Anybody still collecting SW on here?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Nice... are you all-in?

I really like what they're doing, but I can't recall the last time I busted out my 4" SW figures. I still have an unbuilt laser-cut masonite 4" carbon freeze chamber playset I bought from a 3rd party like 10 years ago. I might have to just live vicariously through your purchase. Still, this is what we all dreamed about as kids, so I love that someone is bringing that vision to life.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
The Ghost looks fun, but it’s a bad time to back something I’d rather bank the money for a rumored Death Star.

repost from Jayson
IMG_2528.jpeg
Here is what I recall the DS Playset looking like as far as layout. The numbers in the image correspond as follows if I remember correctly:

1. Vader’s meditation chamber room
2. Cell block
3. Trash compactor
4. Emperors throne room
5. Gunner station (like vintage Playset)
6. Conference room
7. View screen room for Alderaan destruction
8. Docking bay control room
9. Docking bay/duel
10. Tractor beam control/chasm

Also working elevators, laser “tunnel” with lights and sound and some exclusive figure(s). 36”x45”x11”

* please forgive the crudeness of the drawing, it didn’t have time to draw it to scale or color it.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I'd love a Death Star playset, one of the few SW things that could get me to shell out a lot, but for it to be useful it would have to be massive, even at 1:18 scale. And as much as I spend on toys, I don't think my pockets are deep enough to justify what a good playset like that would cost.

I'll just have to admire from photos when one of you picks this up if/when it becomes a real thing. It's kinda the ultimate toy dream in some ways... but dayyum, it'll be yuuuuge.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
For now I’m just filling up basement shelves, so I can have a walkthrough Death Star. :D

Seriously that was the old set up but I had to condense it to an against the wall shelf as I was knocking things over constantly.

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
Though I know I will never see it, I'd love to have a HasLab true scaled Republic gunship. They would get a crap ton of backers for that...

That would be a cash cow beyond imagination.

Reactions: Videoviper

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
I bought a huge legacy millennium falcon several years ago and it sadly sits in my shed in a box. When my two oldest grandsons hit about 12-13 years old I plan on giving it to them both as a present to share. Right now they’re too young and have younger siblings who would destroy it quicker than the death ☠️ star. Thank God for grandchildren who can take some of these things off my hands 😉

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
And grandkids are more fun because you get mellow and absent minded in old age 😉 I’m much more forgiving with grandchildren than I was with my children.

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
I occasionally pick up a human SW figure if it looks slightly cool because of some of the nice head sculpts I’ve found over the years. Here’s a recent Leah figure from a couple months ago that I replaced the head with a McQuarrie concept Starkiller head from 10 plus years ago. Articulation wasn’t bad either.IMG_5284.jpeg

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
I'm not mad about it. Getting a lot of support. And I hope it does so we get more Haslab projects in the future.

What I wouldn't give for an accurate scale LAAT/i...

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
I'll talk OT all day... but I just don't know squat about the cartoons or the latest D+ whatever.

I found a TVC Hoth Rebel Trooper for $4 yesterday at Ollie's, even had a card that wasn't beaten up.
Honestly, I'm a clone wars era guy. It's my favorite time period in all of Star Wars. It's like the WW2 era of Star Wars and OT is Vietnam.

Some of the D+ stuff is good, but for me CW will be the gold standard for this era.

I've dipped my toes into the books, comics, and games my whole life. So I have a pretty wide knowledge base.

Last bit of collecting I've done lately is some 3D printing of Clone Wars era CIS machines.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Outside of the OT, I really like the OG books like the Thrawn trilogy and the early video games like X-Wing/TIE-Fighter, Dark Forces, the Jedi Knight series... I'd love a black series Kyle Katarn.

