Walmart Joe Update 6/18/12

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I have some Walmart Intel to share regarding the retaliation line. Nothing really earth shattering, but it was a interesting read and a nice update on Joes future at Walmart for the rest of the year.

So I have a pretty reliable source at WM, he's a asst. mgr and he feeds me info regarding Joe when he can(normally just UPC's and such). Well today he gave me a copy of Walmart's "weekly focus points". These are hot topics that the stores and departments need to focus on for the week. each department gets them.

The Toys one for "week 21" has a big section on G.I.Joe. It states in the focus points that the movie has been delayed and WM stores will no longer be receiving any product. They state that the Joe merchandise will be "deleted" out of the system and they give instructions to the stores to "flex" in other merchandise in the Joes place on their modular.

It also has a list of UPC's that are being deleted(wave 1) and it than goes on by saying that they had plans for G.I.Joe to be on the fall modular which was scheduled to be reset in August or September(I don't remember) and they no longer have plans to have any G.I.Joe on the shelves.

Now, obviously we all new this info and it's not really news. It was just interesting seeing it in Print as Walmart as a whole address this issue. These come straight form the corporate website, so this goes to all US stores. The way this was written was basically like a "WTF! this brand needs to get their heads out of their ass" LOL.

I have a copy of this letter, I'll post a photo of it tomorrow(it's in my car right now and I'm extremely lazy atm)

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
Damn. What I had been able to find some of the Joe Troopers. The line itself has kinda bummed me out. Most of the basic joes look like fodder at the most, but the Night Viper, Crimson Guard, Joe trooper, Black Dragon Ninja,and the 3 pack Firefly are mainly the only figures on my to buy list. Which is kinda unfortunate.

Ignore the horrible grammar. I just woke up.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yah, we all kind of knew this but it is interesting to see it was discussed.

Sold through what they had for the resets, then shipped everything else back. I guess the only reason to hit up a Wally toy section now is to muddle through the mixed up Thor and Avengers figures looking for Black Widow and Hawkeye.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
First off, thanks for the intel MW...even though I'm with unclassy on this...

these toys suck anyway. hasbro can keep em..

Yup, I feel the same way...there are a couple that are okay, but nothing in the first couple waves that I am at all excited about...it's all "meh"

Byrnes

Ghetto Fabulous
Feb 29, 2012
Wave 1 was OK, but the rest of the waves were going to be an improvement with articulation and figures

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Wave 1 was OK, but the rest of the waves were going to be an improvement with articulation and figures

This^^

I agree about wave 1 being lackluster but wave 2-4 had some gems and who knows what was planned after wave 5