Casting Sites: Links, Info + Alerts

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Do any of the casters out there have a SAW loadout pouch? I'm looking for a couple.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I find it amusing that Alyosha can comment on stank stories but isn't available when you send him an email about a screwed up order.

W.O. leroy

Enlisted
Jul 21, 2011
Australia
Back on topic, http://vortiouscustomaccessories.ecrater.com.au/

A friend and I went in on an order together a while back and he was really excited becuse he collects MU figures. Since he found the site he made the order and I just paid him. When the order arrived, which was quite timely considering we are international, my mate messaged me saying how dissapointed he was and that he was going to send the untire lot to me. He had never gotten any custom parts from a caster before so I thought they might need a bit of flash cleaned off and maybe some heat treatment on the bigger pieces to get back into shape. Well I got them today and well just look for yourself.

This was how they were packed acording to my mate, he just changed the bag they were in.

I just tipped the bag in the box.

A little flashing?

There are so many bits of plastic in there I'm not sure what is for what.

I ordered 3 figures from the full figure section and only one came put together.

And his knee is damaged.

My friend messaged the caster about it and he just gave him advice on how to fix these things. My friend is not a full on customizer, he dabbles in it a bit but when it comes to these type of repairs he was totally lost so he sent them to me. I reckon I can fix this stuff but it is going to be a lot of work I wasn't expecting so heads up to others looking to purchase from him. Pros are the heads were very good.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Holy crap! That is by far the worst I have ever seen when it comes to casts. I don't know how you paid, but you might be able to file a claim with PayPal, if 45 days have not passed since placing the order, and get your money back. That's just the most ridiculous casting I've ever seen.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
lol... I suppose if the guy actually states that the casts may come in that condition, a buyer wouldn't have a right to complain, but if there's no warning, I would be pissed. I can't imagine how long it's going to take to cut, sand, file, fill-in all of that crap, and not to mention the detail that's already been lost, and that will more than likely be lost when trying to fix that crap.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I've always had good luck with VC, but I mostly buy heads and small stuff, not full figures. His heads are very nice and clean.

I did buy an arm set once, and it did look like those pictures, but I didn't worry about it. I was so impressed with the turnaround time that cleaning up a few parts seemed minor compared to worrying about my order status for 10 months like I do with BA.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
I messaged VCA about this when it first came up and suggested to him that he might want to put a disclaimer on his site, or show pics of how some of the kits come(if you look at some of his recent kits, he did do this and has pics of the stuff w/ the flashings, but I think he should do this with everything he sends that way).

He does it to keep costs down, which you have to admit, a full cast figure for $20 is pretty cheap. The broken knee should be replaced though, I'd even go as far as say that the whole leg should be replaced because that upper leg looks pretty bad.

I would send him a message, or at least have your friend and show pics of the leg.

The other flashings, I honestly don't think are that bad, it takes a bit to clean them up, but you're saving a lot compared to other casting sites. He has that whole gun set for what some guys charge for one gun... ;)

Last edited:

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Sure, because everyone wants a set of sky blue guns that are the most readily available guns you can buy.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
lol, I didn't even think about the color... yeah.. he could have definitely picked a better color.

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Thanks Joe, not sure how that happened.

Fixed:
Back on topic, http://vortiouscustomaccessories.ecrater.com.au/

A friend and I went in on an order together a while back and he was really excited becuse he collects MU figures. Since he found the site he made the order and I just paid him. When the order arrived, which was quite timely considering we are international, my mate messaged me saying how dissapointed he was and that he was going to send the untire lot to me. He had never gotten any custom parts from a caster before so I thought they might need a bit of flash cleaned off and maybe some heat treatment on the bigger pieces to get back into shape. Well I got them today and well just look for yourself.

This was how they were packed acording to my mate, he just changed the bag they were in.

I just tipped the bag in the box.

A little flashing?

There are so many bits of plastic in there I'm not sure what is for what.

I ordered 3 figures from the full figure section and only one came put together.

And his knee is damaged.

My friend messaged the caster about it and he just gave him advice on how to fix these things. My friend is not a full on customizer, he dabbles in it a bit but when it comes to these type of repairs he was totally lost so he sent them to me. I reckon I can fix this stuff but it is going to be a lot of work I wasn't expecting so heads up to others looking to purchase from him. Pros are the heads were very good.

