A Call to Arms!

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
As the site's main toy reviewer, you may have noticed that I've been a bit more quiet of late, especially on the reviews and front page in general. Fact is I've been busy helping out with the front page stuff, doing the week in review and testing out the 1:18th Dispatch) both of which are done now that the Front Page looks better than ever. In addition, I have a lot of renovation projects going on at home, so a lot of my time is filled with phone calls, trips to Home Depot, and occasionally lighting a fire under a contractor's ass so they work a little faster.

I've talked this over with NSA, and we decided I should see who might be interested in stepping up and taking on the bulk of responsibility for doing the reviews. This is going to require some photography skill for high quality pictures, the occasional impulse buy at the store for that figure that has got to be reviewed, taking the time to learn the template and wordpress, and being vetted by the staff to ensure you're the right person for the job.

If you have any interest, send me a PM. If you have links to examples of some toy photography and/or reviews you've done, please include those.

Thanks!

Last edited:

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Lol that's funny I might be able to do a review here and there depending on if I have the money to pay 10.99 for a figure

While the 'here and there' from some members is nice, this is basically for a staff position to join our newsies in gray. They'd be learning the template we use, learning Wordpress, and we'd hope would have a fairly decent grasp of English and grammar so they could be fairly independent, requiring little micromanaging by the rest of the editing staff.

So yes, it's an unpaid job where you have to write a lot, but good reviews are going a long way towards the site getting a good reputation among these companies.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
While the 'here and there' from some members is nice, this is basically for a staff position to join our newsies in gray. They'd be learning the template we use, learning Wordpress, and we'd hope would have a fairly decent grasp of English and grammar so they could be fairly independent, requiring little micromanaging by the rest of the editing staff.

So yes, it's an unpaid job where you have to write a lot, but good reviews are going a long way towards the site getting a good reputation among these companies.

Guess that rules me out :trollface: :lmao:

Preacher13

Officer X
Jul 16, 2014
Center Moriches, NY
www.instagram.com
Well, I'm new, but I'm a professional journalist and toy photography/collecting is my hobby. I also manage a word press site! (I'm the co-editor of DansPapers.com).

My interest mostly depends on how often you'd need reviews. I get really busy with work and stuff sometimes, so it's hard to commit to anything that would amount to a part time job, but my regular job has trained me to turn around 500-700-word stories in a fairly short amount of time.

Email me at oliver@danspapers.com. Let's discuss.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I think everyone here knows that I can provide critical analysis on any figure out there.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I would like to give a warm welcome to The Fighting 118th's newest staff member Officer DarthDre758. He will be handling various stories including Custom Spotlights and Movie News. Welcome aboard and thanks for accepting!

Last edited:

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
If I had a like button, I would be clicking it right now. So imagine me clicking it. Clicking it HARD! Yeah.. I mean, welcome!

Attachments

• like.jpg
    like.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 72

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Oh...and thanks for the promotion. I look forward to not doing much and raking in the praise.