Boss Fight Studios

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Yeah, nice work and nice pics of them. Those guys have been on campaign too long and need to head home for a bath!

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Major Kusanagi, having fallen into a temporal rift from 2073AD NeoTokyo to 468BC Mycenae, demonstrated her worthiness to wield the Celestial weaponry of Perseus and was instrumental in the Gorgon Sisters' defeat...

for a while...

What the, what scale is that figure of the Major? Is there seriously a 3 3/4" Kusanagi figure?

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
It's getting on towards being ten years old now, so good luck finding her for less than a rent payment, man (even though she and the tachi would be worth it as they're both pretty much flawless):
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Shell-Tachikoma-Kusanagi-Company/dp/B000QUNKYM"]Amazon.com: Ghost in the Shell SAC Tachikoma w/ Motoko Kusanagi Action Figure (Good Smile Company): Toys & Games@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51BJPlyBVkL.@@AMEPARAM@@51BJPlyBVkL[/ame]

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
She's Leia-small, but I can dig it in context of who she is. Some properly-18th sized figures can fit in the tachi pilot pod, depending on their artic and kibble. Females generally fit better than males.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yup. It's that lousy SAC design, but it's better than nothing. Came with a diecast Tachikoma.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Oh, I *lurv* this figure and am greatful she's in a practical outfit over the thong&jacket look. The only negatives are that she and her tachi are a one-off when GitS screams for a full line (just like Cowboy Bebop) and that her wrist balls are a bit too loose. She had two other right hands with a pistol and P90-ish rifle molded to them, but I stick with the open palms and give her proper removable Joe weapons.

As a cyborg, I love how she's completely disassembleable, too. Even witgout the tachi, she's in my Top Ten.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Need a Fuchikoma and an Okiura-designed Kusanagi. That is all.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Aaww man, I was really hoping on having a chance at adding a joe-scale Kusanagi to my collection. She was wearing pants and everything. That tachikoma looks awesome too.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
You can, you just really got to *want* it, man. I bought mine new from HLJ, after having it on preorder for like a year and a half, for about $160; pretty much my single-highest toy ever. It is *flawless* as a pair of toys and pretty much exactly what one wants when one thinks '18th GitS'. I dunno that it's worth $500, but you could probably find it for $250 if you were both diligent and patient; and you'd be well-served to pounce on it at that price.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Eh, the gorgons are the least interesting of the wave. Then again, I'm not likely to lose sleep over repaint of one, am I?

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Yeah... we'll just have to agree that you're wrong, lol. I'm 'full' of dude warriors, but I need more of all the ladies, both legged and otherwise.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Chicks with legs, sure, but the naga-heifers aren't doing much for me.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm awaiting a preorder, and if I'm impressed I intend to order pre and post-curse Medusa. I suppose the snake tail could blow my skirts up enough to warrant another purchase, but it is early yet.

Speaking of impressions, I chuckled at one youtube review. I thought he had a fair point until he brought up the Skeleton Warriors blank. Oh, and couldn't figure out the bank's hands hinge in different directions.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Yeah, wait to play with a snake in-hand before poo-pooing them. The engineering is very elegant and works flawlessly on all the ones I have.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, wait to play with a snake in-hand before poo-pooing them. The engineering is very elegant and works flawlessly on all the ones I have.

My hang-ups are purely aesthetics in nature, though if I were into big-ass snakes I could easily see myself daisy-chaining together segments from four (or more) gorgons.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Dr. Syn...

When did you order those skeletons? Ugh... still waiting on my orders.

They were add-ons with my Kickstarter pledge.

The orange blank spoke to me, and I swapped out the silver skirt for hip armor in black and gave her a temp cloth loin cloth. The brown hands and feet standing in for gloves and boots (the ankles will be sanded before spray painted brown to match the boots)

War Duke like adversary, He gets boots and has a brown head (the super hero masked sculpt) I figure some Green eyes are needed.

Mess round with my other blanks, love that you can swap the pony tail out for another color. That's going to help big time.

Desert Helix and Gamora head swaps. The flesh tone is slightly off on the Amazon, but it's the closest you'd get without painting.

Even the regular series 1 figures are fantastic, now I have to slowly get the others as well as the blanks and armor sets.

R.I.P Wallet.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Damn it! You've got me wanting to work on my gladiatrix.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I got my notification for my pre-order stuff yesterday... Still nothing for the KS set 2 though. I should have at least one of every color done so far.

I got one of every color and am going to be doing a special line of possibilities in the Archive for all the figures you can easily make with just the HACKS line. focusing mainly on the blanks. So I'm looking for ideas once everyone starts getting the BLANKS in.

Looks like a bunch of people are bitching and complaining about the 4-H Mythic Legions shipping as well.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fourhorsemen/mythic-legions-action-figures-by-four-horsemen-stu/posts/1580573

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Shit. I got a good pile of those AoDs off ebay a while back, but no paddock. Ain't gonna find it now, either. Get that thing casted, man! It's a great-looking piece.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
That should be easy enough to make out of a piece of balsawood...iffn' someone don't mold/cast the original.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
[/URL]

They've done a bang up job, I wish I was an all-in supporter back in 2014. I'll post more later.

Reminds me of the arcade game Warzaid, in which the first level you fight an army of modern warfare undead skeletons on the beaches of Normandy.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I was thinking of doing the reverse of this using the GitD accessories and black skeleton. Needless to say this is a variant I approve of.

Last edited:

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
No commentary given, just the pic:

I'm wondering if that's a new armor piece or if that's artistic licence?

Either way, want!

More pics:

Red armor is unfinished. Not committed to what I want to paint on it yet.

I did however paint my 4 white skeletons

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Really dig that fellow on the left, and the skeletons look great out of the raw.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Nice! I just ordered a couple more Skels to start building my forces, plus a second gray Male to bash up since I already used my first one. I also ordered Stonefist, PostCurse Medusa, and I think the last Tartarus Guard for my nephew and nieces. The nephew is a bit of an artist, and hopefully will use Stoney as a mannequin.