Legends of the West Kickstarter

joesilver

PMC on demand!!!!!!
Jun 3, 2011
Portugal
sadly i like the figures and the theme, and i know that with Boss Fight Studio involved these will turn out great, but this guy Alyosha will never see my money or even my appreciation or support....

just mentioned this now because the community apparently don´t like someone to remember some scammers and point some fingers(people get nervous or something :) ). and sadly this is one of the greatest in the art of scam

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
sadly i like the figures and the theme, and i know that with Boss Fight Studio involved these will turn out great, but this guy Alyosha will never see my money or even my appreciation or support....

just mentioned this now because the community apparently don´t like someone to remember some scammers and point some fingers(people get nervous or something :) ). and sadly this is one of the greatest in the art of scam

You can mention him here all you want, there's not much love for him on this board.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
This isn't a BFS project. They were contracted by the wholly-separate company CFT to do some freelance design work. I assume they've been paid for that and have no further involvement beyond advice once interaction with the factory is needed due to CFT using the same factory.

Ahhh...I understand, thanks for the clarification!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I *think* he's the idea guy. I want to say he bought the old Plan B 1:18 western prototypes and developed the updated format.

I could be mistaken.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
I *think* he's the idea guy. I want to say he bought the old Plan B 1:18 western prototypes and developed the updated format.

I could be mistaken.

CFT is two guys, Paul Mundheim and John Russell/Alyosha. So far as I know Paul is the financial backer while John is the Creative Director, although in practice it looks to me like the design of the figures are an even split of their likes. My understanding is that Paul bought the Dusty Trails protos for his personal collection a while back.

CoreyD

Enlisted
May 3, 2015
DC
CFT is two guys, Paul Mundheim and John Russell/Alyosha. So far as I know Paul is the financial backer while John is the Creative Director, although in practice it looks to me like the design of the figures are an even split of their likes. My understanding is that Paul bought the Dusty Trails protos for his personal collection a while back.

Ok and which one is the "project manager" aka the one that's gonna get the figures to my doorstep?

illestr8r

Enlisted
Aug 25, 2016
I gotta say, I don't know a thing about this Alyosha but you guys are seriously making me question my pledge now. This is the KS I was/am most excited about but I'm not too keen on dealing with someone with this kind of rep.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Nothing bad you hear about him is exaggerated, unfortunately. His business practices are poor, and if you have an issue with it, he'll be a d!ck about it. I can't imagine being the person who has to work with him.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I gotta say, I don't know a thing about this Alyosha but you guys are seriously making me question my pledge now. This is the KS I was/am most excited about but I'm not too keen on dealing with someone with this kind of rep.

I know of Alyosha aka JE Russell. I've been told mixed reviews on him,mostly bad tho...pretty much everything said here verbatim. I tend to listen to others,take it under advisement,and go from there with extreme caution. I will say that some really good people in this hobby told me some really negative things. One person that told me pretty much everything said here that personally knows him,as in they used to hang out,local...I trust that person's word 100% therefore I personally wouldn't get involved with anything financial with this individual...I have nothing personally negative to say tho,nor have I had any negative interactions with him ever. we cross paths on FB occasionally,and he seems like an ok person. Then again my ex wife(high school stupidity)&I cross paths on FB sometimes too,and she seems ok on FB too,yet she's a rotten cunt in real life,so it is what it is:trollface: it's good that people haven't forgotten tho!

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Has the topic of broken arrow toys been mentioned in the kickstarter comments yet?

I'm sure it would be remove instantly.

But to be fair this is a kickstarter, so if money is not raised then you get your funds back.

If they make their funding goals, & they do not deliver, kickstarter has a process for that too.

& this project is more than just 1 guy with a bad reputation.

I hope they get their funding & we get some great toys. I'm tempted, but since westerns were never my thing. (Dam you West World don't get me sucked in.) I'm waiting on the legions/suits kickstarters as I know I will want that more.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Barring a massive downturn in support I don't see how they don't make at least their initial goal. Well over halfway there and they still have over a month to go.

Chaka Cha

Enlisted
Jun 7, 2012
I'm sure it would be remove instantly.

But to be fair this is a kickstarter, so if money is not raised then you get your funds back.

If they make their funding goals, & they do not deliver, kickstarter has a process for that too.

& this project is more than just 1 guy with a bad reputation.

