Vortious Custom Cast Accessories

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
Lol,it's quite full now:D I'm done army building tho...it's one of those things that got out of hand,and I realized it way too late..never again!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'd like to fire team that female Shocky you did. Maybe repurpose them. Split tails can't hack combat operations. :trollface:

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
^AND again I'm lost. LOL!

It's OK, the last jokes I did not get either as from coming from any references made here. I think it's just good old fashioned women in uniform joking.

Sry V, our thread derailment knows no bounds. I'm gonna drop a quote of your last update since we buried it. :thumbsup:

I just added these this morning.

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Thanks Medd I don't mind the occasional derailment especially right before a new update

I made this "SIGHT" for a customer recently. He asked for one like I made before, but I knew I could do MUCH better.

Then there's the 10 new heads

Last edited:

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I can't get seeing the roundness of Flash's head out of my mind now that someone said it earlier in the thread. It's all I see now. Darn it. That was my favorite of those statues til I saw that. Now he looks like he has the head of Hector Hammond stuffed under there to me.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Nice update! Can't wait to see Eddie's response to Firestorm. That came out freaking great bro!!

The eyes are A W E S O M E !

Thanks! I couldn't believe I got the sculpt done in one go. I thought for sure I was going to ruin the first one that I tried to cut the eyes out of. LOL

I can't wait to see the Proton packs...GIGGITY giggity giggity.

The Minimates figures that the guy who ordered the Proton Pack job sent me just came in, and I now have the Ecto goggles, PKE meter, and the trap as well as the beams, and 3D examples of the packs to study for a more realistic sculpt.

I can't get seeing the roundness of Flash's head out of my mind now that someone said it earlier in the thread. It's all I see now. Darn it. That was my favorite of those statues til I saw that. Now he looks like he has the head of Hector Hammond stuffed under there to me.

Medd it's a helmet. I don't think they were going for a right against the head look for this sculpt. The chin is the same width as Supes, but the top, and around the sides is made to give a more padded look. Or at least that's how I see it. LOL

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
^ 3XL Thursday, 3 free items of $10 or less for an order of $30 or more. It's in his signature if you have viewing them turned off.

Thanks, I do have sigs turned off. Someone had a scantily clad woman in a sig a few years ago, and my very-churchy secretary gave me stink-eye when she came into my office, so I turned signatures off after that.

Shouldn't be too hard to find $30 worth of new stuff!

EDIT: sent you a PM, V.

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Thanks, I do have sigs turned off. Someone had a scantily clad woman in a sig a few years ago, and my very-churchy secretary gave me stink-eye when she came into my office, so I turned signatures off after that.

Shouldn't be too hard to find $30 worth of new stuff!

EDIT: sent you a PM, V.

Thanks bud. Also if you don't want to turn on the sigs you can check out my Facebook page the freebie schedule is my banner pic.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I was trying to find the minimates I love this town set because I was trying to determine if the proton packs from those could be used / modified. That guy on Gbfans.com forum had a killer 1;18 set in the works but he stopped working on it.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Thanks bud. Also if you don't want to turn on the sigs you can check out my Facebook page the freebie schedule is my banner pic.

I placed the weekly special banner as an attached file in the first post in this thread so everyone can see it there too. I dated it as well. Just let me know if/when you change the specials or the picture V, and I will change the attachment to match.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I placed the weekly special banner as an attached file in the first post in this thread so everyone can see it there too. I dated it as well. Just let me know if/when you change the specials or the picture V, and I will change the attachment to match.

Thanks Medd! You've really been a big help to me on here.

I was trying to find the minimates I love this town set because I was trying to determine if the proton packs from those could be used / modified. That guy on Gbfans.com forum had a killer 1;18 set in the works but he stopped working on it.

You mean these?

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Man I love that Firestorm! Though a good body can't be too easy to come by. No way I'd want to try and paint on all his detail.

I'm really liking Fakor! Have you considered casting a whole light blue figure?

EDIT: nevermind...just checked your site. :D

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Those MOTU figures are insane! How I missed that I do not know, but I am in love! Is a Faker kit on the way?!

Have you considered casting Skeletors shin guards in purple and the knees in blue?

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Those MOTU figures are insane! How I missed that I do not know, but I am in love! Is a Faker kit on the way?!

Have you considered casting Skeletors shin guards in purple and the knees in blue?

