods over the last 4-5 years), and I've done a trade or two with Hellion where we split sets, etc. He was hooking me up with the 2011 Starscream set in trade for mine, so he got my second (and final) box. Adding in my third, that's about all I could max out getting for folks, and still enjoy the show.

I don't mind helping folks out at cost, as I've exhibited many times. Last year, I didn't make a dime off the 12 or so Jinxes I came away with, and a lot of folks here got them. Hell, I even gave away a couple as prizes in contests for Officers.

I know Eddie and a few others have tipped in extra, and even DH offered to tip me extra, but the fact is that I'd already maxed out on what I felt comfortable in acquiring without over-promising.

One of the biggest issues, besides shipping, is simply carrying the fucking things back to your room or through the exhibition floor without the boxes getting dinged up to hell. I had 3 in a bag, and it was the most awkward thing ever to just carry 6 blocks back to my hotel room in that crowd.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Wait, TJ secured 2 sets for MW alone?

I made arrangements with TJ like 9 months ago before anything was announced. Once it was announced a month or so before the Con, I fronted him the cash before the con along with a "tip".

Also, 1 of my 2 sets I'm donating to the site for a Contest. That's $130+ out of my own pocket.

I think I'm covered on the karma meter :D

Hellion42

Meat Shield
May 1, 2013
Side 7
first off, you have to consider the size of the box being shipped...that's easily another $30+ right there

I just shipped the Starscream set to MR for $20 using UPS. USPS wanted, erm, $40.

Wow, they even stole Destro's tl;dr summary of the lawsuit. Unless that's his ebay account.
Ships from SD though, so I doubt it.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
According to the interwebz (which NEVER lie), "Cuusoo" means (roughly) "wish" in Japanese.

Sounds like a weaboo word if I've ever heard one. If I ever see a white kid randomly interjecting Japanese words in his sentences when he/she clearly only speaks English, I may punch them out.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone

I got around that because I traded for 2nd and 3rd by pulling favors in line. I traded 2 of those stupid Magic The Gathering box sets for a TF/Joe set + $20 (to a dirty dirty scalper dressed as the kid from Avatar) and I also traded a Boba Fett and a MLP to someone else who offered to trade her TF/Joe set for mine after I let her jump in line with us at the last minute.

If I could hook up every member at cost, I gladly would. I've made it quite clear that this hobby isn't about making money for me or obtaining secret exclusive things just to have secret exclusive things. I buy GI Joe shit because I like GI Joe shit. But the years I haven't gone or had a close friend going to SDCC, I paid on eBay.

Hell, the year I got my Sarges, I paid $75 and $45 for each of the camo TTT Sarges I got (1 to open, 1 to keep carded) and at least $80 or so for the 2 USA decos, and I had a buddy standing in line.

After seeing the Hasbro line this year, I was honestly worried that they'd maybe be more difficult to obtain than they were. It's just how it is. I'm honestly tired of SDCC Exclusives to begin with. If this is the last year we get Joe exclusive figures, I will be a little sad but frankly relieved.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I just shipped the Starscream set to MR for $20 using UPS. USPS wanted, erm, $40.

Wasn't the Starscream box smaller, though (I don't know, I don't own it, hence the trade! :D)? This year's set was the same size as last years, if I'm not mistaken. Although a jet, assembled, could probably fit inside that box with the wings retracted.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Ah, well, the explanations seem decent enough.

Without this information, it looked like this place was devolving into yet another hisstank style website.

There was no "conspiracy" belief in place, it just seemed odd at the surface.

It is good to see this site and it's reps are above the crap pervasive at the other sites, just wanted to know what was up, that's all.

Last edited:

Hellion42

Meat Shield
May 1, 2013
Side 7
Wasn't the Starscream box smaller, though (I don't know, I don't own it, hence the trade! :D)? This year's set was the same size as last years, if I'm not mistaken. Although a jet, assembled, could probably fit inside that box with the wings retracted.

The Starstriker box was also the same size as the Shocktank box. I haven't opened a SS box, but I imagine there's lots of empty space. This year's box is probably a bit heavier though.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm not entirely sure, but I think Rex got 2, 1 for himself and 1 for Eddie. He had to give a handjob to the guy behind him in line to secure that...

I had to give MR a handie, he had to give that guy a handie, that guy had to give some other guy a handie...it's a vicious circle of handies...

One of the biggest issues, besides shipping, is simply carrying the fucking things back to your room or through the exhibition floor without the boxes getting dinged up to hell. I had 3 in a bag, and it was the most awkward thing ever to just carry 6 blocks back to my hotel room in that crowd.

WHAAAAAAAAT?!...good gawd!...I owe you a bigger tip!...geeze, no wonder people charge so much for these things (exclusives in general) on ebay...it's literally a job to get them...

I just shipped the Starscream set to MR for $20 using UPS.

Damn it MR!! ^^^ :mad:....;)

.... If this is the last year we get Joe exclusive figures, I will be a little sad but frankly relieved.

I feel the same way...I wish the Club would stop getting them also...one way or the other, it's a headache and a bit stressful acquiring them...

When a single card figure wasn't announced for SDCC, I was happy...you know it woulda been some ARAH/25th card art throwback, and I woulda HAD to have had that...the TF/JOE set was very desirable to me being such a huge Jetfire fan, but I wouldn't have been as upset if I couldn't get that ($$$) as much as I would've if I had to deal with getting a single card figure...sure woulda saved some money...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Without this information, it looked like this place was devolving into yet another hisstank style website.

