What's on JOE Mind? GI Joe Podcast

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
At the risk of sounding snarky, may i say, i wonder what the over under is that we will know the location of joecon 2012 by christmas or after christmas. Anyone want to take that action?

the end of October we should have dates and location per the joe club website.

cmderinchief

Commander in Chief
the end of October we should have dates and location per the joe club website.

Here is what I think will happen (or possibly is happening now).

The club ALWAYS wants to announce this stuff first officially in the newsletter. I think the site is determined and signed off on now. I think the day when first class newsletters start to arrive, the club email announcement will go out, followed by the site being updated, and then social networking. We are a few days away from the first first class newsletters from being delivered. I expect to hear something ANY day now.

cmderinchief

Commander in Chief
Here is what I think will happen (or possibly is happening now).

The club ALWAYS wants to announce this stuff first officially in the newsletter. I think the site is determined and signed off on now. I think the day when first class newsletters start to arrive, the club email announcement will go out, followed by the site being updated, and then social networking. We are a few days away from the first first class newsletters from being delivered. I expect to hear something ANY day now.

ANNNND, this is exactly what happened...Got the new newsletter yesterday announcing New Orleans. They have a pattern and are sticking to it.

cmderinchief

Commander in Chief
TWO Episodes are posted for this week:

#27:
http://whatsonjoemind.podbean.com/2011/10/28/episode-27-whats-on-joe-mind/

Special Edition #4: 2012 JoeCon Site Announcement:
http://whatsonjoemind.podbean.com/2011/10/29/wojm-special-edition-4-2012-joecon-site-announcement/

You can also find them on Stitcher SmartRadio and GeekCastRadio.com

iTunes subscribers via the iTunes PC or Mac client can refresh their subscriptions and receive these two episodes immediately. For some reason, the iTunes Store and iTunes for iOS devices do not show the two shows yet. I am working at resolving this.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Interesting. I don't know what PTE figure the one fella is looking at, but I know full well the Chinese FAV and Type 92 have more detail than anything Hasbro has done in the Joe line in the last decade.

I also call shenanigans on them being delicate.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Interesting. I don't know what PTE figure the one fella is looking at, but I know full well the Chinese FAV and Type 92 have more detail than anything Hasbro has done in the Joe line in the last decade.

I also call shenanigans on them being delicate.

Yea, I'd say it's about as durable as Hasbro stuff considering the issues I've read with some of the new stuff they have made. Of course the packaging will be cheaper so costs are lower but PTE stuff is actually packaged pretty solid. What's real nice is you can see what you are getting. With the windowless GI Joe stuff you may find out you are getting someone's old toy in that box. I drag the PTE stuff out in the woods thrown on top of each other and they hold up pretty good. Some parts are cheap of course. Same with any toy.

They do add nice little details with PTE stuff too considering the price. Would be nice if some things were removable but at least they add little things so items are not so bland.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If I wouldn't have to breakout the Bondo I'd so put real tow lines on that damn thing.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
Damn you, WOJM'ers, for making me reconsider not getting the GIJCC. As a rule, I don't collect Joes for profit. But at the very least, they would make some serious trade fodder...

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
I was wondering if the guys on WOJM did a break down on what each person thinks next years 2012 joecon box set and convention items will be. i took the liberty to come up with my own idea. I am not looking for you guys to break it down like me but some insite would be nice. Kind of like when you guys were guessing were the location was going to be for JoeCon maybe each of you can guess what the sets will be. anyways here is my break down on what i would like to see.

A Night Force set would be nice. I think Shadow Guard would be a great enemy to go up against the Night Force team.

Boxed 15 figure set
Spearhead & Max
Charbroil
Psyche-Out
Sneak Peek
Muskrat
Repeater
Lightfoot

vs
Shadow Guard Officer x1
Shadow Guard troopers x7

Exclusives
Shadow Guard driver with Shadow Guard Stinger Jeep in the new Vamp mold

Night Boomer with Falcon

Parachute figure = Night Force Crazylegs with parachute

Attendee give away item = Shadow Guard Twin Battle Gun (can be pulled by the Shadow Guard Stinger Jeep)

Carded Footloose (like what they did with Dial-Tone last year)

I did not add the Shockwave, Outback, & Tunnel Rat sense they were already made and available.

cmderinchief

Commander in Chief
Thanks!

