2015 Joe line

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I'm still stoked for that Gung-Ho, even though they fucked him all up. I can repaint the eyes if need be. It's that damn tattoo that's impossible, and I think I'm definitely going to use the torso and upper arms on my Mindbender custom now.

Why we couldn't get a fucking decent classic Roadblock kitbash using the Retaliation 3-pack body with at least the Resolute head on it and a classic Duke is beyond me... For fuck's sake, I actually would buy that Crocmaster and Blowtorch, but not sure why we got them in POC and then Blowtorch AGAIN in the 50th, and yet AGAIN this year. This deco on BT actually looks decent and at least the Crocmaster is different, but it's like 5 years too late and annoying that they released both figures so frequently when NOBODY was clamoring for either. Even though I'm one of the few who will buy them, I'm not really excited to get them and would happily have traded them and half the 2015 figures for just a few more "ultimate" repaints of more deserving characters.

Almost all of those vehicle drivers look like total ass and are total head-scratchers. Why on earth they're using those brick Retaliation Rockblock legs on TWO figures blows my mind. The Steeler's halfway decent otherwise. Check them out here:

A new batch of eBay auctions sheds some light on upcoming G.I. Joe product | Generals Joes – A blog about the importance (or unimportance) of little plastic men

GiJoe4157

Enlisted
Aug 5, 2013
I'm still stoked for that Gung-Ho, even though they fucked him all up. I can repaint the eyes if need be. It's that damn tattoo that's impossible, and I think I'm definitely going to use the torso and upper arms on my Mindbender custom now.

Why we couldn't get a fucking decent classic Roadblock kitbash using the Retaliation 3-pack body with at least the Resolute head on it and a classic Duke is beyond me... For fuck's sake, I actually would buy that Crocmaster and Blowtorch, but not sure why we got them in POC and then Blowtorch AGAIN in the 50th, and yet AGAIN this year. This deco on BT actually looks decent and at least the Crocmaster is different, but it's like 5 years too late and annoying that they released both figures so frequently when NOBODY was clamoring for either. Even though I'm one of the few who will buy them, I'm not really excited to get them and would happily have traded them and half the 2015 figures for just a few more "ultimate" repaints of more deserving characters.

Almost all of those vehicle drivers look like total ass and are total head-scratchers. Why on earth they're using those brick Retaliation Rockblock legs on TWO figures blows my mind. The Steeler's halfway decent otherwise. Check them out here:

A new batch of eBay auctions sheds some light on upcoming G.I. Joe product | Generals Joes – A blog about the importance (or unimportance) of little plastic men

I feel your sentiments! Where the hell is classic old school Roadblock? Hasbro has the body molds to make this figure happen! I like to see a new sculpted head for Roadblock though! Where the hell is updated classic 50th Anniversary Duke and Scarlett? -Hasbro has most if not all the body molds already to make these figures happen! Blowtorch and Crock Master (..somebody called him Cock Master; that is some funny shit) are fillers especially since Hasbro already released Blowtorch already within the 50th Anniversary line! I'm happy to be getting that Gung-Ho and some other figures finally within the upcoming 50th Anniversary line! Put out figures that people want Hasbro! Can we get some new damn vehicles along with re-released vehicles that haven't been re-released and repainted fifty million times already? You can do better Hasbro! WTF!!!!

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Roadblock should have been a no-brainer given the parts now available. Eh, I care less about these more every day.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If Bbi would re-release their original FAV we'd have no need for the YAWNStriker. Well, ya'll wouldn't, I already have MUTTs.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Meh, I just want the Gung-Ho and Alpine figures.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
When I first started buying from BBTS they weren't so scalperish when it came prices...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
When I first started buying from BBTS they weren't so scalperish when it came prices...

What was TRU listing them at? $13? Fucking $25 is ridiculous for 2 figures, and that's getting them in a 6-pack wave set. I honestly think they're more expensive as a set than as single packs because they're only $19.99 for some of them? What jackass thought that was smart?

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Just wait until they end up being the only outlet for the Boss Fight figures.

Topside

Disgruntled Goat
Aug 6, 2012
NYS- Finger Lakes
I don't think it will be at all. This is the 3rd time Steel Brigade has been released. And why would anyone ever need more than a handful of them?

That's a bunch of crazy talk right there. SBs are 100 times better as an army builder than the Ret. Trooper or Ult. Duke.

