Anybody still collecting SW on here?

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Stupid black boxes are getting expensive.

Homer

Μολών λαβέ
Sep 2, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
Very nice purchases. I wish I had the extra cheese to let my completist side take over for the vintage line. Only black box vehicle I made sure to get was the At-At.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Very nice purchases. I wish I had the extra cheese to let my completist side take over for the vintage line. Only black box vehicle I made sure to get was the At-At.

I am lucky because I never collected SW before and nothing but half priced BMF's and Walkers have been out since I started.

garrison99

Star Wars Freak
Founder
Jul 23, 2011
A Galaxy Far Far Away
Anyone seen the Target black-box landspeeder and tauntaun yet?

They are MIA right now even though they were supposed to be released last month. Hasbro has so screwed up the past year of SW collecting.

pcsguy I am so proud of you. How do you like the y-wing? I freakin' love it!!!!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
ok cool. While I'm irritated hasbro can't get stuff out when they say, I'm at least glad that I didn't completely miss them. Rarely do I see that stuff more than once. Poof! It's there, and when I go back two weeks later, it's nowhere to be found and never seen again. I've been extra busy and hadn't had time to hunt on a regular basis, and I feared I had just failed to catch them.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
ok cool. While I'm irritated hasbro can't get stuff out when they say, I'm at least glad that I didn't completely miss them. Rarely do I see that stuff more than once. Poof! It's there, and when I go back two weeks later, it's nowhere to be found and never seen again. I've been extra busy and hadn't had time to hunt on a regular basis, and I feared I had just failed to catch them.

The new wave with Bastila Shan should be coming out now too.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
They are MIA right now even though they were supposed to be released last month. Hasbro has so screwed up the past year of SW collecting.

pcsguy I am so proud of you. How do you like the y-wing? I freakin' love it!!!!

I like the Y wing more than I thought I would, it's nice. I can't wait to get all of these ships into my garage for a paint wash day.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Started Finding some of those Revenge of the Jedi Cardbacks and of corse missing out on the new figures... Damn you Hoth Trooper...

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
I haven't bought any SW stuff. I only buy when I see things I'm really interested in. I'm not a completest when it comes to collecting.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
"AotC" and "vintage" just don't sound right in the same sentence.

Is it weird that I simply choose to ignore that the prequels exist? It's odd, I never actually disliked them, enjoying each as they came out. But as time goes by, I simply forget about them. I don't know half the characters, I don't completely follow all the politics, and I've found that rewatching the prequels is not that entertaining. It's as if the prequels and originals are two completely different franchises in my mind. I don't hate Ep I-III like some people; I'm just indifferent and completely ignore anything from those films in my toy collection.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Nope, I am the same way Nacho. However I enjoy them being in the Vintage line has then I get a definitive version of that Character.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I can mostly ignore them other than ruining Darth Vader for me.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I have a tendency to romanticize them when I haven't seen them lately, since there's a bunch of cool stuff in each movie. I forget how much crap surrounds that stuff when I haven't seen them in a while. :)

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I can mostly ignore them other than ruining Darth Vader for me.

yeah, that's generally how I feel. I don't want to cheer for, or feel sorry for the most evil man in the universe.

And then there is all that pod racing, clones, long-winded galactic senate speeches about trade embargoes (it's like watching interstellar C-span), midicloriates, and..... jarjar.

The more I think about it, maybe I do hate the prequels!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'd managed to forget Midichlorians.

Yup, I hate the prequels and I hope they find Lucas dead in his own piss because of them.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
On the other hand... if he hadn't made them, we would all be bitching they hadn't been.... no, no, nevermind. It would have been better if they went unmade.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Only the most moronic would enjoy the Force being boiled down to a viral infection.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Midichlorian-count was by far the stupidest move Lucas made with the prequels. It doesn't fit with the story in the first three films... Not even a little... Notice how it isn't mentioned after Episode I....

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Yeah, he dropped that quick.

Although you could easily argue that most "Jedi" things that didn't fit with the original trilogy are just due to information being lost.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
True, but one of the themes of the OT is Luke learning about and trusting in the Force as he grows as a Jedi. The Medichlorian count, in my opinion, diminishes this psuedo-religious theme, and makes being a Jedi less mystical.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
In theory anyone should be able synthesize a Midichlorian vaccine, or be able to inject Midichlorains, therefore becoming or effectively neutralizing a Jedi.

Bosskk could have run around the galaxy with a fucking tranquilizer gun pawning the shit out of Jedis and stuff.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
In theory anyone should be able synthesize a Midichlorian vaccine, or be able to inject Midichlorains, therefore becoming or effectively neutralizing a Jedi.

Bosskk could have run around the galaxy with a fucking tranquilizer gun pawning the shit out of Jedis and stuff.

Exactly. It makes the Jedi less like monks and more like some shmucks that have really good genetics. Also raises the question- why not clone the freaking Jedi?

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
According to the EU, when you clone a Jedi, it does something to them, eventually driving them insane and overly self destructive.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Exactly. It makes the Jedi less like monks and more like some shmucks that have really good genetics. Also raises the question- why not clone the freaking Jedi?

I thought that was what the Clone Wars was until Lucas showed us that it was a bunch of clones of a schmuck, and that Boba Fett was also a clone.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Yeah, exactly. Fogger gets all bent out of shape about how Lucas is fucking with the Mandolorian origin story... I don't blame him either.