AngelForge updates

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I don't believe there's a plan for that (right now, anyway; I will push for it later).

Legs wouldn't really be necessary, as Robo usually wears pants, so stock legs would work.

The arms, on the other hand, kind of need to be done.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Holy crap, I just saw the Gremlin sculpts, my head just about exploded...again!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I don't even have a use for the fucking thing, but I still want it.

Too bad his Wild Weasel torso is.......not good.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It just doesn't say "fighter pilot" to me. It says "lets base it on the ARAH one".

Which, ya know, is fine if that's what you're tying to do, which I believe it was.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
It just doesn't say "fighter pilot" to me. It says "lets base it on the ARAH one".

Which, ya know, is fine if that's what you're tying to do, which I believe it was.

Ah, well yeah. That one is definitely Krexx making a fairly faithful 'better-that-the-25th-version' interpretation of a classic Wild Weasel. It's not gonna be everyone's cup of tea for sure. I think I'm gonna do two WW's and pick one. A classic one with Krexx's sculpts, and something more modern utilizing most of the Retaliation Airborne/Data Viper torso/arms/legs with that canceled ROC Firefly Helmet(The one originally for Gunship FF).

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm thinking arms and torso from Ret. Airborne and the vest from Lift Ticket (Eaglehawk edition). Scratch that, Shock Trooper uppers with Mouse's rolled-up sleeves could make for a great "Maverick" look.

The problem is the legs. The ones from Ret. Airborne are more-or-less accurate for a U2 pilot pressure suit, and while I can probably live with the lower legs I'm not a fan of the thighs.

Building a pilot (especially a helo pilot) can be a real bitch.

Last edited:

Mswi

Teabagging Ninja
Feb 16, 2012
When it comes to the Joe stuff Krexx designs for AngelForge its ALWAYS going to be ARAH accurate since I pick which ones he does and its my money going into it. Hey I'm an ARAH Fag,and thats what I likes. The M.U.T.s will just have to wait.:)

Last edited:

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
well for our MUT brethren. if you guys want a modern looking pilot torso grab me some reference pics and I'll add it as one of my allotted slots in Jan or Feb

I'm down for both the classic and a modern Wild Weasel, so I'll be looking for a good flight suit picture.

Mswi

Teabagging Ninja
Feb 16, 2012
Rather a Vietnam era helicopter crew flak vest. You other guys can go sit on it. :trollface:

http://www.vietnamgear.com/kit.aspx?kit=310

can't make everybody happy!:rainbow:

only giving up one spot, so...... you guys tell me and give me some reference pics of what you want. I'll pick my top 3 or 5 then you guys can pyjama pillow fight over the winner or vote for the one I'll add in one of my spots.

No fucking crying if yours isn't the picked one either:drum:

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
DO WANT THAT BASCINET!

Posted a comment to Krexx on HT... yeah, I know:rainbow:... about that helmet. Hopefully he fixes it. If not, I can make my own.

His Bascinet has more of a Klappvisor styled top/point. Should be more swept towards the top/back of the head, to work with that visor.