JoeCon discussion is definitely coming. With all the figures of the FSS revealed, not much is left to talk about other than the cost. So a topic change is on the horizon for sure. I like the looks of your idea, I'd buy it. I need to sit down and think of my best guess.

Episodes 29, 30 & 31 have been posted!

#29: http://whatsonjoemind.podbean.com/2011/11/10/episode-29-whats-on-joe-mind/
#30: http://whatsonjoemind.podbean.com/2011/11/17/episode-30-whats-on-joe-mind/
#31: http://whatsonjoemind.podbean.com/2011/11/25/episode-31-whats-on-joe-mind/

Also find them on iTunes, Stitcher SmartRadio, InsidePulse.com and GeekCastRadio.com

And on behalf of the cast of WOJM, Happy Holidays!

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
Thanks!

JoeCon discussion is definitely coming. With all the figures of the FSS revealed, not much is left to talk about other than the cost. So a topic change is on the horizon for sure. I like the looks of your idea, I'd buy it. I need to sit down and think of my best guess.

Episodes 29, 30 & 31 have been posted!

#29: http://whatsonjoemind.podbean.com/2011/11/10/episode-29-whats-on-joe-mind/
#30: http://whatsonjoemind.podbean.com/2011/11/17/episode-30-whats-on-joe-mind/
#31: http://whatsonjoemind.podbean.com/2011/11/25/episode-31-whats-on-joe-mind/

Also find them on iTunes, Stitcher SmartRadio, InsidePulse.com and GeekCastRadio.com

And on behalf of the cast of WOJM, Happy Holidays!

Thanks man I had fun breaking the Night Force set down. I really look forward to this next set becuase with the Mission Brazil set doing so well (selling out) I am curiouse to see what they have in store next for us in 2012.

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
yet another great episode of WOJM. I really look forward to the club revelaing the price to the subscription figures.

Crosshair

The Unwashed
Dec 5, 2011

Crosshair

The Unwashed
Dec 5, 2011
Here are the show notes for Episode 33:

We were joined by Chuck from the excellent podcast StarJoes. Thanks for joining us, Chuck!

1997 RAHC figure packs from TRU
Poor, poor Chewie
MU Ghost Rider figure (showing off the thigh cuts)
SH Figurearts Goku (with shoulder pivots)

Pre-orders for 30th Wave 4 are available. Here is the case break down:
1x Lifeline
2x Zombie Viper
1x Airtight (Renegades)
1x Law & Order (Renegades)
1x Sci-Fi
1x Techno Viper
1x Steel Brigade
1x Scarlett (Renegades)
1x Cobra Trooper (Renegades)
1x Ripcord (Renegades)
1x Tunnel Rat (Renegades)

New FSS card art and head sculpts on the Club's Facebook page
Season 2 of the Sunbow GI Joe animated series has begun showing on The Hub
IDW's new Cobra Commander has been revealed (SPOILERS)
Coil Con 2012 will take place September 8th, 2012!
More unreleased Jurassic Park branded GI Joe figures are seeing the light of day.
Sideshow General Hawk figure has been released.
Chuck's YouTube action figure review page

This week we'll have an interview with John Barber from IDW! And we'll also be discussing the GI Joe Retaliation trailer tonight on Twitter. Follow us @generalsjoes, @chuckdawg1999, @garygodsoe, and @gregschueller to discuss the trailer with us!

Thanks for listening!

