Boss Fight Studios

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The Greeks were pretty faithful to the control art, and are patterned on what we know about Classical Greek arms and armor. I can get behind historical tinged with the fantastic. I don't think the Fantasy wave will hit that sweet spot for me. Granted, we only have control art for 7-8 figures as I recall, so things could change. I do kind of like the Elf.

I guess what I want is more Excalibur and less World of Warcraft.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
I'm with KT to a degree...

I don't think the fantasy stuff is bad really, but I wish we could at least get some more realistic medieval designs. Hell... look at the Spartans and Athenian figs. Fairly historical aren't they?

Let's get a few historical medieval knights, etc... while including elves and such. Would that have been a bad way to go about it? No... we get the cosplay, D&D , B-movie designs.

Edit: Yes! Excalibur would be a good start.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
:proposetoast:

I'm looking at the Mythic Legions figures and finding I can make those damn armored skeletons in 1:18. Just got to find the right donor armor.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
I'm with KT to a degree...

I don't think the fantasy stuff is bad really, but I wish we could at least get some more realistic medieval designs. Hell... look at the Spartans and Athenian figs. Fairly historical aren't they?

Let's get a few historical medieval knights, etc... while including elves and such. Would that have been a bad way to go about it? No... we get the cosplay, D&D , B-movie designs.

Edit: Yes! Excalibur would be a good start.

Excalibur is more 15th/16th century style armor (in mythical Arthurian Britain of all places). Love that film, they don't make'em like that anymore. I was a little bummed out by the Mythic legion size change but eh, can't win them all.

I dig that Boss Fight Fantasy series though. You can mix in some Greek series bits for maximum cheesecake. I mean it's drawing from the 70s/80s&some 90s eras of D&D.

Slap some helmet casts on that Knight body and you've got a heap of variety to add to the nice Winged helmet.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Oh, I'm not saying Excalibur is historical... the armour was at least based on 15th century designs, with the added embellishments of course. Something at least similar would have been a good start for a knight character though. Hell... even some of the Warhammer style armour would have sufficed, imo.

I'll buy these regardless.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The only ones they could get money from me on this very day are Lacuna and the Asperity Knight. If they were on the Excalibur or Flesh and Blood design tip I'd be throwing money at them.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
It's a shame I have to spend $24 for a skeleton from ebay...

While I wait for my $12 ones to ship - god only knows when.

:shakefist:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I just paid $17 for a damn skeleton that cost less than $4 in Japan. Also while waiting for fucking Boss Fight to ship.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I didn't read the Kickstarter real close. I went in for a single set of 4 figures, which I got a quite a while ago. I thought the was the end of it. And then recently I got another package with 3 skeletons among other figures. I really like the skeletons. I still don't know what I'm going to do with them, but I like them.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
You can give them to me? :)

Stupid question I ordered some stuff via the pre order swore I was going to wait until I had the stuff in hand but this week I ordered a few more to make sure I got the parts I wanted without going to eBay any chance I might get everything in the same order or will it more likely be 2 shipments?

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
So... I'll have a white and yellow skeleton, along with Medusa, coming this week. Medusa will definitely be getting a slight overhaul, which will include a bow... Clash of the Titans style.

Maybe in another year :lmao: when I get my pre-orders, I'll be able to make a nice display for everything.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You can give them to me? :)

Stupid question I ordered some stuff via the pre order swore I was going to wait until I had the stuff in hand but this week I ordered a few more to make sure I got the parts I wanted without going to eBay any chance I might get everything in the same order or will it more likely be 2 shipments?

Hard to say. They've just started getting preorders out, but they seem to have combined KS supporters' preorders with their original stuff.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
The second half of my KS set was listed as two orders/shipments, but came all in one box. So... who knows?

joesilver

PMC on demand!!!!!!
Jun 3, 2011
Portugal
still waiting for my pre orders (ZZZZZZZ)... but i get to buy 2 blanks on evil bay and these guys made an outstanding job on the figures . i love the headsculpts that come with the figures, so many possibilities.
and now i trully think i´m improving on the art of painting eyes :)

Attachments

• 13342969_1729024657375945_2510037949719691920_n.jpg
    13342969_1729024657375945_2510037949719691920_n.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 12

shadowwarrior

Enlisted
Nov 9, 2013
Wales, UK
www.flickr.com
In no particular order, here is what I've been doing HACKS wise. Do first thing to note me and my old man scratch built a working 1/18 Viking/Greek/roman longboat. Fuck me that was hard work.. Weathered up and painted a few more Figs too, gave the three brothers Tattoos too lol. Also got that Schleich Big Knights Castle. Weathered the fuck out of it though cause couldn't stand that yellow hue lol.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
In no particular order, here is what I've been doing HACKS wise. Do first thing to note me and my old man scratch built a working 1/18 Viking/Greek/roman longboat. Fuck me that was hard work.. Weathered up and painted a few more Figs too, gave the three brothers Tattoos too lol. Also got that Schleich Big Knights Castle. Weathered the fuck out of it though cause couldn't stand that yellow hue lol.

Good stuff Shady.

Even though the Drawbridge screams at me.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
That's great stuff SW, you've got yourself the beginnings of a nice universe there.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
*Checks e-mail*
*Still no shipping notice*

FML. At least my Kaiyodo skeleton is out for delivery. It should go well with these Greek bastards.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Same here... still no shipping notice. At least I'll have medusa and 2 skeletons this week from ebay, to go with my ultimate spartan... also from ebay.

Oh, the waiting.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
So all 3 ebay items came in today. Skeletons could use some leg swivel, but not a deal breaker. Medusa is ok... not that easy to get her to stand with coiled tail, imo. Have to get it just right, or a light breeze will knock her over. All in all, I'm happy with everything so far.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Not sure why he didn't post this here. ;)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMon2NKDmu8[/ame]

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Looks like it. Don't know why I didn't think of something like that for manicae.

shadowwarrior

Enlisted
Nov 9, 2013
Wales, UK
www.flickr.com
Cheers boys, yeah it's just Hockey a tape Wraps!

And that vid is pretty cringy but ultimately works for me! Haha.

In the. Runtime I was given every figure a wash in either brown or ruddy red shade from citadel to take the shine off and added dry rushing and primer weathering to armour cause my pre order came in!

Got like 10 Spartans, 3 Myrmidons, 2 snakes, 4 Athenians, 5 disciples of Eurlye, and a bunch of about 7 custom independent warrior/adventurers!

Pics of the collection to follow!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Fuck. They would put the Cloud White bucks up for preorder now.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ah, my first order is 500 and change after yours. Guess I've got a while still to wait. :trollface:

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
I got confirmation that my latest two orders 2610 and 2615 are going out today (one pkg for me, one for my nieces & nephew). I get the feeling the numbers mean dick.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I got confirmation that my latest two orders 2610 and 2615 are going out today (one pkg for me, one for my nieces & nephew). I get the feeling the numbers mean dick.

Entirely possible.
*checks e-mail*
*still nothing*