I’ve done a bunch of other HMMWV models, and during research I saw a photo of a “spec ops” type HMMWV and knew I wanted to make it, but I knew it’d be a LOT of work, it ended up taking me a little over a week to go from start to finish, which wasn’t too bad I don’t think.
This is my M1025 “Special Operations” HMMWV. It was used in my 9SFG(A) Diorama which is also posted on the site. I was going for a highly modified HMMWV, used somewhere between the invasion of Afghanistan and the invasion of Iraq.
It is based on the 21st Century Toys M1025 “TOW” HMMWV. Here is what it started off looking like, and what my inspiration was.
I did the following modifications:
* Everything? Haha
* Replaced TOW launcher/mount with M2 .50 cal mount/storage.
* Removed all the doors, windows and back hatch.
* Added stowage-netting to back doors and back gate-area.
* Added movable M249 SAW mount/gun on back bed.
* Added passenger M60 mount/gun.
* Added SATCOM antenna.
* Added Laptop & 2nd radio to interior.
* Added a BUNCH of interior stowage. (MRE’s, Watercans, Packs, Bedding, etc)
* Added fabric camo rolls/sand protection.
* Added push bar to front.
* Added outside stowage (packs, rope, gear, etc).
* Pained camo/weathered/dirtied it up inside and out.
Here is what I ended up with after all was said and done!