Anybody still collecting SW on here?

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Karen Traviss had one of the most well thought out story lines in all of the EU. Even her books set in the future (the Legacy series) meshed with what she had already established in her RC books.

Then season two of the Clone Wars came along and fucked it all up...and she told Lucas to piss off.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Was Jango actually supposed to be a Mandolorian?

Yes, see below >

Karen Traviss had one of the most well thought out story lines in all of the EU. Even her books set in the future (the Legacy series) meshed with what she had already established in her RC books.

Then season two of the Clone Wars came along and fucked it all up...and she told Lucas to piss off.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011

He wasn't from Mandalore, but from Concord Dawn...which is kinda like being from Scotland...where you're still considered to be part of the United Kingdom.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I call horse shit. Mandos were established as extinct generations before the fall of the Republic.

See, now, why people hate George Lucas?

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Yeah, exactly. Fogger gets all bent out of shape about how Lucas is fucking with the Mandolorian origin story... I don't blame him either.

Y'know, be consistent - if you're going to pay an author to create a bunch of stories for you, don't contradict her series before it's even finished.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
I think he's just bitter that he never made anything that ammounted to anything besides Indy/SW.... RE: Howard the Duck

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Wait until he ruins Indy. Even Spielberg said the changes to E.T. were a mistake.

And again, as stated ad nausem, no one would give a shit if he'd just release the unmolested OT.

But no, he wants to foist his vision nuevo on all of us.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You know what I mean.

And, if I remember correctly, his ex-wife did much of the work on the OT script and screen play. So, take that for what it's worth.

I'd like to think that he's not THAT petty.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
I could see it. He sued... someone... for having Jawas onstage during a concert... John Denver? No.... shit I can't remember now.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ha!

Personally I just don't think Indy works in the post-Nazi world. Soviet agents and aliens? Ehhh, nein, danke.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Crystal skull... that was just an abortion. It made me feel really, really sorry for Harrison Ford. I think the South Park episode where Speilbirg and Lucas rape Indy was pretty accurate.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I'm watch KOTCS any day of the week over ANY of the Prequels. The acting alone (minus Shia) makes it much more watchable.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011

Eh, never saw "Attack of the Drones" since "Phantom Miscreants" was so terrible.

The only reason I watched "Revenge of the Nerds" was for the last 15 minutes wherein we see how Darth Vader was created from the remains of Anakin Skywalker.

I honestly wish that the AT-AT's and Snowtroopers would suddenly appear out of thin air in all 3 Pre-logy movies and just blow everyone away, to inlclude the lame Kiwi and the idiotic Jamaican alien.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
When Hasbro finally makes a Snowtrooper with good articulation someone should pain that shit in flecktarn.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I'm watch KOTCS any day of the week over ANY of the Prequels. The acting alone (minus Shia) makes it much more watchable.

you got to appreciate the sarcasm on the internet these days. It's clever.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Hey SR, what did you get?

I purchased the vintage box Y-Wing, and also the X-Wing "Death Star Trench" set.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
nothing... They did not have an AT-AT. I would like to get another one and getting Slave one for half-off is a bonus.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I'm tempted to start army building OT Storm Troopers and Clone Wars Clone Troopers, but if I do George Lucas will ruin Star Wars again and then convince Spielberg to orally rape Indiana Jones. I can't risk it!

Last edited: