Marvel Legends 4 inch 2016

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
There's now a 4 inch Legends line because it wasn't confusing enough before.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Oh, look; this year's assortment of half-assed substandard garbage they'll do one production run with and ship haphazardly to one or two retailers for three weeks when the factories are in down-time producing 6" stuff.

Whatever.

I wish they'd just kill the line entirely and sub-let the scale to Japanese companies that would actually make worthwhile product.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I consider myself a marvel guy, and I have no clue who half of these guys are. Either they are scraping the bottom of the OHOTMU barrel, or they are intentionally pushing z-list characters due to some upcoming media appearances or marketing bullshit.

My tinfoil hat says that it clearly has something to do with promoting Avengers and ignoring X-Men. Throwing us a Rogue bone does nothing to sway that opinion.

At this point, I look at the photos with an eye toward what useful parts the figures contain and couldn't care less about the completely unknown characters. Yeah, and naming them "Legends" just feels like Hasbro trolling us at this point.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Did anyone notice the GI Joe/Cobra image? It looked like a card back except there were four attached together?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Spider Man Noir in 1:18 would have my interest, as would Rogue and Onslaught. Even if the latter two are 6" I would still dig their heads shrunken to 1:18. I'm desperate for a 1:18 skull that doesn't suck in some way, and Onslaught would work just fine for Red Skull.

EDIT. Yeah, the good stuff is 1:12. The carded figures no one has heard of in 35 years are 1:18.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
I consider myself a marvel guy, and I have no clue who half of these guys are. Either they are scraping the bottom of the OHOTMU barrel, or they are intentionally pushing z-list characters due to some upcoming media appearances or marketing bullshit.

My tinfoil hat says that it clearly has something to do with promoting Avengers and ignoring X-Men. Throwing us a Rogue bone does nothing to sway that opinion.

It's more about 'what characters can we make from the library of parts we've got onhand from our years of haphazard management and shoddy engineering and design' than anything. You think *now* is when they're gonna start planning ahead for this line? Somehow, someway; 18th has become Hasbro's red-headed bastard stepchild.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Did anyone notice the GI Joe/Cobra image? It looked like a card back except there were four attached together?

There's a thing over on the stank for it. I saw the pics on Facebook. Four new characters from IDW comics...apparently there's going to be a vote on Hasbro Pulse - http://pulse.hasbro.com/en-us where we vote for which one is our favorite and something will happen. assuming a figure will be made based on whichever one wins.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
It's more about 'what characters can we make from the library of parts we've got onhand from our years of haphazard management and shoddy engineering and design' than anything. You think *now* is when they're gonna start planning ahead for this line? Somehow, someway; 18th has become Hasbro's red-headed bastard stepchild.

Usually there is some marketing aspect, either a cross sell to a multimedia project or other upcoming promotional push. I assume that's why we've gotten so many z-list Avengers' villains in recent years and little to no FF or X-Men stuff.

But now, I can't even imagine who half of these guys are. Maybe they are going to show up in the post-battleworld, post-616 universe in the comics soon? The blue guy looks like OMAC and the beast guy looks like Calibak. It's like marvel is trying to rip off Kirby-era '70's DC characters.

But as always when they reveal new waves of random dartboard shit, I will complain about the lack of Dazzler, Polaris, Rachel Summers, Shadowcat, Maddie Pryor, Marauders, Reavers, Freedom Force, and any other X-character that are infinitely more important to Marvel's history than the complete nobodies they've cobbled together.

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
Blu guy is Yondu from Guardians of the Galaxy, dunno about the rest. Also KT, I'm pretty sure I remember that Spiderman Noir is getting a 1:18 scale version as well.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That SPN IS the 1:18 version. Got to find him a trench coat and fedora.

Preacher13

Officer X
Jul 16, 2014
Center Moriches, NY
www.instagram.com
Marvel hasbeen pretty into the Inhumans, who happen to be awesome. Triton is an inhuman. The blue guy is Yondu from the original Guardians of the Galaxy. Spiderman Noir was from a four-issue "Noir" limited series, but then he began popping up in other books. He's actually pretty cool too. Ulik isn't exactly unknown either. I think it's cool they don't just keep making the same Hulk, Wolverine, Spiderman and Cap figs over and over. For some of us it's exciting to see figures made of characters we never thought we'd see.

Also, these new piece appear to have much better articulation than the last batches of shite Marvel gave us. Looks like they've just scaled down standard ML articulation.

To me, this is all a big step in the right direction, though I think it's foolish to call them Legends.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I really like this wave.
I have a bunch of IM mark 1 so I don't need that one but I'll probably get the rest. Maybe 2 or 3 of Ulik because I really like that mold.

Added these guys to the Archive.

Marvel Legends 4" 2016

Anyone heard if there is going to be a Civil War line? I haven't seen anything mention yet for 4".

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Also, these new piece appear to have much better articulation than the last batches of shite Marvel gave us. Looks like they've just scaled down standard ML articulation.

Nope, Noir is a re-do of the SDCC Ultimate WWII Cap from a few years back, Iron Man is a repaint from the IM2 line, and Ulik is an Abomination re-do. The others on the new bucks all lack any torso artic at all and are still a batch of shit.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Marvel hasbeen pretty into the Inhumans, who happen to be awesome.

While I respect your opinion, I couldn't disagree more. The recent flood of Inhumans are Disney's attempt to push mutant-like characters whose movie rights aren't owned by Fox. It's their work around to the "X-Men problem".

