2014 East Coast Custom Con

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
I agree.. talk about it at the con and then set it up after the con, that way people can fund it for next year and people like D aren't using their money up front to make it.

Ya I'm all for this,
Set up a price ahead of time. (+ some for profit S&H, & build surprises)
Give people the option to order it per figure from X date to X date (include everything that it comes with or doesn't)
Only make the # of figures ordered.

There are a lot of great projects like this through out the community, it would be nice to see more of them come to flourishion.

THIS!!!

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Showed my kids pics of Medds buildings and they wanted to know if we could invite him over to play.

Can't wait for Custom Con

DarkWynter

Plastic Pimp
Mar 2, 2013
Anyone need a roommate for Friday and Saturday night? Looking to find someone to share a room with and cut down on costs.

Might be the only way for us to attend.......what is the late night shenanigan policy on said room? :eddieism:

Edit: :shifty: and what is the possibility of carpooling in?

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Might be the only way for us to attend.......what is the late night shenanigan policy on said room? :eddieism:

Edit: :shifty: and what is the possibility of carpooling in?

I'm not a late night shenaniganer; I go to bed early. :grumpy:

My route up there takes me nowhere near you, but we can probably work something out.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
KIA

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Wow that sucks Daremo.

And sorry Fogger...my daughter saw the pics of Medds buildings and now she wants to come play (or have medd play at our house).

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Looks like I waited too long to get my room, and I can't stay at the site hotel. There's another Radisson a little under a mile away that I'll be staying at...unless there are any other local suggestions?

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
UPDATE:

There will be no exclusive SOAR figure. I've already exhausted all my funds, patience, and time trying to get it to work out. There is no room for error with casting moving parts with resin. Every joint that I've done for this figure has failed at one point or another. I'm sorry but I'm done working on this project.

Forget it, I'm not going now. Everyone knows the only reason to go to conventions is to buy the exclusive figures for scalping.

Unless there will still be Twizzlers. Will there be Twizzlers? I'll still come out if there's Twizzlers.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Crap I didn't think custom con would sell out all the hotel rooms...this year will be twice as big as last year!!!!

Now I gotta find another hotel.

Obi - any suggestions?

Got two nights at the Clarion New Cumberland for 199.99

Wife and kids need a pool if I'm playing with GI Joes all weekend.

Last edited:

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
I found this place a few miles away... $38 a night?? I'm not sure if they will give you a bed or not but...

Hotels.com - Hotel rooms with reviews. Discounts and Deals on 85,000 hotels worldwide[0]=0&previousDateful=false&reviewOrder=date_newest_first&dd=10/12/14&so=PRICE&rl=CITY:1470068:UNKNOWN:UNKNOWN&roomno=1&did=1470068&rooms[0].numberOfAdults=2&tab=description&dn=Camp+Hill,+Pennsylvania,+United+States+of+America&hotelId=125703&cd=10/09/14

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Yeah the Hampton Inn looks like it's $118 a night. I might do that. Still waiting on some cash to come in, if it does I'll book a room somewhere so you can have extra space at your place. If I don't get that cash, I'll be crashing on your couch. lol

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
Daremo should cast some twizzlers and put them on some vintage Joe cards for the exclusive, lol.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I'll be there Friday Morn to set up the dio, Will have to come home to be at work by 3pm. Sunday for sure, still working on work coverage for Sat. not looking good for that day so far.

A few more teaser pics.

The far backside (not shown) are facades too. Have to dig out more shingles and trim them down too. I'll paint the street markings on them.

Mojo has a piece that will be added as well. It's going to be one huge dio!

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I'm working on a park with some Digler-esque trees and a fountain.

I am going to make a stone fence for back and sides and do a stone with wrought iron fence on the front.

Medd - how wide are your sidewalks?

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Well... I hope everyone is OK with close quarters. I ended up getting screwed out of 1 side of the 2 rooms we had last year. So half the space, with more people! Yaaaaay!!!

It's all good though. We'll have room for what we need, and it'll be a bit more personable.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I doubt we'll need that much room. I know DW won't have all of the dio stuff - if he does show up he'll likely be riding with me, and I don't have room for all of that. :pirate:

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Did that last year already lol.

Half should be more then enough room, even with more people. I mean, we were so spread out last year it was like screaming across the Grand Canyon to get DW or Pluv to hear anything we said.

I'm going to try and get there as early as possible to get a good spot now LOL! What time is setup on Thursday? My hotel won't let me check in till 3pm but that's OK because I'm not leaving here much before noon, it's a 4 hour drive and I'll be making a pit stop at SmoothOn HQ to do some shopping so I probably won't be there till 5pm or later.