First thanks Joerhyno for bringing this to my attention.

I put the one figure together as a favor to you guys because it was a high dollar order though the figures are specifically marked as figure KITS. Meaning you have to assemble them. It wasn't broken when I sent it, and I have a few that I've made for myself, and none of them have broken. Probably happened in shipping.

As far as the flash goes I leave the flash on smaller parts like arms, and guns to keep them together when you open the bubble mailer (which is what I ship everything in). I mean I don't want the parts flying all over your work area when you open the mailer, and slide the parts out then getting lost.

Now your buddy didn't mention the knee breaking, and if asked I'd of replaced the whole set of legs. Not sure if the red would match perfectly, but I should be able to get it close-ish. The only thing he mentioned was the GR bike being "warped", and that was what I offered him tips on fixing.

This was his email:
Got the order today and have a few issues. I didnt realize i had to put them together which i could do myself but some items, like ghostriders bike, are warped and impossible to join together. I can send pix if you like. The heads look great tho but very unhappy about the other parts

The last email from him just apologized about the misunderstanding about the figures being kits. I even emailed him about a week, or two later asking him how things were going, and never heard back. Just so you all know I save ALL of my order discussions, and go back through to check in w/ customers that had problems every so often, but if I don't hear back I figure things are ok.

Now as for where the parts on the bike go here are some pics of the small parts, and where they go that should help:

Kick stand attachment peg

gas cap/ trigger (if you have some springs that fit in there. I have no way to make springs though)

gauges

Little tip when putting the figures together take a drill bit about the size of the peg that you're going to insert, and twirl it in the hole. This should loosen up the hole a little, and allow you to put the peg in easier. This goes for both the suited figures, and the "Fur ball" figures.

As far as the blue guns go those were a freebie. In fact there are a few freebies in there since it was a high dollar order, and they were an international order, and the price on the USPS site is higher than most of the actual international rates at the post office.

In the future if anyone has any issues with, or questions about their items from me whether you personally ordered them, or someone else ordered them, and sent them to you. Please feel free to contact me @ either of my email addresses rodimusvts@yahoo.com, or rodimusvts@verizon.net. I am always happy to offer a suggestion, or even replace a defective part.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Ya see? THAT, right there. This is a cottage industry, usually not someone's full time job. Issues arise, that's life. But that kind of attitude makes me want to do business with someone. That's the kind of attitude I wish every casting business had. Couple that with very quick turn around times, and I know why I've placed multiple orders from VC in recent months.

I'm not knocking all other casters. There are several on this board that we like a lot and order from regularly. But there are a few others that I really wish would take notice of how business can be done differently.

Dark Horse

Ultimate Z-list celebrity

Fixed:

I put the one figure together as a favor to you guys because it was a high dollar order though the figures are specifically marked as figure KITS. Meaning you have to assemble them. It wasn't broken when I sent it, and I have a few that I've made for myself, and none of them have broken. Probably happened in shipping.

As far as the flash goes I leave the flash on smaller parts like arms, and guns to keep them together when you open the bubble mailer (which is what I ship everything in). I mean I don't want the parts flying all over your work area when you open the mailer, and slide the parts out then getting lost.

Now your buddy didn't mention the knee breaking, and if asked I'd of replaced the whole set of legs. Not sure if the red would match perfectly, but I should be able to get it close-ish. The only thing he mentioned was the GR bike being "warped", and that was what I offered him tips on fixing.

This was his email:

The last email from him just apologized about the misunderstanding about the figures being kits. I even emailed him about a week, or two later asking him how things were going, and never heard back. Just so you all know I save ALL of my order discussions, and go back through to check in w/ customers that had problems every so often, but if I don't hear back I figure things are ok.

Now as for where the parts on the bike go here are some pics of the small parts, and where they go that should help:

gas cap/ trigger (if you have some springs that fit in there. I have no way to make springs though)

gauges

Little tip when putting the figures together take a drill bit about the size of the peg that you're going to insert, and twirl it in the hole. This should loosen up the hole a little, and allow you to put the peg in easier. This goes for both the suited figures, and the "Fur ball" figures.

