Boss Fight Studios

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Kokomo Toys Amazon came in today and I took some comparison shots of the base figure compared to a recent Marvel Universe figure. I know a lot of people are looking to use the blanks for various female super heroes.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hmm, stray paint needs to be touched up. Thanks for the pic, Archivist.

I'll take as many pics of different female head sculpts on/next to that female buck as you can supply.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Could, or do what 1:18 aircraft manufactures did and use plugs.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
The screw isn't even really needed, imho. Once I get around to doing full-n-proper customs with them I'm sure I'll be gluing the pelvis halves, t-bar, and abdomen all together into a solid piece.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Hmm, stray paint needs to be touched up. Thanks for the pic, Archivist.

I'll take as many pics of different female head sculpts on/next to that female buck as you can supply.

odd request but whatever, here you go. bunches of female head sculpts on/next to her.

Just messing with you.There is one thing I really don't like about the double barbell neck/head joint is that it creates a lip at the top of the neck and that causes simple head swaps to be a literal pain in the neck.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I meant on their respective bodies, ya schmuck. :D

Seriously though, Scarlett Witch on HACKS buck, stat! I'm having Contraband scale a couple of heads to it, and I want to get the best size possible.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
In your opinion, is Female Thor the best fit or is it just the neck on the buck that makes everything look incompatible?

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
In your opinion, is Female Thor the best fit or is it just the neck on the buck that makes everything look incompatible?

Female Thor looks great as long as she is wearing her armor a little big if she isn't. The rest are a little small but that neck is a serious problem for simple head swaps. Either we will need to trim the neck up a bit or open the hole in the head a bit more.

I plan on using one of my female Thor heads to make a Joan of Arc when the full shipmenet of Amazons come in.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Thanks for the feedback. *goes back to waiting for preorders to start shipping*

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Her head works okay. It would need a little modification to fit well. I don't really want to HACK this Amazon all up but once the blanks come in I'll put a little more effort into getting different heads to fit on the body.

If you have Helix from ROC I would say scale any head to that one because it is a good scale.

I wouldn't go out and get a Sif for this body. Her head is actually a little small and looks kind of funny on it. I took some more pictures with different heads I'll post in a bit.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I definitely foresee needing to sand down the top of the neck and doing deeper holes on the head.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Want to thank you again for these pics. They're gonna be very helpful.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Gonna have to strip it and replace it with a big ol' Greek bush. :trollface:

Flocking like Moss Man form the MotU?

Kokomo Toys Amazon came in today and I took some comparison shots of the base figure compared to a recent Marvel Universe figure. I know a lot of people are looking to use the blanks for various female super heroes.

Now that is a glorious body sculpt. Good lord.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014

Dafuq is up with captain marvel's chin? I have two of these that I got when they first hit,and their chins are perfect. I have since found them at target&Walmart,and all the chins are effed up! The eyes are good on mine also...yours not so much..

Does anyone know when the preorders from bossfight ship? I ordered one of everything off their site. I was hesitant to buy more then one skeleton warrior since I haven't seen one compared to joes...hoping they're the same height...after seeing this it's doubtful.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Dafuq is up with captain marvel's chin? I have two of these that I got when they first hit,and their chins are perfect. I have since found them at target&Walmart,and all the chins are effed up! The eyes are good on mine also...yours not so much..

Does anyone know when the preorders from bossfight ship? I ordered one of everything off their site. I was hesitant to buy more then one skeleton warrior since I haven't seen one compared to joes...hoping they're the same height...after seeing this it's doubtful.

She has a huge glob of paint on her chin. I haven't fixed it yet but that and they eyes shouldn't be too difficult to fix. I had to order online because I have yet to see any new MU/MI/ML figures in an actual store.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

We're last in line, dude. They haven't even finished shipping the first half-dozen figures to all the backers yet. No word yet on when the rest of the line is hopping on the boat from China. I'm revising expectations on when I'll finally get mine from May to somewhere in the tail-end of Q3.

joesilver

PMC on demand!!!!!!
Jun 3, 2011
Portugal
same here. pre orders will be the last to ship... and to be honest their communication is not the best.... they are not accurate and they are always complaining if someone asks "shipped already"?

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
No, their communication is fucking *great*. They've given us unprecedented insight into the process of toy making as it was unfolding, over any other toy company or indiser's recollection from 20 years previous.

They're not talking *now* because there's nothing to talk about and they're busy packing boxes and getting them out the door.

joesilver

PMC on demand!!!!!!
Jun 3, 2011
Portugal
No, their communication is fucking *great*. They've given us unprecedented insight into the process of toy making as it was unfolding, over any other toy company or indiser's recollection from 20 years previous.

They're not talking *now* because there's nothing to talk about and they're busy packing boxes and getting them out the door.

Thats because you already receive your figures! !! And don't take it personally. Their bad communicationi is mostly because they can't get accurate with the delivery times. And sadly i keep seeing posts of people complaining about that and their response is mainly " everytime you ask is one less package we sent " !!! I believe that if someone spends 300 dollars or more( or even a smal amount ) has the right to be updated and informed. And this is not about quality because i believe those are great its only about customer service . One example. See the M.O. of Marauders Gun Runners. Its all about client satisfaction. Boss fight told us that pre-orders will ship after the kickstarter receive their figures. But when will that happen? I believe they don't have a clue about it... this is not bitching is Just letting those guys know how customers feel and helping improving the process

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Thats because you already receive your figures! !!
I have 8 of my 47 figures. Suddenly my observation of their behavior is irrelevant because I somehow don't want the remaining 39?

I believe they don't have a clue about it...
No fucking shit! Please tell us, and them, how to know when you'll be finished with each and every step of a process you've never done before. What day, exactly, will people in a country on the literal other side of the planet will be finished manufacturing multi-thousands of items and hand them over to another company to transport them and when you'll then be able to process boxing and shipping them to hundreds/thousands of different individuals across the planet.

The *only* reason people are able to gripe about their 'slowness' and 'poor' communication is because of their *unprecedented* communication with us. Not a single one of us would have known about the MTF manufacturing flaws or the Chinese New Year disruption if they hadn't told us. You're not getting that information from Hasbro, Mattel, Funko, or Acid Rain, or Hiya, or Toy Notch.

People are biting the hand that feeds them and it's only going to cause BFS to clam up about their inner workings in the future.

joesilver

PMC on demand!!!!!!
Jun 3, 2011
Portugal
Again because this is minor discussion( its a hobby )... you have your point of view that i fully respect and understand but you have to do the same with others with different opinion .

joesilver

PMC on demand!!!!!!
Jun 3, 2011
Portugal
If they don't have a clue they shouldn't tell the customers they will ship in the end of the month or other date ... try to understand that there are different client experiences and some turned out bad and thats why people may have doubts along the process

CoreyD

Enlisted
May 3, 2015
DC
Hey, remember when we had to use snail mail and money orders to buy everything and you had no clue when anything was going to arrive? (6-8 weeks)

Me too.