2014 East Coast Custom Con

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Just so you know, it's been moved from the conference center to the main hotel.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Just want to say thanks to everyone for today. I had a blast, my kids had fun, My wife enjoyed herself and enjoyed talking with Mojo's wife and I came home with a huge pile of loot.

My big toy highlight was getting a custom Zombie from Obi and the SRO pack with Grunt from Mojo!!

Fogger always has stuff I want as well and he did not disappoint. Resolute Troopers, Zombie Viper (made my buddies day, he a zombie guy like me), fodder, and Scarlett for the win! Thank you!

Thanks to SWG and Daremo for all the casts.

Thanks to Mojo for Grunt, Prof Xavier and all the fodder!

Thanks to Dre for the parts he gave me.

And a huge thanks to Obi for hosting it and setting the details together!!

Topside

Disgruntled Goat
Aug 6, 2012
NYS- Finger Lakes
Bummed that I didn't see you today, man - we should have talked more. These things are always over sooner than I expect.

Yeah, I had the best intentions of coming back today but the day got away from me. I would've liked to talk some more with you too and everybody else. Didn't get a chance to meet Medd. Next year can't get here soon enough.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
The game plans kinda went south because of the space limitations...ability to have helicopters, etc.

And I hope we won't wait a year as we already kicked around the idea to do one in the spring.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Huge, huge, huge thanks to everyone who made it out to the con!!!!!!!!!! We had so many memorable moments and I can guarantee we all learned a thing or two even with the few setbacks thrown at us. The dio table looked so awesome (the first day was epic) and the kids did a fantastic job utilizing it (better than any of the adults :) ). I hope there's lots of photos of Medd's buildings and Mojo's park. You could spend hours looking at the details plus those trees were on a whole other level. Jackson kept everyone entertained yet again. Fogg's surplus military equipment lot was quite the sight. He had everything covered (and then some) except for the navy. I think Dre was conducting special operations. He brought in backup with Greg and every time I looked up from my table they were coming into the room. I never saw them leave, weird. Topside wasted no time getting start on a custom and helping all the kids out with theirs (munchables + paint = mystery). Gungho-joe brought Duke, Dress Blues Gung-Ho, and his brother-in-law. They really livened up the con. We were all hoping for a Brick moment with the grenade at the wedding reception. Ronin stopped by the first day, looking forward to seeing his photos and maybe some working shots of his 47 Ronin.

I got to chat with everybody at one point or another even though it still didn't seem like it was enough. It was also great to have double the attendance of last year. We'll need to work better at promoting it and making sure there won't be a pilgrimage halfway through. Although maybe it was intentional to force us to interact with each other. Hopefully they'll get that exclusive figure thing worked out...

Tunafish, Shellfish, Coral...I'm going to start working on some new material for the next one. SWG and I were the co-captains of the comedy brigade this year (we were our own audience most of the time too). If there's one thing the con will be known for, it's the fun. Joking around, exchanging tips and techniques, and overall camaraderie are constant themes. Sometimes we customize too.

I can't leave out the captain. Big props to Obi for getting this organized once again. None of this would have happened without his driving force. We can't wait to see your AAF juggernaut at the next one.

I agree with SWG. A year is too long of a wait. I'm ready to do this this again next weekend. All we really need is a suite and we'll be fine. :lmao: I seriously wish I lived closer.

Greg

Enlisted
Apr 23, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I had a great time this weekend. It was awesome meeting and chatting with all you fine people. Putting together my first "real" custom wasn't so bad either.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Bunch of photos to process, but here's one straight from the camera.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I had a great time this weekend. It was awesome meeting and chatting with all you fine people. Putting together my first "real" custom wasn't so bad either.

Pics or it didn't happen.

I had a blast, much like last year. Getting to meet everyone again, and the new people, is always the best part. Though the conference room is great, I didn't mind the room we ended up in.

To answer Daremo's query...Greg and I were coming and going on toy runs usually. Toys R Us, Dollar General, Five Below. We hit them all on that side of the river...and cleared out what we could.

I don't think I've had that much McDonald's in a while now.

Can't wait for next year.

Gungho-joe

Enlisted
Apr 1, 2011
Ohio
count us in for next year!!!! My boys havent stoped taking about how much they had. They went to school today and was explaining what doing a custom figure means. We all had a great time. It felt more like a family get together. Next year cant come soon enough!!!! Thanks to everyone!!!!

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Anyone get an extra convention figure they wanna trade or sell me? I'd really like to have one..

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
I don't see what's funny about that question. I'd have shown up in person of it wasn't 1,000 miles away,and it wasn't cold up there already...have one in July,and see what happens:D

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's funny as it shows you haven't been keeping up with the project. It didn't happen. That's not to say it's not going to, however.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
Yeah,I lapsed in it..I asked about it when they where announced,and forgot to check back. I really like the kits I've been getting lately over the store bought figures. That thing is sweet,and I hope they get made,I'd love to own one.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I hope at the very least a head and torso/vest set happens.