2014 East Coast Custom Con

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Depends on whether or not I have to swing over and get DW. :trollface:

Friday morning is mostly to save me a night's worth of hotel stay.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Pretty sure I'll be coming in on Friday morning, but that may change.

So what time is breakfast?

I'm headed up Friday morning as well.

Bummer on the room though. With more than one kid running around this year we may wish we had it.

Speaking of kids - does anyone have old O-ring parts like last year? Thought I'd pick up some cheap paints and let the kids make their own figures. I've got some extras but not a lot.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I'll be there Friday morning as well, probably close to 10. Eight-ish hours of drive will depend on what I hit in Jersey in the AM.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
So what time is breakfast?

I'm headed up Friday morning as well.

Bummer on the room though. With more than one kid running around this year we may wish we had it.

Speaking of kids - does anyone have old O-ring parts like last year? Thought I'd pick up some cheap paints and let the kids make their own figures. I've got some extras but not a lot.

let me dig around, whatever I find I will bring. Doubt I have many, but should have some.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Dio is pretty much done. I will probably tinker and add little details to each piece until the con. Until than, a random pic.

My old KLD Building has now become the official Fighting 118th VFW.

Last edited:

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Booked my hotel room (finally). DW is still trying to work it so he can go, and will hopefully know in the next few days. He'll likely be riding with me if he does go.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Yeah I didn't want to too cheap... lol. Not saying that won't be a nice place to stay, just that I didn't want to end up in some flea bag joint. I'm about 1/2 hour away at the Hampton Inn. There was a place for like $38 a night on Hotels.com but I said no, thanks... lol

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
This place got decent reviews/ratings - there was one place that was slightly less expensive that got lots of bad reviews for being dirty, so I didn't go there.

Ultimately, though, it's just going to be a place for me to sleep, so I didn't need much.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Yeah I hear ya. But I remember several years ago, we stopped at a place in Georgia (?) maybe on our way home from Florida. We got a room and went out to grab a bite to eat. Came back and it was horrid.... we decided we didn't even want to sleep there, not even for a few hours LOL. Ended up just leaving. I don't want to end up in a place like that...

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I tried to talk Vortious into coming since he's in Maryland. someone else needs to ping him and try to get him to come up.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Shit breaks at 1000, 1400, and 1800.

Drool over Medd's city - 24 hours a day for three days

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
I'm guessing something along these lines. There will be customizing and trading throughout the event as well as the usual antics (twizzlers, word, you cant find me, etc.).

Thursday Night
- Set up

Friday
- Custom "build a modern soldier" Workshop
- Custom "build battle terrain" Workshop
- Molding & Casting demo part 1

Saturday
- Modern Warfare Survival Game
- Custom Figure Contest
- Firefight Dio
- Molding & Casting demo part 2

Sunday
-Whatever else

Ronin

The Unwashed
Aug 3, 2013
New Jersey
I took off Friday and am driving in from Jersey. Only plan to stay 1 day but am looking to make the most of it.

Anyone know of any good lunch\dinner spots in the area? Thanks.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
I took off Friday and am driving in from Jersey. Only plan to stay 1 day but am looking to make the most of it.

Anyone know of any good lunch\dinner spots in the area? Thanks.

Several places within 2-3 mins - right down the road, on the river.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Pretty much. We like to keep things a little more loose, so exact times aren't set in stone.

I'm guessing something along these lines. There will be customizing and trading throughout the event as well as the usual antics (twizzlers, word, you cant find me, etc.).

Thursday Night
- Set up

Friday
- Custom "build a modern soldier" Workshop
- Custom "build battle terrain" Workshop
- Molding & Casting demo part 1

Saturday
- Modern Warfare Survival Game
- Custom Figure Contest
- Firefight Dio
- Molding & Casting demo part 2

Sunday
-Whatever else

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I just can't decide the item to cast. I have a couple of questions for Daremo though.

Is a set of hands cool? Thinking maybe the PotC zombie hands.

Can the item be a belt needing softer resin? I was thinking maybe the removable police belt from True Heroes. Love that belt, has the handcuffs, holster, radio, and spot for nightstick.

One on top left (picture is mirrored, everything is actually opposite)

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I'm having the same issue Medd...plus I have that casting set I won last year to bring...

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
I just can't decide the item to cast. I have a couple of questions for Daremo though.

Is a set of hands cool? Thinking maybe the PotC zombie hands.

Can the item be a belt needing softer resin? I was thinking maybe the removable police belt from True Heroes. Love that belt, has the handcuffs, holster, radio, and spot for nightstick.

One on top left (picture is mirrored, everything is actually opposite)

We'll fit as much as we can into the molds so bringing more is a good idea (smaller parts will work better for this demo). Hands will work too. We can do a belt but we aren't going to be using soft plastic when we cast. You can always use hot water to heat it up to fit it to your fig though.

I'm having the same issue Medd...plus I have that casting set I won last year to bring...

I'm bringing enough mold material to fill a 34 oz and a 17 oz container. Your kit will be enough to fill about a 20-25 oz container. That will be plenty of room to try different parts.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I'm bringing enough mold material to fill a 34 oz and a 17 oz container. Your kit will be enough to fill about a 20-25 oz container. That will be plenty of room to try different parts.

I'm hoping to bring my own mold material (thanks, SWG!) so that I can make a mold while we're there as well, since we're going to have experts on hand.