My beef with the clone wars stems from two basic problems 1) I always found it to be more interesting as a mysterious event in the past... i.e. the more they fleshed it out, the less I cared... and 2) the prequel era just doesn't blow my skirt up. I spent my whole childhood *hating* vader and the storm troopers as the bad guys, and 20+ years later, I'm supposed to get excited about Pre-Vader and Pre-Storm-Troopers as the protagonists of the story, and I just can't. I hear good things about the cartoon and such, but the window has passed, my brain has moved on ;)

Last edited:

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
I’ll jump in to y’all’s SW discussion. I’m on board with the OT and remember being blown away by the original movie in 1977 at the drive in theater. I had a crush on Princess Leia and pictured myself in Han Solo’s shoes. Then several years ago they were playing all the movies over the weekend while I was the on duty headquarters sergeant and I felt like the Anakin character was portrayed as too immature for the role of a Jedi apprentice. He sounded like a spoiled brat 6 year old and not someone who would be in such a position in life. If I had been Ben, he would have failed his FTO period quickly. ***Report*** Jedi trainee failed to perform to standard, not recommended by this FTO. 🙂

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Empire was the first movie I remember seeing in the theater. I'm sure I saw plenty of movies in theaters before that, disney cartoons and whatnot, but that's the first one I can still recall. I had the original SW on betamax, copied from the local video store because my dad had two machines, one to play, one to record. So when the theme started playing and the text started scrolling, my 5yo brain started freaking out.

I didn't say a word, but in my head I was screaming, "This is the wrong movie! This is how the first one starts! Why am I the only one noticing that they're showing us the wrong movie?!" Obviously, I got over it, but I remember being so distraught that all the buildup was leading to the same movie I'd seen 13 times already in my short life.

• Haha
Reactions: Sgt301

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
First time I saw Star Wars was also in a drive in. I made a big deal apparently about not wanting to go. Parents enjoyed sci-fi, & at that time there was very little good sci-fi. I probably had no clue what SW was. I think I fell asleep. Soon after i discovered the toys. Then I was hooked.

Reactions: nacho

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I had a friend that had the first two on betamax, and Flash Gordon and Battle Beyond the Stars(?) as well, as I recall. RotJ was one of the first movies I ever saw in theaters, certainly the first one I was really crazy about. I remember also seeing Gremlins in the theater. I can’t count the number of times I’ve seen the “recorded off the TV” versions of all three OT movies.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Russians took out Rebel Scum
By Russians we mean China take credit
By China we mean that group they outsourced it to… the one YOU don’t like.

Anyway the lesson we learn from communism is that people can’t have nice things.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Russians took out Rebel Scum
By Russians we mean China take credit
By China we mean that group they outsourced it to… the one YOU don’t like.

Anyway the lesson we learn from communism is that people can’t have nice things.
Wait, what? RS appears to be functional. If they took it down, they did a poor job of it. Half-assery, another facet of communism. They have no incentive to do a good job.

But I'll take your lesson at face value. Communism does mean people can't have nice things... because by definition, if you have something nice, then everyone else has something less nice, and that's not "equity". So everyone has to have the same shitty things.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Paz Vizla (deluxe :laugh:) is now available for a reasonable $13 on Amazon so I grabbed an extra.

Now I am adding the one I have to the Christmas customs pile. I’m thinking - the Santa-Lorian?

Last edited:
Reactions: nacho

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Cobb Vanth isn’t happening anytime soon.

Best I can tell is Hasbro doesn’t like to pay likeness rights if they don’t have to, so they waited on CV, now BoBF season 2 probably isn’t happening so it will be very dependent on what projects Lucasfilm does go forward with.

Just my guess unless they announce more deluxe figures.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
They had no problem paying it for the 6" figure, so.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wasn't aware of the BoBF S2 rumor, as I don't follow D+ news at all, but that's a bummer. Olyphant's character was the best thing to hit the SW universe since the Zahn trilogy or Kyle Katarn games, IMO.

I found someone who would 3d print a 1:18th scale version of the BS head, so I've got that as a backup plan, but I'd prefer hasbro produce one.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
I wasn’t aware of the 6” figure so that theory is busted!

Yay D+ is a real mess on the SW Marvel etc front. They keep mandating the shows & “get involved” Meanwhile traditionally most of the money is made when a movie hits theaters so teaching the audience to wait to see it on streaming for free is pretty much canabalizing the system.

The quality of these shows are hit & miss but you can see the budgets are getting smaller and smaller.