Last edited:

Crosshair

The Unwashed
Dec 5, 2011

Crosshair

The Unwashed
Dec 5, 2011
Episode 35 has been posted, here are the show notes:

People we'd like to thank for all their help during 2011

Justin Bell from GeneralsJoes.com
James Kavanaugh Jr. author of the RAHC Guide
Mike Irrizary moderator at JoeDeclass, JBL and admin at Sightings and pinch hitting host
Mike Heddle of the CJC
Ryan Costello of the CJC
Tristan Rudat director of Operation Blast Off
Pluv John admin of JoeCustoms
Jay Hunger VP of COIL Club
Craig Moore from The Fwooshcast
Terry Dizard admin of YoJoe
Gary Head of JoeDeclass
Chris Murray
George Greenoe
Ace Allgood from The Trenches
Christopher from GI Joe Review
Mark Cheng director of Operation Red Retrieval
Mack Kuhr Zartan from Operation Red Retrieval
Richard Whipple of Ratfink Customs
Jay Gish director of YoJoe - A Real American Hip-Hop Musical
Dave Stecco Full Bore in YoJoe - A Real American Hip-Hop Musical
Steve "Megatron" Phillips co-founder of the Geek Cast Radio Network
Cole Sickler Community Manager from Crave.com
Fran O'Boyle admin from HissTank.com and the NJCC
Kevin Watts from JoeDeclass
Dave and Don from Flag Points Podcast
Dan founder and creator of ActionFigureTherapy.com
Rich founder of ARealAmericanHero.com
Josh Carlson of JoeDeclassified
Pat Stewart of JoeDeclassified and YoJoe
Jason Krause admin of the TerrorDrome.com
Chuck co-host of the StarJoes podcast
John Barber Sr. Editor at IDW
Dave Tree of All the Cool Stuff
Ed Lydon for his work on the softball charity graphic
To our sponsors - Todd at Kokomo Toys & John at JoeArmory.com
To all the websites that supported us along the way
To Hasbro, the club and Paramout for listening
To you the fans for being patient and allowing us to get better along the way and allowing this crazy idea to work.

Things to look forward to in 2012
-Toy Fair - Feb 12-15, New York
-Rollout Roll Call 3 - March 10 and 11, The Jury's Inn in Southampton, England
-JoeCon June 21-24 New Orleans
-GI Joe: Retaliation - June 29 America (release dates will vary by country)
-SDCC July 12-15 San Diego
-Canadian Joe Con - August 10 and 11 Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
-COIL Con III - September 8, Kokomo, Indiana

-Retaliation preview 4 pack on Amazon?
-Sideshow Viper released
-Retro Toys making a comeback?
-Topless Robot likes the GI Joe Retaliation trailer
-IGN Rewind Theater with the GI Joe Retaliation trailer
-Chuck likes hairy feet.
-Hunter Artworks cast items

Our guest Salty Santa!

Two hints for the Rollout Rollcall 3 exclusives
Hint No.1: I am Red, White & Blue
Hint No.2:

Thanks for listening, and Merry Christmas!

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
Hey guys great job the last 2 most resent pod casts. I was not a fan of the RoC line myself, but I am suprised no one picked the RoC Range Viper the green and black one. The Range Viper also came with a great vehicle/play set the terror cannon.

Anyways keep up the good work guys.

cmderinchief

Commander in Chief
Hey guys great job the last 2 most resent pod casts. I was not a fan of the RoC line myself, but I am suprised no one picked the RoC Range Viper the green and black one. The Range Viper also came with a great vehicle/play set the terror cannon.

Anyways keep up the good work guys.

I remember him!! No arguments here - I thought the Range Viper was a great looking figure that came with a fun vehicle as well. Soooo many figures and just not enough slots to put them in! :(

In case anyone else has not heard the episode, here is the RoC Special Edition we recorded for our holiday break:
http://whatsonjoemind.podbean.com/2...l-edition-5-a-look-back-at-the-rise-of-cobra/

Crosshair

The Unwashed
Dec 5, 2011
Episode 36 has been posted, here are the show notes:

Our special guest was Robert Atkins, artist on IDW's GI Joe and Snake Eyes comics! You can find Robert at his art site, his Deviant Art page and on Twitter!

