JOE CON FLORIDA 2011

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
You are right. I'm a d!ck for trying to charge tax. It's probably different by you than it is here so you should not be burdened by it.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
You are right. I'm a d!ck for trying to charge tax. It's probably different by you than it is here so you should not be burdened by it.

You're a dick for charging anything at all. Collecting is a charity. Really, my only reason for replying was to show off my new sig. Happy JokeOn 2011!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
For the most part, I hate all these brazil and PP sets. Just not my cup-o-tea. But I bought a Sparta last night simply because I assume she'll be a bitch to find later. Even if I wanted to make a similar custom, the DTC CG for the head alone would cost more than the Sparta con figure, so I figured what the hell.

xhairs

odd man out !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
zaranas are con exclusives kick them in the balls for me. hasbro is so stupid for doing that i mean come on we waited for how long to get her and they do this way to go hasblow.

Last edited:

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Should would most likely be a peg warmer if released at retail.

I'm pissed there wasting so many spots on crappy repaints and kit bashes for there 30 shitty figures in 30 line. Common give use some plague troopers something different besides the norm... for this "collectors line" of more stupid same figure BS.

*disclaimer* I fully support the techno-viper release and a couple other ones.... but only like 5-7 of them total.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Oops, guess i should have checked that out first. *whistles*

Well, boys kiss your scarletts good bye.

A.V.A.C.

Beezlebuberator
Mar 16, 2011
A laboratory trash bin.
Hey everyone, finally got a chance to check in. There's no internet in the f'n show room or toilet. :) I got some pics, does anyone wanna see 'em? There was a bad ass dio in there by Hasbro that's pretty awesome. I'll work on getting them together.

If there's something your itching to see, please let me know. I am also eating dinner with Larry Hama, any questions you want me to ask him? Thanks guys, i'll try to be more on the ball. James and i were all over the place, trying to get our booth, everything is smooth sailing from here on out.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
So Joe is a dead line?

Well, i guess that means i can start hoarding 20 dollar boxes of 7.62x54r.

A.V.A.C.

Beezlebuberator
Mar 16, 2011
A laboratory trash bin.
Here's the dio pics, pretty damn cool. I'll get more shots and better quality tomorrow!

Attachments

• dio3.jpg
    dio3.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 43
  • dio4.jpg
    dio4.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 44
  • dio5.jpg
    dio5.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 41
  • dio6.jpg
    dio6.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 43
  • dio1.jpg
    dio1.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 48
  • dio2.jpg
    dio2.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 46

A.V.A.C.

Beezlebuberator
Mar 16, 2011
A laboratory trash bin.
Here's some Hasbro stuff. I am going to have to adjust my camera to the light conditions, in the mean time....

Attachments

• ns1.jpg
    ns1.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 24
  • ns2.jpg
    ns2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 25
  • ns3.jpg
    ns3.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 28
  • ns4.jpg
    ns4.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 24
  • ns6.jpg
    ns6.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 20

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm really digging the Cobra pilot, but hell if i want to buy the VTOL to get it.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I'm okay with the new Joe box art. I like it better than POC, anyways. It's like a 2011 approach to 1982.

What is that new HISS Driver? He looks cobbled together, but is that a new head, or a CC or what?

xhairs

Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
Hey everyone, finally got a chance to check in. There's no internet in the f'n show room or toilet. :) I got some pics, does anyone wanna see 'em? There was a bad ass dio in there by Hasbro that's pretty awesome. I'll work on getting them together.

If there's something your itching to see, please let me know. I am also eating dinner with Larry Hama, any questions you want me to ask him? Thanks guys, i'll try to be more on the ball. James and i were all over the place, trying to get our booth, everything is smooth sailing from here on out.

ya there dio sets up rock i was at last yrs and it was awsome oh ask hasbro why for the love of god they did that to zarana !!!!!!!! and anything new they have coming pass the crap from last yr lol.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Maybe we'll see new stuff tomorrow? I'm thinking they've at least got to show us who is in the internet exclusive sets, assuming they're still coming.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
They don't use blood in their dioramas? Bunch of pussys. It looks like they are sleeping.

Starfighter

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Thanks for the dio pics AVAC. All I can say is very Awesome! Great use of the POC stuff in the Urban setting. Nice to see the Steel Brigade Troopers too. Looks very realistic and Hasbro did a great job on it.

A.V.A.C.

Beezlebuberator
Mar 16, 2011
A laboratory trash bin.
I've gotta few me pics. :) As i said, i went to dinner with Hama. I was in a convertable mustang with Larry f'n Hama. This is why i come to the con, cool shit like this happens, and you get to see Zarana in person. :eek:

Attachments

• lh1.jpg
    lh1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 19
  • lh2.jpg
    lh2.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 19
  • lh.jpg
    lh.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 28

xhairs

Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
I've gotta few me pics. :) As i said, i went to dinner with Hama. I was in a convertable mustang with Larry f'n Hama. This is why i come to the con, cool shit like this happens, and you get to see Zarana in person. :eek:

in the 3rd pic is my boy dave he needs a hair cut lol who was zarana anyway?

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
That's Screamers? She has a fairly impressive collection from the pictures I've seen. That's dedication to get to those cons and dress up like that. More than I could do.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
wish I had seen this before I left for wondercon they had a few there

Big Jim! Local Tanker!

I'm going tomorrow, if I find one for decent, I'll snag it. If not, I know Blood will come through, even though he's a calculating bastard of a scalper.

Yay! The cycle armor is still coming out! No use for Joe, but perfect for anime. :cool:

AVAC, find me a Wetsuit and I'll compensate you well.

I found a Wetsuit earlier for $30 on eBay. Not great, but not terrible. That's actually the only other figure besides Claymore from the Joe set that impressed me enough to bite (although the DT actually looks better than the single figure ), and all he is is a damn repaint. But it's a sweet figure.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I think some of the "lackluster" ones may show up in the coming weeks. I'm doubting that Claymore shows up often, and especially at a remotely "good" price (grr, still pissed about getting sniped at the very second I was doing a friggin' BIN... BUY IT NOW?! COME ON!) but I bet that all the Joes besides Claymore and Sparta will be showing up sporadically for less than $40.

I just think that a bunch of the guys are either deciding which ones to keep, or too busy to be hopping on eBay to dump unwanted loose figures because they're still at JoeCon, or to scalp items yet (for the d-bags asking 10x the price).

I'm offering up a boxed MISB "Best of 80's" set for a Claymore or a carded DT, if anyone reads this and feels squirrely.

Big Jim

Thread Derailer
Mar 15, 2011
Occupied PRK
Rex if memory serves me correctly the booth on the backside of the hall near the lunch tables had em for like $15, but I was walking around all day drinking jack and cokes. I love the fact they dont check anything there.