The one I ended up sending out to the guy who got the kit started had metallic purple knee pads because one of the knees had had an airbubble, and broke, so I made a set of metallic purple knees, and cast a new set of legs around those. I can cast the parts in any color you want, and I can do either version of the legs you want. As for a Faker kit, yes I am working on him, and on a couple of others Soonest will be Ram Man. I made a mold of the "belly belt" for him the other day, but some how it had LOTS of little air bubbles in it (new type of mold rubber I'm learning cures MUCH faster, so I'll just have to get it under pressure sooner tomorrow when I make the new mold for it while making the replacement one for the weapon lightning). I am trying to fit in the parts runs to coincide w/ order runs as much as possible, so as to keep from having to run a load JUST for my own personal projects. My MAIN focus right now is getting caught up, but I still have boxes, and boxes of items that have been sent to me for casting, and several personal projects that I'm wanting to work on. When I made the "Sight" kit that I just posted I ALSO ran a large male figure kit in metallic green for a start for Man At Arms, I have the armor for his arms, and left leg shrunken thanks to my buddy Will/Angry Nomad, and he's sending me a shrunken Man At Arms head that he has in his store. I'll have the armor, and he'll have the head for you guys. Same w/ the GB heads, and packs. He's getting the heads to shrink, and I'm building the packs. He's the first in a group of caster that I'm going to be working with in kind of a co-op where we'll each have our own stores, but we'll try to play off of each others on at least a few items here, and there so that we help drive each others' businesses at the same time as our own.

CobraOfficer999

Junkion Astronomer
Jun 30, 2014
Vortious, How are you at casting the likenesses of celebs? I'd love to do a Radio Talk Show Host series (Talking Heads Series), including: Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Ed Schultz and Howard Stern. After I'm through with the "Cobra Dancing Girl" Series. Oh, yea.. Need to send you a Ralph head for casting.

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Hey Eddie, so it turns out that I actually had made the body parts for the Faker kit, and had forgotten about it. All I had left was the armor, so I piggy backed the chest armor w/ the metallic yellow for a Vision cape, and the purple fur loin cloth w/ a load of white rubber, and VOILA!

With Robo head instead:

VS He-man

"Battering Man kit" (you can cut between the tassets to allow for added movement)

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Too cool!

It's difficult to tell since the color doesn't photograph well, but are Fakers fur trousers and boots purple?

Is there a more "goofy hair" screen/toy accurate head available?

Is there a slightly smaller sword available? I think the one pictured is kinda comically large.

I'm thinking of ordering a Skeletor kit and then ordering the parts needed to use the base figure to turn him into Faker (boots, trousers, head, harness).

I'd love to get all the MOTU kits, but that's just too cost prohibitive.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Too cool!

It's difficult to tell since the color doesn't photograph well, but are Fakers fur trousers and boots purple?

Is there a more "goofy hair" screen/toy accurate head available?

Is there a slightly smaller sword available? I think the one pictured is kinda comically large.

I'm thinking of ordering a Skeletor kit and then ordering the parts needed to use the base figure to turn him into Faker (boots, trousers, head, harness).

I'd love to get all the MOTU kits, but that's just too cost prohibitive.

You mean the "page boy" hair cut? I always hated that look. Even when I was a kid I always thought that if he's basically a barbarian his hair would be allot more unkempt than that.

My buddy has shrunken the sword 3 times. He sent me the first one, and it is more She-Ra sized, and his dog ate the other 2. He said he's going to shrink it for me again, and send it along w/ the Man At Arms head w/ mustache that he's going to have in his store.

You actually don't have to order the Skeletor kit, and ask for the item switch outs. I listed this as a kit too.

And yes they are purple. I thought that the color would show up better, but they're a really nice kind of royal purple.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, the page boy cut. I like it out of nostalgia and not necessarily because I think it's a good look. :D

And you misunderstood my intentions. Since Skeletor and Faker are the same base figure, can I order one figure kit plus the pieces needed to switch out to make the other figure?

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Yeah, the page boy cut. I like it out of nostalgia and not necessarily because I think it's a good look. :D

And you misunderstood my intentions. Since Skeletor and Faker are the same base figure, can I order one figure kit plus the pieces needed to switch out to make the other figure?

Sure, and then when you decide you're tired of switching them out I'll be waiting to make you the other figure you need. LOL

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You mean the "page boy" hair cut? I always hated that look. Even when I was a kid I always thought that if he's basically a barbarian his hair would be allot more unkempt than that.

He spent his nights sleeping in Grey Skull, not kipping out under the stars. :trollface:

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
He-man didn't care what his hair looked like...I blame the page boy cut on Prince Adam.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
That He-Man above V, Is he all cast parts? The flesh? If you cast that in flesh, that is one great job getting the coloring right.

Yep He-man, Faker, and the stand they're on are all cast parts.

The "belly belt" on Ram Man is made of the urethane rubber so if the tassets are cut apart the tassets will move when you pose his legs. I'll post a pic of that in a little bit.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Ok, that RamMan is awesome. I just ordered another MU juggernaut to use for him. I'll definitely be getting a set of that armor next time I put an order together.

So where is the store that has these MOTU heads you speak of?

Thanks Medd. Will is a good friend of mine, and has done an awesome job shrinking heads, and other items for me. He's the one who shrank the Hitmonkey head for me. I'm working on fixing up a bunch of other heads, and items he shrank for me. Some of them had a few little air bubbles, and such from the shrinking process that I'll have to fix before I remold them for production.

CobraOfficer999

Junkion Astronomer
Jun 30, 2014
I don't have one. I was just checking how you are at sculpting actual people?.Or can you think of a head that might do for Jones, Limbaugh or another Radio Show Host? I could send you a Ralph head for casting, though.

Last edited: