What's on JOE Mind? GI Joe Podcast

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm so glad I'm not the only one vexed by Marvel hip joints. Really dislike them on Crossbones, even though i can get a bit more range out of them than I usually do.

cmderinchief

Commander in Chief

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Our Data Viper question was mentioned in this week's episode.

And the new Viper's packing a Panzerfaust 3.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm having a hard time fathoming why we wouldn't see it in the Retaliation line next year unless corporate just really doesn't want it done.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I guess it's a matter of perspective. I'd much rather have the D-V than a bunch of rehashes of 28 year old designs, especially if it's garbage like sub-teams. It's sounding like we may be looking at a sets like Tiger Force or Python Patrol.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
You don't have to worry to much about Python Patrol, Tiger force on the other hand...

CAPT. GRID-IRON

SerpentorsLair Commander
Jul 25, 2011
serpentorslair.info
So don't know if this is a question worthy of discussing or not, but are we 100% sure that these 7 packs will absolutely not be some of the more sought after figures that were supposed to come in the late 30th anniversary waves, like lifeline, airtight and sci fi? I guess no timetable has been set for the possible reveal of what the 7 packs will consist of

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
So don't know if this is a question worthy of discussing or not, but are we 100% sure that these 7 packs will absolutely not be some of the more sought after figures that were supposed to come in the late 30th anniversary waves, like lifeline, airtight and sci fi? I guess no timetable has been set for the possible reveal of what the 7 packs will consist of

Jesus! Don't say that. You want to get people to kick puppies or something?

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011

That's what I've been thinking for months. At first I thought it would house the Renegade's figs but after seeing the short window between the 30th Joes and Movie line. I'm expecting some of the 30th joes to appear in the 7 packs.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I'd like to see the Oktober guard in a 7 pack. That'd be too fucking cool though

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I'd like to see the Oktober guard in a 7 pack. That'd be too fucking cool though

to be honest, i would pass on a Oktober Guard set but I do hope they make one since it seems that so many fans do want one. Maybe a Joe Con set?

CAPT. GRID-IRON

SerpentorsLair Commander
Jul 25, 2011
serpentorslair.info
i was hoping a 7 pack would be to finish up the characters that should have been included in the 30th anniversary but that were not because it was cut short due to the movie line starting. Such characters as Zandar, Fast Draw, Sneak Peek, Gnawgahyde, Road pig, Cover Girl, Repeater,Jinx Big Boa, Psyche Out. that would come close to rounding out most of the original run in modern era form.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
to be honest, i would pass on a Oktober Guard set but I do hope they make one since it seems that so many fans do want one. Maybe a Joe Con set?

How could you pass on Commies, Don't you want to have you Joes run around screaming Wolverines!

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
How could you pass on Commies, Don't you want to have you Joes run around screaming Wolverines!

haha. They just don't fit into my collecting habits unless the figs are just so incredible that I can't pass them up

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
I would love a dreadnok 7-pack. I would buy it in a heartbeat. Sunbow or Renegades.

So we have 6 we can add to the 7 pack that have not been made besides Monkeywrench. My question is who would be the 7th in the pack? I assume another Zartan to lead them?

Monkeywrench the RoC 2 pack was crap IMO
Zandar
Thrasher
Zanzibar
Road Pig
Gnawgahyde

CAPT. GRID-IRON

SerpentorsLair Commander
Jul 25, 2011
serpentorslair.info
So we have 6 we can add to the 7 pack that have not been made besides Monkeywrench. My question is who would be the 7th in the pack? I assume another Zartan to lead them?

Zandar
Thrasher
Zanzibar
Road Pig
Gnawgahyde

I would go with Zanya, but the chances of hasbro making a female, even though they could utilize the zarana mold in another way, would be slim

cmderinchief

Commander in Chief

Zandar
Thrasher
Zanzibar
Road Pig
Gnawgahyde

I'd take Burn Out over Monkeywrench and I'm guessing that if Zarana is out there that Zanya is totally in the cards.

what is the podcast e-mail address to ask any questions?

Episodes 20 and 21 have been posted:

#20: http://whatsonjoemind.podbean.com/2011/09/09/episode-20-whats-on-joe-mind/
#21: http://whatsonjoemind.podbean.com/2011/09/15/episode-21-whats-on-joe-mind/

Or find them on iTunes or Stitcher!

You can email the show at: whatsonjoemind@gmail.com

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
another great pod cast just got done listening to it. I notice there is still no location or dates to 2012 Joe Con. Is this due to the movie coming out next year or is it the subscription set the club is trying to do. Here it is October and not even a location or date is set. Seems pretty late considering the past few years have been July or August the club has announced location and dates. Just wondering if anyone on the pod cast panel has insight on what is going on with the club and 2012 con.

CAPT. GRID-IRON

SerpentorsLair Commander
Jul 25, 2011
serpentorslair.info
As a follow up to Duff's question, has anything come of the rumor that was floated around that Botcon and Joecon would be merging in the future?

Last edited:

cmderinchief

Commander in Chief
another great pod cast just got done listening to it. I notice there is still no location or dates to 2012 Joe Con. Is this due to the movie coming out next year or is it the subscription set the club is trying to do. Here it is October and not even a location or date is set. Seems pretty late considering the past few years have been July or August the club has announced location and dates. Just wondering if anyone on the pod cast panel has insight on what is going on with the club and 2012 con.

Thanks duffman! We will be talking about this in episode 24 actually. I don't think the subscription or movie have much to do about JoeCon. Its my understanding that the people working on the subscription are not necessarily the same staffers working on the site evaluations. Of course the movie is all on the schedule of the studios. I do know that Hasbro needs to sign off on anything the club does so we might be at that stage now with the location announcement. The latest newsletter says "any day now."

As a follow up to Duff's question, has anything come of the rumor that was floated around that Botcon and Joecon would be merging in the future?

That has been a long rumor, but we discussed it in episode 10. Right now this is simply not true. We did our due diligence and talked with the club about it and some comments to the contrary on a Transformer podcast were incorrect. On top of a good debate, this is probably one of my most favorite episodes:

http://whatsonjoemind.podbean.com/2011/06/29/episode-10-whats-on-joe-mind/

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
Thanks duffman! We will be talking about this in episode 24 actually. I don't think the subscription or movie have much to do about JoeCon. Its my understanding that the people working on the subscription are not necessarily the same staffers working on the site evaluations. Of course the movie is all on the schedule of the studios. I do know that Hasbro needs to sign off on anything the club does so we might be at that stage now with the location announcement. The latest newsletter says "any day now."

I also got my newsletter and read that so hopefully in the next week we get a location and some dates.

CAPT. GRID-IRON

SerpentorsLair Commander
Jul 25, 2011
serpentorslair.info
At the risk of sounding snarky, may i say, i wonder what the over under is that we will know the location of joecon 2012 by christmas or after christmas. Anyone want to take that action?