9SFG(A) - Combat Patrol

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
So I finally decided I'd try my hand at a Dio...

It's no Rick or RED diorama, and I'm too tired to even make a story out of it and move them around. But here you go.. have to start somewhere.

Combat Controllers "Pathfinder" and "Dropzone" track enemy movements

Making plans on moving up the valley

Combat Medic on guard

GySgt "Leatherneck" trains the .50 cal on the enemy

Manning the M249 on the rear

Reactions: raider33

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
now this is how you display your customs...they look so so good...what you lack in a big backdrop/dio setting, you make up for with your beautiful custom work...

Dukes face in pic two, looks so real...its crazy

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Damn! This is an excellent display of your recent work! The weathering on the building is the icing on the cake. You have really turned out some good work lately and now dioramas?

There are just so many little details you added that give this a sense of realism. Like Eddie said, the Taintum in the window looks real. It's time to get those soldiers in a firefight.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Dude, that is bad-ass!!!

Nice, nice work!!!!

Wish I could detail them like you guys do!!!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Thanks :) I don't have the hate for the Tatum face, lol but that shot did come out nice.. I was kind of rushing since it was getting late.

I need to work on lighting and getting the right settings on my camera.. I had it dialed in for static shots on a black background.. ahhhh.

As usual.. I wish it was bigger (story of my life), I just don't have the room to store all this crap in my room! I don't think I can even fit the Type-98 tank on here at the moment.. I'm going to see what I can do to vary it up tonight.. but we'll see..

Maybe someday I can graduate to Rick level stuff :)

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Don't worry, I have enough hate for the Taintum face that none of you would ever need to. :D

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Dude you're doing just fine. Excellent stuff, especially for a first!!

Looking forward to a story, but hey a bunch of tight one offs is just fine. If you live in Cali then you need to get these guys outdoors. Get a Joebag and take a hike in the Angeles Crest. Kill two birds with one stone: great outdoor dios and exercise. Plus get a lay of the land for when the shit hits the fan.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
there is nothing, from my point of view, thats wrong with yer pics...they are some top notch shots...only thing you have missing is a bigger scale, but thats not a must...you nailed it everywhere else IMO...the lighting looks good, the focus is good, figures/vehicle/backdrop are AWESOME!

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Awesome job, good sir!!

Combat Controllers "Pathfinder" and "Dropzone" track enemy movements

I can just hear this conversation....

"hey!"

"yeah."

"See that guy over there!"

"yeaahh"

"Fuck him!"

• Haha
Reactions: NSA

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Haha I'm gonna use that one SR! That's awesome!

I want to make bigger! And maybe outside.. We'll see.. Maybe some beach sand lol.

Like anything else.. Learn by experience. I thought I couldn't paint figures or vehicles ;)

RED

MY M-1 DOES MY TALKIN'
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
South of Atlanta---North of Macon
there is nothing, from my point of view, thats wrong with yer pics...they are some top notch shots...only thing you have missing is a bigger scale, but thats not a must...you nailed it everywhere else IMO...the lighting looks good, the focus is good, figures/vehicle/backdrop are AWESOME!

I agree 100% with this brother!!! When I 1st saw it I thought it was 1 of Ricks!!!;) Thats really a KICK-ASS start to doing dios brother!!! Now go outside and get some pics!!!;)---RED---