WW2 Sci-Fi Armored Truck WIP

Zarzak

The Unwashed
Feb 2, 2014
Hey guys,

I'm trying to get back into this project that I started. And after bugging Digler, he suggested I shared this here. So awesome to browse all the creative, genius scratch-build stuff. Been getting lots of idea's. Any suggestions and help are welcome.

Basically, this started as a project for a pretty typical "German Transport" sort of vehicle. So I went ahead and disassembled a Bruder Dump Truck. But a few summers ago, I had a great garage sale score, and picked up a dirt cheap Clone Wars AT-TE walker that was in fairly rough shape, missing pieces. So In my curiousity, I disassembled it and found it fit pretty cool on the bruder frame, and made for a menacing Sci Fi/Alternate Armored Vehicle. So...Here are early stages from a few months ago.

Been putting a bit of work into it lately. Lots of joints and seams to clean up. Just sort of eyeballing stuff (never worked with styrene before, first vehicle project) so lots of trail and error.

Made a big re-inforced bumper..though I'm not sure if I like how the brush guard sort of covers up the lights...I might reconfigure it? Thoughts?

I do plan on putting some sort of turret on top, but I'm not sure on a design that would work. It will prolly have forward facing turret..but also a small turret on the rear, facing backwards..Maybe. I dunno, just faking it till I make it :) Fun so far.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
The lights issue...mount some ON the brush guard maybe?

Also, if this is "WW2/Sci-if", maybe WWII-era it up somehow?

Zarzak

The Unwashed
Feb 2, 2014
Also, if this is "WW2/Sci-if", maybe WWII-era it up somehow?

Yeah, that's a bit of the tough part..I think a lot of that is gonna come from the paint job, and the various accessories (bags, Cannisters) and such. And I'm really getting stuck on what kind of turret to give this thing...Gotta look at a few German Armored car turrets.

Filled in the front window part, and added a small vision hatch (As well as did tons of minor sanding and filling everywhere, but that's sadly not that noticeable) as well as very roughly slotted in a front facing machine gun. It's starting to remind of the "Battle Fortress" from Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge. Bonus points if anyone has a clue what I'm talking about lol.

The Right of Might

Bustin Ours', Savin' Your
Aug 30, 2011
Yeah, that's a bit of the tough part..I think a lot of that is gonna come from the paint job, and the various accessories (bags, Cannisters) and such. And I'm really getting stuck on what kind of turret to give this thing...Gotta look at a few German Armored car turrets.

Filled in the front window part, and added a small vision hatch (As well as did tons of minor sanding and filling everywhere, but that's sadly not that noticeable) as well as very roughly slotted in a front facing machine gun. It's starting to remind of the "Battle Fortress" from Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge. Bonus points if anyone has a clue what I'm talking about lol.

1). answer is that great command and conquer PC game. "Battle Fortress" could run over other vehicles in the game...

2). reminds me of the semi for the "highwayman" tv show from the 1980's: Bonus points if anyone has a clue what I'm talking about