The problem with that plan is that the characters are completely uninteresting and a farce compared to the real mutants. They are a sad, empty substitute.

"I know you like driving that Corvette, but here's a Ford Focus. It's just the same. Sporty and everything! You won't know the difference... unless you drive it. Or race it. Or look at it. Or try to sell it. Or attempt to pick up chics. Otherwise, it's exactly the same!"

F#$% the Inhumans.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Meh, the XMen have been shitty substitutes for *themselves* since the Byrne run. Aside from the First Class retconned tales of the original team and Whedon's run on Astonishing, it's all been a slurry of maggoty dogshiat.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
While the Byrne run is considered legendary, I really liked the post-Byrne Claremont era with Smith, Romita, & especially Silvestri far better. If I were stranded on a desert island and could only bring one run of 50 comics, it would be Mutant Massacre through the end of the Outback era.

The 90's were bad, and the franchise has has it's ups and downs since, mostly due to dilution (who needs 20 x-titles?!) and inability to establish a status quo and tell some stories before the next Marvel crossover comes along and forces everything to be new and different for absolutely no reason. When it was simply Uncanny, New Mutants, and X-Factor, it was coherent, tight continuity, and it was manageable from an editorial standpoint. It simply got out of control for a while.

However, none of that excuses Marvel for trying to force the Inhumans down everyone's throat. No one demanded it. They can't possibly even support a single title, much less the 3+ that they are foisting upon us.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
While the Byrne run is considered legendary, I really liked the post-Byrne Claremont era with Smith, Romita, & especially Silvestri far better. If I were stranded on a desert island and could only bring one run of 50 comics, it would be Mutant Massacre through the end of the Outback era.

The 90's were bad, and the franchise has has it's ups and downs since, mostly due to dilution (who needs 20 x-titles?!) and inability to establish a status quo and tell some stories before the next Marvel crossover comes along and forces everything to be new and different for absolutely no reason. When it was simply Uncanny, New Mutants, and X-Factor, it was coherent, tight continuity, and it was manageable from an editorial standpoint. It simply got out of control for a while.

However, none of that excuses Marvel for trying to force the Inhumans down everyone's throat. No one demanded it. They can't possibly even support a single title, much less the 3+ that they are foisting upon us.

Eh, I thought the first three years of X-Men vol. 2 were all right. I'll freely admit that this is nostalgia talking. I dig the concept of strike forces and it worked for a little while. I liked Fatal Attractions, too, even if it did span six fucking titles- including Excalibur.

At least they didn't actually ruin Wolverine with an origin story in the '90s, though there was feral Wolverine. So in the main I think maybe Nacho is right. Fuck the '90s. :D

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Eh, I thought the first three years of X-Men vol. 2 were all right. I'll freely admit that this is nostalgia talking. I dig the concept of strike forces and it worked for a little while. I liked Fatal Attractions, too, even if it did span six fucking titles- including Excalibur.

At least they didn't actually ruin Wolverine with an origin story in the '90s, though there was feral Wolverine. So in the main I think maybe Nacho is right. Fuck the '90s. :D

*a-hem*, March 1991, yo. Although I'd hardly use 'ruined' to describe it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Perhaps I should have specified a pre-Weapon-X origin.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Wait, is Rogue 4" scale? or 6"? Onslaught?

Goddamn them, that's confusing as hell. Just keep calling the 4" line "Universe" and the 6" scale "Legends". What reason was there to change it up?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
To fool retailers? Maybe the Legends line sells better than the Universe/Infinate lines?

If Hasbro wants to move the 4" line without having to pull the wool over the retailers eyes, maybe they should consider not reducing articulation and not trying to push characters that even diehards don't know or characters that they've already released 40 different versions of while at the same time jacking the price up.

They can't possibly be surprised that people have lost interest, can they?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Wait, is Rogue 4" scale? or 6"? Onslaught?

Goddamn them, that's confusing as hell. Just keep calling the 4" line "Universe" and the 6" scale "Legends". What reason was there to change it up?

Rogue and Red Skull Onslaught are 1:12.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Rogue and Red Skull Onslaught are 1:12.

Oh wtf, Red Skull Onslaught? Marvel's just come up with too many fucking characters. I wondered what the skull noggin was from. Looks like it comes with a regular Onslaught head, though?

I wanted a large Onslaught, not a 6" one. No idea why they made that BAF the weird insectoid version and not the more iconic Onslaught. That Rogue looks good, but I already had a decent Legends Rogue.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011

Yeah... Can't read them. Haven't heard a dam thing about them. They are being promo'd with MU fans. Feels like a black eye.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
Oh wtf, Red Skull Onslaught? Marvel's just come up with too many fucking characters. I wondered what the skull noggin was from. Looks like it comes with a regular Onslaught head, though?

I wanted a large Onslaught, not a 6" one. No idea why they made that BAF the weird insectoid version and not the more iconic Onslaught. That Rogue looks good, but I already had a decent Legends Rogue.
Yes it there is a regular head.

Yeah... Can't read them. Haven't heard a dam thing about them. They are being promo'd with MU fans. Feels like a black eye.
http://pulse.hasbro.com/news/article?article=gi_joe_fan_vote

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I wonder why the slipped that in with a bunch of X-Men stuff....trying to see if anyone would catch it?

My only exposure to X-men has been the cartoon from the 90's, a smattering of comics and the recent movies.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Looks like Rogue comes with first form Onslaught's head. And if you really want to flip your shit, read the paragraph on Red Onslaught in Onslaught's wiki article.
We definitely need old school, ToyBiz-sized BAF Onslaught.