I hope they get their funding & we get some great toys. I'm tempted, but since westerns were never my thing. (Dam you West World don't get me sucked in.) I'm waiting on the legions/suits kickstarters as I know I will want that more.

From what I read on the kickstarter site, it is between the company and the individual as far as refunds go....or am I reading that wrong?

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
From what I read on the kickstarter site, it is between the company and the individual as far as refunds go....or am I reading that wrong?

I don't know the exact policies Kickstarter has, but

Anyone can change their pledge to more or less during the pledge drive. This is the time someone can ask for a refund.

Once the funding drive is over, funds are collected & no refunds after that point.

Given the size of Kickstarter, I have to imagine at least one company has not been able to deliver once funding was granted (& no I do not believe it will be an issue with this kickstarter) But I am sure there is some kind of policy in place if something like that were to happen.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
From Kickstarter FAQ

What is a creator obligated to do once their project is funded?

When a project is successfully funded, the creator is responsible for completing the project and fulfilling each reward. Their fundamental obligation to backers is to finish all the work that was promised. Once a creator has done so, they’ve fulfilled their obligation to their backers. At the same time, backers must understand that Kickstarter is not a store. When you back a project, you’re helping to create something new — not ordering something that already exists. There’s a chance something could happen that prevents the creator from being able to finish the project as promised. If a creator is absolutely unable to complete the project and fulfill rewards, they must make every reasonable effort to find another way of bringing the project to a satisfying conclusion for their backers. For more information, see Section 4 of our Terms of Use.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I know him personally and I trust him a hell of a lot more than anyone here.

That just makes me think he hasn't screwed you over YET. But I don't know him personally, and I can only go by my own experiences and his reputation.

If the stories were one or two isolated incidents, perpetuated by loud internet mouths, that would be one thing. But the casting/customizing community is littered with people who can't say enough about the times this guy has done them wrong.

My personal experience cannot be described as anything but "typically negative". But that experience is merely contained at several instances of beyond-ridiculous delays, incorrectly filled orders, and unfulfilled promises to fix those mistakes.

I cannot say I was cheated. But his business practices (get money followed by half-ass attempt to fill in the way distant future), his demeanor towards customers (which is to say: always treating everyone like he's doing them a colossal favor and dressing them down when they dare to ask for an update), and his overall less-than-stellar reputation makes forking over money in advance to one of his endeavors with no recourse if he doesn't deliver an absolute deal-breaker.

To those of you who are giving this guy money, I hope he's changed his ways. If you get what you paid for in the specified time frame, I'll be beyond stunned.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Just to clarify, you don't get a refund of your money if you cancel your pledge prior to the campaign's ending date simply because your money hasn't been taken yet. Your card doesn't get charged until the campaign ends, and no transaction is done by you simply hitting the Pledge button.

Also, KS accepts *zero* responsibility to make a campaigner to follow through with their project. The KS company is simply an advertising and money-transfer operation and once they give the funds to the campaigner they do nothing more than continue to host the campaign page for the Comments section.

Lastly, my experience with and watching John's business practice is that he's well-intentioned but very disorganized. His focus is on making cool toys, not on the business functions of tracking orders and customer interaction. My understanding is that his duties in this endeavor play to his strengths and away from his weaknesses. Since manufacturing will be done in China at a full-scale factory and not in his garage with a couple buddies there really shouldn't be any issues with product delivery, imho. He's burned me on at least one issue, but I've no reservations contributing to this campaign.

shadowwarrior

Enlisted
Nov 9, 2013
Wales, UK
www.flickr.com
To be honest I was loving the idea of Cowboys in this scale and joins the Facebook group to keep updated.

Since then, all I have seen is egotistical, patronising and downright annoying posts from this Russel guy. Completely turned me off the line, lost at least one backer just from being insufferable on the Facebook group. Something about him just rubs me up the wrong way, can't put my finger on it.. like everyone owes him something..

Anyway Pic related, not my cup of tea

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Seems like people are dropping like flies from this over on HT. Seems like reputations and attitudes are the main cause.

shadowwarrior

Enlisted
Nov 9, 2013
Wales, UK
www.flickr.com
Lol another thing I saw on the Feb group that pissed me off was: someone said they couldn't pledge because they were unemployed and couldn't afford it - this guys response was: get a PayPal Credit card now to back the Kickstarter.