It is good to see this site and it's reps are above the crap pervasive at the other sites, just wanted to know what was up, that's all.

Well, I do have a "pecking order" which has developed over time, but that's due to folks who have a long-standing record of helping me out. It's "favors" but also that there's a standard of trust I've built with them to know that they'll pull through and vice-versa. Not saying I don't trust you guys, but I know them pretty well from experience. For this site, (without forgetting anyone), Eddie, MB, Fogger, NSA, Cloud Strife, MW and probably now Hellion are dudes who I know will come through in a pinch, almost always. It just so happens that almost all of those guys are either Mods or Officers, but we're not trying to be "exclusive", it's just how I've worked out a system over the years. I still wind up paying retarded prices on shit quite a bit, though. So even with a safety net of other collectors, sometimes I still have to shell out for certain items.

The other thing, and I'd have to check PMs, is that I think you, DH and a few others had asked me about stuff from a line (literally, toyline or the stand-in-line line at SDCC) I know little about, and had I any extra room (as it turns out, I was right... I didn't, and actually had to ship Eddie's to him at the last minute) so once I hit up the Hasbro booth, if there was time for me to hit up those booths, I would. The lines weren't that welcoming, unfortunately, and I had other stuff to do, so I didn't make the Mattel line, for instance.

Throwing in an offer to help out, and us saying "sorry" isn't a "fuck you" by any means. It just means we're either maxed out or it's not in the game plan. Hell, NSA was running around half the time playing "Take a Pic of This-n-That" for the members here, plus I had other things to do besides stand in lines. Hasbro's a line I was in already, beyond that is just icing on the proverbial cake.

We could over-promise and not deliver, and that would leave you behind because you were expecting it and then have to pay even higher secondary prices for it. At least we were honest?

The Starstriker box was also the same size as the Shocktank box. I haven't opened a SS box, but I imagine there's lots of empty space. This year's box is probably a bit heavier though.

3 of those motherfuckers in that unwieldy Hasbro shopping bag were not light, by any means. So I'd probably bet so.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
I got around that because I traded for 2nd and 3rd by pulling favors in line. I traded 2 of those stupid Magic The Gathering box sets for a TF/Joe set + $20 (to a dirty dirty scalper dressed as the kid from Avatar) and I also traded a Boba Fett and a MLP to someone else who offered to trade her TF/Joe set for mine after I let her jump in line with us at the last minute.

If I could hook up every member at cost, I gladly would. I've made it quite clear that this hobby isn't about making money for me or obtaining secret exclusive things just to have secret exclusive things. I buy GI Joe shit because I like GI Joe shit. But the years I haven't gone or had a close friend going to SDCC, I paid on eBay.

Hell, the year I got my Sarges, I paid $75 and $45 for each of the camo TTT Sarges I got (1 to open, 1 to keep carded) and at least $80 or so for the 2 USA decos, and I had a buddy standing in line.

After seeing the Hasbro line this year, I was honestly worried that they'd maybe be more difficult to obtain than they were. It's just how it is. I'm honestly tired of SDCC Exclusives to begin with. If this is the last year we get Joe exclusive figures, I will be a little sad but frankly relieved.

I feel the same way.

I think I am also tired of thr madness of seeing SDCC items, only to realize that they will cost me a small fortune to obtain.

The economy and pricing simply is getting to be too much for my wallet.

MAJ Blood, as a rep of this site, helped me out last year and I appreciate him and others who went out of the way to get things for us. If TJ dropped out on you at the last minute, then it's understandwble why the site's reps couldn't be as generous or supportive since they were relying on him.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
I was trying to get someone to get my good friend a Fett and he was going to pay a premium for it but lucked out. So he ended up paying $150 on ebay for it.

So glad I didn't want it that bad.

other than the LEGO set/minis, there wasn't really anything that piqued my interest.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I was trying to get someone to get my good friend a Fett and he was going to pay a premium for it but lucked out. So he ended up paying $150 on ebay for it.

So glad I didn't want it that bad.

other than the LEGO set/minis, there wasn't really anything that piqued my interest.

I don't collect Star Wars but had I not traded a "must-have" item for my Fett, I was considering getting it for myself. It was pretty cool. The only other items I really wanted were the Super7 Alien figures, which sold out during Preview Night if I'm not mistaken, and the LEGO Back to the Future set, and after seeing the mob lined up for that, I gave a stout "FUCK. THAT." and merrily went on my way.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Fett will go retail soon enough, as is the case with the carbonite mold also resurfacing later on.

The true, die hard SW whackjobs that would sooner donate their own body parts for a kiss from George Lucas can have their 150+ dollar Boba Fett.

Wise people will just wait for these molds to appear in stores soon enough

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I would like to say I only got Last year's Jinx because of Mandingo Rex. I was not staff at that time. He charged me what he paid and shipped immediately. This was all well after the con at the point I thought I would never own her. He put her in his BST and I jumped on that bitch like an Ethiopian on a donut. So these exclusives get out there, I am proof of that.

I had no desire for this years set so I didn't bother asking anyone. All I want is that Baroness head and I know a caster will have it eventually. :D

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
Yeah, but this guy is a HUGE Fett fan. He has the original 12" Fett in a C-10 graded box, a C-10 graded ESB and C-10 graded ROTJ vintage cards. he has every Fett made to date. Also has a Jeremy Bulloch Autographed one of a kind Fett picture that was drawn by some big artist (name escapes me)