Still say they should've paired them with the Shockies instead of the IG though.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Fuck those Club figures. That's one thing where I'll draw the line. The BATs are kinda cool, but not at those prices for kitbashes with no new parts.

I just got my 50th 2-pack case in from EE. The real gem from the set is Gung-Ho, but I hate the coloration on him and that damn tat being so gigantic and all up on his neck. They ruined an excellent sculpt with oversaturated colors and bad paint apps.

Shipwreck and Spirit are also decent kitbashes, and nice updates to old designs. The Storm Shadow is alright, nothing I was too interested in from the start.

Anyone want my Shadow Guard figure, or either of my 2 SB/IG sets (or both?) I also have 2 of those goddamn black/red CCs, if anyone wants those either. :whatever:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Cool, we'll figure it out. Someone said the 2-pack IGs have slightly different colors than the POC/30th ones. I think the gray darker camo is slightly bluer? Otherwise I'm happy to split them up if you guys wanna do that.

All I'm asking is retail cost plus shipping on them, whatever that comes out to. PM me once you two figure it out on your own if you're cool with splitting the sets?

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I sent him a PM. As soon as I hear back i'll let you know. I'm a definite for those two though.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Fuck those Club figures. That's one thing where I'll draw the line. The BATs are kinda cool, but not at those prices for kitbashes with no new parts.

Yeah, I like those BATs too. But the Club or Hasbro can get bent at those prices. I'd be hard pressed at $20...so $80? :lmao:

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I saw the bombstrike at 38.00 and then I realized I didn't have a membership anymore...so who has the head cast already? Besides Contraband because his stuff is MIA.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Picked up the gung Ho pack. He's alright but his hands are too soft to hold anything. Got the SS pack as well but I think I much more prefer my custom SS V2

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Yeah, I don't know if it's a drastic difference in quality or if it's because the only other toys I have out to compare are the Marauder figs, but he's having a hard time holding large handles and the Hasbro SCAR.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It wouldn't surprise me that the plastic Hasbro used is really soft. Hopefully he can handle a 21st Century M79. Damn, Hasbro, get your shit together.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Picked up the gung Ho pack. He's alright but his hands are too soft to hold anything. Got the SS pack as well but I think I much more prefer my custom SS V2

His head sits WAY too high on the damn neck post. I don't particularly feel like dealing with resetting it, but I guess I'll have to.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
It wouldn't surprise me that the plastic Hasbro used is really soft. Hopefully he can handle a 21st Century M79. Damn, Hasbro, get your shit together.

Here's the kicker, the vest is too hard and will tear if your try to take it off with the heat method.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
His head sits WAY too high on the damn neck post. I don't particularly feel like dealing with resetting it, but I guess I'll have to.

It just looks weird. I don't think it would be as noticable if they didn't add the stupid worthless grey paint app to the collar area.

Skin is that brittle shiny paint shit and now Spirit is in all blackface.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Here's the kicker, the vest is too hard and will tear if your try to take it off with the heat method.

I read that in a custom thread using GH. I didn't know that was with using heat, however. Shit, that vest has to come off for repainting.

Where is it prone to tearing? I assume the arm holes?

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I read that in a custom thread using GH. I didn't know that was with using heat, however. Shit, that vest has to come off for repainting.

Where is it prone to tearing? I assume the arm holes?

It tore at the collar of all places. I had to cut the arm off at the shoulder which was difficult because these shoulders have very little space where the joints are exposed.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I like it because for my customizing purposes, there really isn't too much for me anyways. So I feel I only need one for my collection. What I'm seeing with the Joe brand is it going to a more cartoonish look in it's newer sculpts and it's making me a little disgruntled. Next up is that terrible Chuckles head that the lead sculptor was so proud of and thinks is super close to the IDW Chuckles design.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Is there enough give, or even room, to glue the flak vest closed? Not sure what look I want to go for yet.

We finally get a vintage flak vest on a damn Joe and Hasbro makes the thing nigh impossible to remove without damaging is what has me climbing the clock tower.

GiJoe4157

Enlisted
Aug 5, 2013
I like it because for my customizing purposes, there really isn't too much for me anyways. So I feel I only need one for my collection. What I'm seeing with the Joe brand is it going to a more cartoonish look in it's newer sculpts and it's making me a little disgruntled. Next up is that terrible Chuckles head that the lead sculptor was so proud of and thinks is super close to the IDW Chuckles design.

I do not like that new Chuckles head!