Seriously that's fucking low, yeah spend money you don't have so I can have my toy line.

imoutthanks.jpg

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Everyone's waiting for the unlockables before going "all in". His idea is if you just help get it across that point, others will then pledge and then you can back out. Everyone has this idea that if you go "all in" it's not valuable without it being unlocked, which is true, but it won't get unlocked without the pledges if everyone thinks that. He's said you can back out any time.

joesilver

PMC on demand!!!!!!
Jun 3, 2011
Portugal
I Post this on hisstank. I think people should know who they are supporting.
I'm Reading all your posts and i think many of you are afraid or hesitate in the revealing of the problem... the problem is Alyosha/ JE Russell from Brown Arrow toys. A guy that is known in the communitty as a long time scammer,with negative feedback and communication problems. Linking a guy like these to a kikcstarter its an epic mistake... letting him respond the backers and on facebook page only makes the mistake bigger

And sadly for us the figures and the concept is great!!!!

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I know exactly who he is and what he's like. It seems though, whenever a disparaging remark is made about him there it's either deleted or the member is banned.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
For telling the true? People should know who is the guy... Just Google alyosha or B roken Arrow toys and you will see the amount of troubles that guy is

It's just how they are there. Saying the mods should grow up is what earned me my banhammerabzeichen. :trollface:

joesilver

PMC on demand!!!!!!
Jun 3, 2011
Portugal
i would appreciate if someone warned me about the guy i´m dealing it. this guy has a ton of complaints and yet nobody points that out... i can´t understand... but thats why i rarely stop by hisstank lately (on a side note once i posted a custom of the Angel of Death Abu Azrael and they erase it due to "political reasons") :)

anyway i posted my opinion with the best intention :)

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I just went over there to look,and can't see a Scammer alert on the western thread in the toys section. Am I missing something? I don't know the guy,so I can't make or validate any such claims. He is posting using the name,south think if people where weary they'd point it out? Is there a link to these comments? I love me a train wreck:trollface:

joesilver

PMC on demand!!!!!!
Jun 3, 2011
Portugal
I just went over there to look,and can't see a Scammer alert on the western thread in the toys section. Am I missing something? I don't know the guy,so I can't make or validate any such claims. He is posting using the name,south think if people where weary they'd point it out? Is there a link to these comments? I love me a train wreck:trollface:

just google the words "Alyosha Broken Arrow toys" . and please retain the idea that hisstank delete most of the posts that goes against Alyosha.but you have every kind of examples

how someone explains his business on joe customs:

"A Thief!!

I wish i found these threads earlier. I put two small orders in with Broken Arrow, Paid by paypal, and weeks later received an email that my order was declined. I emailed them, saying i payed through Paypal not credit card and have received no response at all.

He asks you to wait up to 6 weeks 42 days for shipping, but after 45 days you can no longer dispute any paypal transaction. Great Scam!!

DO Not Order from Broken Arrow Toys, He is a THIEF!!"

even on hisstank one administrator state the following:

"All - As some of you may/may not know, any time a thread comes on on Broken Arrow, it gets shut down.

The trolls/haters love to claim it's because Broken Arrow either pays us, or is in bed with us...you know, typical jealous bullshit.

The fact of the matter is, we don't need the drama that stems from the issues that some have with Alyosha. As such, he's not allowed to sell/promote anything he does here and we in turn don't allow the drama to jump off.

Some tend to proclaim "OH NO! WONT THE COMMUNITY KNOW?!"...the community is well versed on this topic. As such, threads like this only serve to fuel a fire and stir the pot.

Aly can be found on facebook or through direct contact on his website. Please contact him directly with any questions and/or concerns.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation. "

you have many many examples of is MO... what bothers me is that people should know this !!!

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
:trollface:

This is why I don't have a casting store,lol! I totally refuse to take money too! I could so see myself being the topic of one of these posts. Contraband took forever to get my my shit! Contraband is a bitch,and I wanna smash his fuckin face!:trollface:

As an outsider you think,"it's so easy to just make whatever",and it kinda is,but the shit takes forever,and life happens when you don't want it to. Me? Live won't stop happening for almost the last two years! I think it was KT who said "only sell what you have made already on hand"? If it was or wasn't it's sound advice!! obviously no excuse for not giving refunds! that's why I try desperately to keep it a hobby!! when I do drag ass which lately has been on everything,I just give the person their stuff,and eat shipping,and eat the costs. Really can't bitch if I gave you the shit for free! I mean you can,but so? It's free! Took forever,but still a good deal!:trollface: