Casting Sites: Links, Info + Alerts

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Has anyone cast the head from the SDCC German Mechanic figure?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Aces!

Hey, any way you could tell me if the slouch hat (HH043) is compatible with it? That's the big issue I've been running into. That hat is for some pretty small heads.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Shit.

I've got a couple of factory ones, maybe I can take enough material out where it'll fit....

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
The head it to big for the hat. I can try to heat one up and stretch it over the hard and see how it looks.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Anyone besides Raginspoon casting Guillotine's backpack retooled for modern figs? He's only got the kit for sale (and its sold out), and I don't think I'm gonna spend that much for a backpack.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Anyone besides Raginspoon casting Guillotine's backpack retooled for modern figs? He's only got the kit for sale (and its sold out), and I don't think I'm gonna spend that much for a backpack.

Send one of the old ones my way, and I'll see what I can do about upgrading it to something more modern. Maybe something like I did w/ the flamethrower I did:

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I guess I should have pointed out that I don't have the original version either. ;) If I can get a hold of one cheap, I'll send it to you.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I have yet to buy from Shapeways, and likely won't. The prices aren't what bother me (I get high costs for "new" tech) but I do not like the output quality.

Which is disappointing because there is some great work out there modeling-wise. Giga's stuff is amazing, it's just the print quality that ruins it for me. Once the resolution gets tighter, then I'll be in.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Properly scaled? Not really. If there are they're probably on Alyosha's site.

You'd love to raid McFarlane's Rasputin, though.

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Properly scaled? Not really. If there are they're probably on Alyosha's site.

You'd love to raid McFarlane's Rasputin, though.

Yes. Yes I would.

Well, VvV Mindbender has vials but they're molded in black. I might have to give a go at sculpting some and get them cast. Meh, why's there no 1/18 Breaking Bad set? :D

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Yes. Yes I would.

Well, VvV Mindbender has vials but they're molded in black. I might have to give a go at sculpting some and get them cast. Meh, why's there no 1/18 Breaking Bad set? :D

I have a mold of those, and I even include some in the mad scientist set, and I can cast them in any color you want. I'll have to go down to the shop in just a bit, but while I'm down there I'll see how many there are in the gang mold for them, and I'll let you know later. If I forget to let you know just pm, or email me, and remind me.

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I have a mold of those, and I even include some in the mad scientist set, and I can cast them in any color you want. I'll have to go down to the shop in just a bit, but while I'm down there I'll see how many there are in the gang mold for them, and I'll let you know later. If I forget to let you know just pm, or email me, and remind me.

I will keep that in mind, definitely. Thanks!

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I will keep that in mind, definitely. Thanks!

My gang mold has 11 of the test tubes in it. I'll get a listing up for it either later this evening, or tomorrow. I've been up for over 25 hours now, so I'm gonna go get a little shut eye so I acn tackle finishing up the orders from WE 3-29-14 tomorrow, and Saturday.

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
My gang mold has 11 of the test tubes in it. I'll get a listing up for it either later this evening, or tomorrow. I've been up for over 25 hours now, so I'm gonna go get a little shut eye so I acn tackle finishing up the orders from WE 3-29-14 tomorrow, and Saturday.

Cool. Thanks again. I'll definitely be ordering those as soon as I see them up. :D

sgt goat

Enlisted
Mar 25, 2014
heya fellahs... whose th best go to for hydro shrinking please?
would like some heads shrunk from 1/12 to 1/18..

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Is there anyone besides Raginspoon casting the suit jacket/vest from Professor X/SDCC Destro?

I will be soon, and I'll also be removing the vest part so that you can have a non vested suited guy too. TIME UGH!!!! Just NEVER enough of it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Did anyone besides Broken Arrow ever start casting a stethoscope? I was looking at my '70s Joe nurse and got to thinking I wanted her to have some accessories besides her non-functional boonie hat.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
That would be Vortious's other apprentice:D

Damn he moves fast! I remember him mentioning the GB heads like last week?

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
This guy on facebook is advertising some casts...he's got some presidents and he's shrinking the ghostbuster movie heads.

Angry Nomad Customs

^
That would be Vortious's other apprentice:D

Damn he moves fast! I remember him mentioning the GB heads like last week?

Yep he's a great guy, and REALLY good at shrinking w/ Hydroshrink. Contraband is experimenting w/ the mold shrink stuff, so I can't wait to see how his shrinks turn out.

Did Will already get the GB heads shrunken, and cast? I thought that stuff took at least 2 weeks to shrink to the right size.