Captain America figures

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I had my choice of Winter Soldiers and grabbed the one with the straight barrel. Gotta fix the scope, but that's no biggie.

Might grab a WWII Capt. for repainting/re-accessorizing. Other wise the Capt. A figures were fairly sparse. That'll change, though. No Joes on the plan-o-gram.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
The Tommy Gun that Cap comes with is shit.

It looks like a Fisher Price gun, blocky and undetailed.

I'll be replacing it soon enough.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, i've got proper Thompsons to replace it with, as well as proper WWII pouches and helmets.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
I like the WWII Version of Captain America.

The rest of them look kind of cheesy.

Saw TF 3 robots at Wal-Mart today.

What's up with Megatron ripping off Optimus Prime's truck mode, and what in the heck does Shockwave transform into?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I like the WWII Version of Captain America.

The WS head ain't so bad, and fits on the ST body. I love the SVD, aside from the goddamn softness of the plastic.

WWII Capt. isn't WWII enough for me. In my mind WWII Captain America should be a G.I. with a fruity green balaklava and a green and white round shield.

Boring? Perhaps, but more realistic and less "Aim that MG 42 here: *points at chest*".

alcinde4

Kicker of asses and such
May 16, 2011
Atlanta, GA
My wife picked up the Heavy Artillery Cap, Para-trooper Cap and Winter Soldier for me on her way home from work. These are all pretty much place-holders for me until wave 2. I'm really stoked for Red Skull, US Agent and Crossbones.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
And my Germans dare. My Red Skull's pimp hand is far stronger than Capt.'s.
That's why he has the shield. :D

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hope Crossbones shows up soon, though i'm relegated my self to knowing i'm gonna have to cut on him.

Winter soldier is useless for any pose that isn't him drawing both his pistols at once.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Picked up Winter Solider today. He's a sturdy figure for sure, but the bend-em guns suck.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
This is what WS looks like on the Maisto 1942 WLA. That is the extent of the forward movement on the horrid Hasbro Marvel Movie figure hips. IM and Wolverine figures are practically the same.

Attachments

• P5190464.JPG
    P5190464.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 19

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
TO match his dainty woman-hands?

I think his head will work for a metrosexual Zartan, as opposed to the regular goat-fucker Zartan head?

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Saw Winter Captain today and his green digicam pants and white coat could be handy, but the blue torso is awful. Also saw Hero Cap? Looks a lot like WWII Cap with a helmet but different webgear and no thompson. I just can't bite on these $8 figures.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Other than the rubbery plastic used on the guns (use the same shit you use on Joes, goddammit) i wasn't terribly disappointed with my Winter Soldier purchase. I bought him solely for the SVD, and end it up with a fair C-96 and a head sculpt for future use as a bonus.

Jet pack blows, though *scratches chin*

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Can't say I'm too impressed with WWII Cap. He is a perfect example of what happens when you over engineer a figure's articulation and use rubber for the joints. His arms end up with limited movement and his lower half is a floppy mess. O'well, good thing he will remain static in the turret and I have no need for any future figures from the line.

Why did they give him soft rubber kneecaps?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Can't say I'm too impressed with WWII Cap. He is a perfect example of what happens when you over engineer a figure's articulation and use rubber for the joints. His arms end up with limited movement and his lower half is a floppy mess. O'well, good thing he will remain static in the turret and I have no need for any future figures from the line.

Why did they give him soft rubber kneecaps?

to be fair, its not the over engineering, is just the cheap materials...i have the SDCC version and he holds up just fine...not loose or sloopy at all...

that movie Cap you posted looks like a definite buy if i ever see it...