2015 Joe line

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I thought the blue camo ones were supposed to be extensions of the movie line. It looks like a more vivid shade though.
They made that two pack with cock master so that then when the rest are sold out you can go to your local store and at least see that the wave had been there.

The ROC blue jammies were abandoned right after that turd of a film line flopped. The blue is nowhere near the same, and really there's no justifying the use of that blue or yet another Bazooka or Dusty. If they were dying to do repaint/kitbashes, they could've given us a decent Roadblock or the concept case Barbecue. Instead, we got those teal monstrosities. The legs on Bazooka are simply unforgivable. They should've never been cast in the first place, let alone reused in a collector-geared line. I refuse to pick up the Steeler set for that very reason.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Those v.1 RockBlock legs are terrible.

Totally. And the uppers aren't particularly salvageable either due to the shitty knee construction of the static lowers.

They've continued to reuse the shit out of the V2 torso and arms, but I keep waiting on them to utilize the V1 or V1.5 modded torso for SOMETHING useful or wanted. But nope. Revised Copperhead? Roadblock? Hell, I'd settle for a V2 ARAH Roadblock with the white t-shirt and green vest over them wasting it on unnecessary crap like weird Bluzooka.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
MR, you'd be better off getting to the "just don't give a crap" point where most of the rest of us are. When Hasbro makes garbage, we shrug and move on. Much less stressful over here in "we expected it" land. :D

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I'd be less mad if he had the same suave mustache he had in the cartoon. I could at least have used that head sculpt for something else, but no

GOLD5

The Unwashed
Aug 10, 2015
The ROC blue jammies were abandoned right after that turd of a film line flopped. The blue is nowhere near the same, and really there's no justifying the use of that blue or yet another Bazooka or Dusty. If they were dying to do repaint/kitbashes, they could've given us a decent Roadblock or the concept case Barbecue. Instead, we got those teal monstrosities. The legs on Bazooka are simply unforgivable. They should've never been cast in the first place, let alone reused in a collector-geared line. I refuse to pick up the Steeler set for that very reason.

I thought we were being treated to a third installment?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I thought we were being treated to a third installment?

At some point, perhaps. They don't seem to have much faith in it right now, or else we'd have heard something more concrete out of it.

I enjoyed the second one much more (hated the first one for the most part, save for the overall Cobra plot that got Zartan into the White House...) but it was still a very weak film.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
They both "sucked the sweat off a dead man's balls". My only interest in a third is that it might bring us some more usable figures.

I'd feel the same way, but Retaliation only gets points for actually looking like it maybe kind of sorta could be a G.I. Joe movie. In reality, it's more like a really boring Expendables movie though. Can we get action figures of those movies instead?

They just need to reboot that shit.

I'd be all aboard for that, until the screw it up yet again (which they will).

GOLD5

The Unwashed
Aug 10, 2015
At some point, perhaps. They don't seem to have much faith in it right now, or else we'd have heard something more concrete out of it.

I enjoyed the second one much more (hated the first one for the most part, save for the overall Cobra plot that got Zartan into the White House...) but it was still a very weak film.

The way the movie industry works is that if a film makes back its cost to produce in domestic gross over the opening weekend its considered a success. GI Joe 3 was greenlit the weekend after the second one debuted.

G.I. JOE 3 Greenlit by Paramount; Producer Lorenzo Di Bonaventura Talks His Ideas for Sequel | Collider

Only people who dont know Joe from a foxhole liked it, the general moviegoing public just there for the latest blockbuster on date night. I felt that the Battleship movie was much closer to the spirit of GI Joe. The reason the first movie sucked is because they decided to go ahead and start up a film franchise right in the middle of a screenwriters guild strike. The strike was mainly over the fact that reality shows are scripted pablum and that in order to hide that fact the writers werent being credited on shows. No credit in the titles means less or no union representation. The script used for the first film was actually a rejected script from a different movie pitch. They just changed the names of the characters and they couldnt get writers guild writers to help with re-writes. The director, that guy who did The Mummy films somehow didnt hear of or know about Joe as a kid, not sure how thats possible, but oh well. He re-wrote the reject script. Thats why the BaroNESS (as they pronounced it, to avoid lawsuits,) was sleeping with Storm Shadow, Cobra Commander, Destro AND Duke. All but three of the actors refused to come back for part two because of the critically cold reception and poor merch sales pronounced it a failure even though it made its cost back in box office receipts. Thats why they all died offscreen in the start of part 2.

I hated how they said BaroNESS. In the 1970s lawsuit Mego vs Lego the judge rules that pronounciation did not matter. Mego tried to argue that it was pronounced me-go instead of may-go and therefore didnt rhyme with Lego.

Bruce Willis calling Lady Jaye Brenda makes no sense and isnt funny. It only would be funny if it had some origin or meaning. I think she was supposed to be Coltons daughter and that subplot was cut out.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Anyone have Gung Ho and the Bbi USMC M60 machine gunner and can get me a shot of the MGers belt on GH?

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
The line was available on TRU.com very briefly. Shipwreck and Storm Shadow are still in stock. But all the other figure packs are sold out including even the MASS device set. Toys R Us also jacked up the price of the 2 packs after they sold out the first time.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Looks like TRU is going to need a restock fast.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Guy on facebook is selling new 50th figs for 13.00 each plus shipping and guys are buying them up. WTH people.

JMM82

Enlisted
Jul 15, 2011
St. Louis, Mo.
Bought a 50th Gung Ho figure off of ebay and got it in the mail yesterday. I hate the turquoise blue uniform, so I painted it OD green today; much better, IMHO. I had a difficult time attempting to remove the tactical vest so I had to leave it on and paint around his arms, torso, etc. That sucked.

I realize that Hasbro is paying homage to his old ARAH 1980s look with the turquoise blue, but it sure would've made this figure really stand out with "real world" camo colors of today.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I like to tell myself the color was Hasbro's poorly thought-out attempt at recreating OG-107s and the Tropical Combat Uniforms tendency to fade/bleach. Naturally it didn't work, so I'll do it myself. Granted I find GH before I completely lose interest in the scale.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I really wish they'd toned down the saturation on both his skin tone and the damned uniform. Both are way too bright. The 25th Gung-Ho had almost a ghostly skin tone, but I'd venture to say that it was likely better than the colors we got on the 50th version.

The Concept Case paint apps/coloration were spectacular. Other than the tattoo being too large on that figure as well (the CC version) it was pretty much perfect. The 50th figure, as much as I was dying for it, is simply way too damned bright.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Eh, they'll re-release him in bright blue and red, then you can have the chance to be disappointed again.