Some info from Robert on being an artist:
4h Lead - under drawing
H lead - finished drawing
Ink - technical pens, brush dipped in ink - traditional
Blog sketches - micron pens, disposable

Back on Snake Eyes with #13 in June, 50th cover consecutively for IDW
Shadow Gambit, book is written by Larry Hama and drawn by Robert.
He'll also be doing a Action Force print for RORC3!

Information for his Cobra Commander design custom contest and more

He's also part of the Darkhan City Podcast with his co-creators from Elders of the RuneStone.

He's also an instructor at The Comic Experience.

GI Joe Retaliation toys info from Kokomo Toys!
Cancelled tan Jurassic Park AWE Striker
Figures.com best of 2011
Info from the newsletter

4 Corner Concepts display cases
12 inch figures in space, again!

If you've got a few minutes please take a quick survey to help improve the podcast!

Thanks for listening!

cmderinchief

Commander in Chief

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
JASON MARSDEN?

NICE!

I'm going to have to listen to that one for sure. I'm only listened to a handful of shows but what I have heard has been pretty good. I really enjoyed Renegades so I will have to hear the JASON MARSDEN interview.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
just listened to show #38.

Really enjoyed the Marsden interview. That is crazy that Renegades was dead in the water before the show even aired. I'm even more happy now that the show had crazy good ratings, I hope Hasbro feels like the jackasses that they are.

Crosshair

The Unwashed
Dec 5, 2011
Glad you liked the Marsden interview. I find myself saying this every few weeks, but it was probably one of my favorite episodes. Marsden is an incredibly nice guy.

Crosshair

The Unwashed
Dec 5, 2011
Here are the show notes for episode 37 and episode 38:

Special thanks for James Kavanaugh and Mike Irizarry for filling in as guest hosts, and for Mike from the GeekCast Radio Network

The unproduced Chef figure that James was talking about.
Future GI Joe Sideshow figures?
Alternate ending and deleted scenes for GI Joe: Red Retrieval

Special thanks to Jason from AtomicMartians.com and Jason Marsden of GI Joe Renegades

Jason's favorite episode of Atomic Martians - Swamp Thing!

Marsden's next big project - Rescue Bots

Nominations for the JCAs at Joecustoms.com
Prototype pictures of Marauder Gun Runners series 6
-Vector machine gun
-Aliens Flamethrower
-AA12 shotgun
-Glock 18 type pistol
-MP-40
-Modular weapon accessories
-M-200 sniper rifle

If you've got a few minutes please take a quick survey to help improve the podcast!

Thanks for listening!

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
just listened to show #38.

Really enjoyed the Marsden interview. That is crazy that Renegades was dead in the water before the show even aired. I'm even more happy now that the show had crazy good ratings, I hope Hasbro feels like the jackasses that they are.

i agree very sad to end something that did not even begin yet.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hasbro? Feel abashed? Not likely. Retaliation follows a very similar theme to Renegades so if/when we get a new Joe toon it'll be different.

cmderinchief

Commander in Chief

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Just listened to the last 2. Good shows! I'm sad that Greg is no longer on the team. I enjoyed him the most even though he didn't seem to talk much :)

cmderinchief

Commander in Chief
#41 - Crossover with The StarJoes Podcast
http://whatsonjoemind.podbean.com/2...at’s-on-joe-mind-star-joes-crossover-edition/

#42 - We're joined by Arune Singh from Marvel Comics and Brian Truitt from USA Today
http://whatsonjoemind.podbean.com/2012/02/19/episode-42-whats-on-joe-mind/

SE7 - Well, its pretty self explanatory, its an Interview with Larry Hama
http://whatsonjoemind.podbean.com/2012/02/19/wojm-special-edition-7-an-interview-with-larry-hama/

SE8 - Mixing your Joe hobby with your significant other.
http://whatsonjoemind.podbean.com/2...ur-significant-other-your-collection-and-you/

Find them now on Podbean, and shortly on iTunes, Stitcher SmartRadio, InsidePulse and GeekCastRadio.com