Anybody still collecting SW on here?

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Thank you Garrison, the B wing now has a pilot and is ready for a fight. For those of you that have not seen a B wing in a while, here is a pic for scale.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Looks like I remember it.

Looks like the pilot is gonna fly it into something, though.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
I love the Star Wars line, but haven't seen much OT stuff lately.

The Vintage Y-Wing is at TRU for 40 dollars, but it's an easy pass since I already have a previous release of that ship.

Christmas 2010 was probably the best time for an OT fan, since we saw a massive number of releases for the Empire Strikes Back series.

I am so grateful to have been on leave and on the hunt then. I found 2-3 of the AT-ST Assault on Hoth sets from Target, and picked up the Big AT-AT also.

Good times then, but it's not the same right now.

Where is the Imperial Shuttle from ROTJ? That sucker is due for a re-tooling and re-release.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
If you don't have one sure 40 is not bad. You get the cool box which is worth something to me. If you already have one then not really. I think the only thing new is the re-tooled cockpit.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
That's were it starts to hurt. When the only Y-wing pilot out there is in a $40 exclusive pack, besides Secondary Markets.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I thought Y wing and X wing pilots were the same. Guess I need to investigate that one.

Edit: Ok, so they were normal pilots and they switched to this badass guy. Now I want one.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
who the fuck even cares which vehicle they're suppose to go to?! just get some dudes, get some spaceships and then be all like "PEW PEW PEW" "KERPLOWWW".

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I know, right?

Only in SW would every space vehicle need it's on special uniform helmet and color scheme.

PathFinder

Enlisted
Aug 12, 2011
Hey I collect some Star Wars... Mostly new Vintage Collection stuff from the OT. They are supposed to have a new Landspeeder for Luke from ANH I assume... It's listed that way on Rebelscum. Can't find any info on that though... Anybody heard anything there?

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
I collect SW stuff. Probably equally, if not then only a little less than, Joe stuff

It's just that Joe stuff is more fun to shoot, on account of the better possibility.

Last edited:

PathFinder

Enlisted
Aug 12, 2011
I like most of the new Vintage Collection stuff that I can get... When it is available without paying an arm and a leg...:)

The latest Imperial Troops, like the Stormtroopers, Sandies, and Scouts just rock... The proportions and sculpts, and articulations there are great... they hold a bunch of different poses well without a lot of trouble or a stand.

My big gripe comes with so many of the Rebel heroes and consistency with the proportions and headsculpts... Too many different heads for Han and Luke and Leia. The last Han I got was the ANH version in the Target 3 pack... Probably the best one I've seen so far. Articulation is pretty good there, but it seems the Imperial troops got him beat there as far as pose dynamics go. Haven't got a new Bespin Han yet, so I don't know if that one is better. Seems they should have used the same head from the one I mentioned previously... Same deal with the Luke figures...

Gotta admit, I'm not a fan of the cloth cape thing. I know there are plusses/minuses with that issue, but I just think the molded soft rubber ones look better. They blend with the sculpting on the figure, and make the whole thing look less like a toy and more like an articulated statue. Yeah the poseability is affected by a molded cape, but oh well. It's probably not gonna ever be perfect in anyone's eyes anyway...

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
Gotta admit, I'm not a fan of the cloth cape thing. I know there are plusses/minuses with that issue, but I just think the molded soft rubber ones look better. They blend with the sculpting on the figure, and make the whole thing look less like a toy and more like an articulated statue. Yeah the poseability is affected by a molded cape, but oh well. It's probably not gonna ever be perfect in anyone's eyes anyway...

I concur 100% with the above statement. I know I will probably take heat for it. The cloth capes just don't hang the way they should because it is a tiny piece of cloth. The only exception is if you want to put a Jedi in his starfighter then you need the cloth cloak.

@CTRL Z that Cad Bane pic is badass!!

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Yay! Somebody else likes/buys Clone Wars figures! I am in a love hate stance when it comes to the cloth capes. I think if they use the material lego uses for there capes all would be good.

PathFinder

Enlisted
Aug 12, 2011
Don't suppose ya saw any Rebel Fleet Troopers? I've never spotted them in stores anywhere... They are a little high online...

Homer

Μολών λαβέ
Sep 2, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
Anyone else's walmarts get the shippers full of unpunched vintage figures for the blue ray promos? You know, the displays containing enough pegwarmers to prevent any new or revised htf figures from making it to the pegs for the remainder of the line's run?

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I got a question. How much are the ATOTC Geonosis arena play-sets worth? I got one for Christmas back in 2002 and I still have all of it's parts and the box is in fair shape. It was fun to have as an interactive backdrop for the action figures. I even had a few joe battles on it before I started to hate the Star Wars prequels. I know it got some of it's tooling reused for the GI Joe spy Troops cobra mountain play-set.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
Anyone else's walmarts get the shippers full of unpunched vintage figures for the blue ray promos? You know, the displays containing enough pegwarmers to prevent any new or revised htf figures from making it to the pegs for the remainder of the line's run?

mine did. ALso, did anyone else's get the big AT AT display for the movies? My walmart did and they are holding the AT AT until tomorrow for the manager to come in to see if they will sell it to me instead of putting it up.

They said I could have it after it was over, I said it would be destroyed by kids and I wouldn't really want it. But I would be willing to pay for it now. She said she would wait until the morning when the main manager to come in and I can talk to him about it.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
mine did. ALso, did anyone else's get the big AT AT display for the movies? My walmart did and they are holding the AT AT until tomorrow for the manager to come in to see if they will sell it to me instead of putting it up.

They said I could have it after it was over, I said it would be destroyed by kids and I wouldn't really want it. But I would be willing to pay for it now. She said she would wait until the morning when the main manager to come in and I can talk to him about it.
Ummm how can it be destroyed by kids? Usually they put those kind of things behind some sort of locked case. I've never seen any place allow kids to just play with something. :confused: