What's on JOE Mind? GI Joe Podcast

cmderinchief

Commander in Chief
Hi gang!

One thing that the Joe community has been lacking as of late is a really good GI Joe only podcast. Sure, there are other podcasts that cover Joe, in addition to other figure lines or topics, but none cover the world of GI Joe - until now...

Greg from JoeCustoms, Chuck from InsidePulse.com, Justin from GeneralsJoes and myself (from YoJoe and Declassified) have put together a weekly GI Joe podcast covering all areas of the hobby, from news, reviews and interviews, to the toys, the comics and Joe in mass media. We (try) summarize the news events of the week, have roundtable discussions on topics of interest to the community and give commentary on the state of the hobby.

We try to make each episode about an hour to cover a lunch break or a commute. No 2+ hour marathons here. Sometimes they run over, but it is certainly without lack of pace or topics to thoughtfully discuss. Think of it as Sports Talk Radio meets GI Joe.

Find our podcasts at:
http://whatsonjoemind.podbean.com or subscribe on iTunes.

We just posted our "on site" podcast at the Canadian Joe Convention and we put up our latest regular episode (ep 9) last night. There's no need to go back in time to hear anything you've might have missed, so jump in anywhere. We look forward and welcome your feedback - either here or at whatsonjoemind@gmail.com! Thanks and we hope to hear from you soon!

- Gary

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Thanks for the links Gary. I've just started catching up on them the other day.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I listened to this when Numbers (1337W422102 from ages 25 and up) was on. Was a great show. keep up the awesome work! To me it sounded very professional and it moved with great fluidity. I will be downloading more episodes.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I listened to this when Numbers (1337W422102 from ages 25 and up) was on..

ahhh, i miss his thread...too bad he's a loyalist over there as i'd love for him to post here...it was nice being able to discuss the latest issue with other fans of his comics

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I still check out numbers' latest every couple weeks or so... Good stuff!

Starfighter

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
I love this podcast. Have been listening since day 1.

2 other great podcast are:
G.I. Joe Review Podcast
Star Joes

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
ahhh, i miss his thread...too bad he's a loyalist over there as i'd love for him to post here...it was nice being able to discuss the latest issue with other fans of his comics

he's the only reason I even attend the other place

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Somebody pointed me to his blog site (which I favorited). I might have gone to HT once since...

cmderinchief

Commander in Chief
Numbers is a good guy. I enjoyed our interview with him.

Coming up, we have a confirmed commitment from the Molten Monkey guys to talk about SK Omega and in July we have two smaller interviews planned. I am trying to nail down a interview with Marauder John and with a Funskool Joe expert. Its kinda fun to learn about these other areas of the hobby. I hope you find it as interesting as I do.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Thanks for the update. I'm interested to hear about the SK Omega stuff. It's not really something I'm looking to buy but I would like to hear the progress they have gotten to and maybe some of the things they have had to deal with trying to launch the line. I'll have to check the older episodes too so I'm up to speed.

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
Can't wait for the mmi interview. I'll be the first one to listen to it when it comes out in august :). Now off to listening to the newest... keep up the great work!

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
Thanks for listening. I do believe it was your Skystriker mod thread we mentioned. Nice work on that!

Thanks! I posted a link to it in the comments section for those who would be interested in doing it. The best part about it is there is no need for precise cuts as it is all hidden inside the fuselage.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
So we're finally gonna here about the status of the SKO line next week....

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
So are those vehicles going to be Joe scale or real scale? I'm assuming the first choice.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If the Owl is bigger than the Tomahawk I'd be truly surprised.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
*doesn't bring up the 1:18 Crane some guy did for a museum*

Love the use of the theme from The Delta Force

Last edited:

cmderinchief

Commander in Chief