Boss Fight Studios

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
There's a few of the stretch goal figures I might be interested in, but the price is still a bit off-putting, and the only way to get them is to buy the set of regular figures, which I don't really want.

Hmm, we may be able to help each other. if I do indeed buy the starter set, you can bounce an order off mine saving you the hassle of having to get those.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
From the book of face...... (a somewhat official reason BFS isn't doing military figures (or are they?)

Hey Folks!
Congratulations to our good friends at Boss Fight Studio for reaching their initial Kickstarter funding goal! They have since passed the $100K level on their Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S Action figure project and STILL have over 30 days to go!
As most of you know, Boss Fight Studio DESIGNED & SCULPTED our Marauder Task Force figures. So if you like the MTF figures, then you MUST check out the Boss Fight Studio Kickstarter project! The initially available items are very impressive AND there are a ton of "Stretch Goal" add-on items yet to unlock! They are currently less than $4,000 away from "unlocking" their NEXT stretch goal: Athenian Warrior vs Green Snake Gorgon!
Our Marauder Task Force Trooper just had to give a congratulatory handshake to his cousin the Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. Spartan!
MJ

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I'm thinking of doing the $115 Kickstarter deal. I like all 4 of the regular figs. I may order some of the others like the underworld warrior or something.

hard to believe companies like Hasbro can't make decent figures like this compared to these small "basement" style businesses.

Hasbro probably could except who wants to pay $30/figure? Well, 480 people apparently. :trollface:

blackrazor1

Enlisted
Dec 25, 2013
Hasbro probably could except who wants to pay $30/figure? Well, 480 people apparently. :trollface:

Isn't that about what you pay for the FSS after the membership (the $44 one) and shipping? People are paying $45+ for individual figures from the online retailers.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I would be surprised if the cost of these are more after the KS campaign. I mean the point of this is for them to get enough capital to get the molds made and then reuse the crap out of them. I think that is why it is slightly more tolerable to pay the extra per figure cost. Most of their proposed figures don't even have much paint. If they try to sell these for more than they are already asking I don't think they will do very well.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
I would be surprised if the cost of these are more after the KS campaign. I mean the point of this is for them to get enough capital to get the molds made and then reuse the crap out of them. I think that is why it is slightly more tolerable to pay the extra per figure cost. Most of their proposed figures don't even have much paint. If they try to sell these for more than they are already asking I don't think they will do very well.

There is something in there about being able to purchase additional product at X rate, so I assumed that if X product is released to non-kickstarter people the price might be $20 instead of $15. or at least for the $25 (maybe $27-$30 each)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Most of their proposed figures don't even have much paint. If they try to sell these for more than they are already asking I don't think they will do very well.

There are a LOT of tampo work on some of them, though paint costs are a small item in the larger overall cost.

Last edited:

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
:explode:

I have a hard time grasping that someone dropped $10K for custom head sculpt.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
:explode:

I have a hard time grasping that someone dropped $10K for custom head sculpt.

Obviously a true fan........or narcissist! ;)

I think it is actually an entire figure. Either way, it is a lot to drop on that.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
At least the Athenian with that sweet-ass crested Corinthian helmet has been unlocked.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
A while back, Slayer Design did a group of head sculpts for some customizers, for free. I was able to get one done. Now, I know SDS and BFS are very different when it comes to the sculpting, but I was very happy with what I got, and didn't have to drop $10k on it either.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
A fool and their money..etc. etc.

Yup...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Got to say I'm underwhelmed. Looks like something from the costume department on Xena: Warrior Princess.

Still, she may be fixable.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I'm going to get a few of these figures when they come out. The pictures of the prototypes holding the marauders weapons sold me on them...probably just buy human looking figures tho.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I kinda like it; I was hoping for an Amazon (although I was thinking I'd use a blank and an accessory pack to do the same).

I dunno, I guess I just wanted something more than female Spartan. She's even got lame, vaguely tribal, tattoos. If she had an armor bra instead of a full cuirass I'd say Todd McFarlane designed her as some half-assed Hellenic angel character.

Last edited:

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I dunno, I guess I just wanted something more than female Spartan. She's even got lame, vaguely tribal, tattoos. If she had an armor bra instead of a full cuirass I'd say Todd McFarlane designed her as some half-assed Hellenic angel character.

Heh, fair point.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
This is a great base for the SoCal cum dumpster custom I have been wanting to do! Now I just need a trucker hat, some Wayfarer sunglasses and a can of PBR. Now if there were some flower tattoos and and perhaps a piercing this would be gold!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Now I want to do a SoCal cum dumpster custom. :trollface:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
She strikes me as the type that would boil the family pet.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
They need way bigger tits and a big big booty.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYyd0dvNNXU[/ame]

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Now there is talk about getting 150 to do the $1 pledge to unlock the Amazon broad. Does not seem to be taken well by some.