As far as the blue guns go those were a freebie. In fact there are a few freebies in there since it was a high dollar order, and they were an international order, and the price on the USPS site is higher than most of the actual international rates at the post office.

In the future if anyone has any issues with, or questions about their items from me whether you personally ordered them, or someone else ordered them, and sent them to you. Please feel free to contact me @ either of my email addresses rodimusvts@yahoo.com, or rodimusvts@verizon.net. I am always happy to offer a suggestion, or even replace a defective part.

Hat's off to you mate. i have never ordered from you before, but you sure put forth a great ad there. good stuff.

W.O. leroy

Enlisted
Jul 21, 2011
Australia

Fixed:

This was his email:

gauges

Thanks mate I really appreciate the pics of the bike pieces, I should be able to get that badboy together now. By no means was I saying not to buy stuff from you as most of the stuff is good and easily fixed, I just wanted people to know what to expect because I certainly didn't expect that. I've ordered stuff from nearly every caster on the net and have been for years and never seen flashing like that but if it cuts costs and time I'm all for it. Just first impressions as I opened the box was "Holy shit!" and I didn't want other people to be as surprised as I was that's why the pics.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
THANK YOU!

Wow.. that's great of you to come out and let us all know whats going on.

I think through all of this drama between casters we can all agree that open and honest communication is key.

Thanks, that is exactly what I strive for. I try to keep everything as open, and honest as I possibly can. The only things I keep secret are my customized mixtures, and certain demolding techniques. (Ie. how I demold my trench coats, and capes). Everything else I'll explain if asked including how I organize my orders to ensure I don't miss anything.

Thanks mate I really appreciate the pics of the bike pieces, I should be able to get that badboy together now. By no means was I saying not to buy stuff from you as most of the stuff is good and easily fixed, I just wanted people to know what to expect because I certainly didn't expect that. I've ordered stuff from nearly every caster on the net and have been for years and never seen flashing like that but if it cuts costs and time I'm all for it. Just first impressions as I opened the box was "Holy shit!" and I didn't want other people to be as surprised as I was that's why the pics.

I'm glad I could help you see where the parts need to go.

To be honest I never really thought about the flash being a negative. I thought that people would assume that I left it to hold the small parts together.

Like I said though if you guys have any questions just ask. I am an open book.

Last edited:

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Just saw this on the BA site.

Thanks for stopping by! The store is closed for a bit today while I work on invoices and add a couple of new items, and then adjust inventory counts. There will be a new batch of shipping listed tomorrow at the end of the day.

The store will be re-opened in a couple of days, so please check back. Thanks a ton!

UPDATE: The new email address is up and running. You may now send questions to: questions.brokenarrowtoys@yahoo.com.

A word about questions:

1) Just Email me ONCE about a subject. If you don't hear from me after 5 days, then email again.

2) Keep it short. Name, date, order number.

3) DO NOT send me PM's, IM's or any other communication other than email to the above address. It won't get answered.

4) I don't spend time answering questions that have answers already posted elsewhere. Take a look at the store forum (listed below) or the front page of the store before writing.

5) Please don't expect me to send updates every day, it isn't going to happen. The time is better spent actually working on the orders rather than talking to you about working on them.

6) I would like to say it goes without saying, but evidently not: Be nice.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I forgot I'm supposed to throw myself at Alyosha's feet and beg for him to have pity on me. And only if I am deemed worthy enough to look upon the perfection of his casts will I then be permitted to receive the objects that I have sought for so long!

:thumbsup:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Well, despite some of his iffy customer service, you have to give the guy credit for periodically closing down and not taking any more orders while he attempts to catch up. He does that several times a year. Of course, he's perpetually 6-9 months behind, but at least you can see that even he has limits to how bad he'll let it get.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Just from a business model standpoint.. if he's always taking so many orders he falls behind.. wouldn't it behoove him to hire someone to help him out? He could make the things faster.. catch up to demand.. and maybe expand his catalog more?

Seems like having "TOO MUCH" business is rarely bad for a company.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Just from a business model standpoint.. if he's always taking so many orders he falls behind.. wouldn't it behoove him to hire someone to help him out? He could make the things faster.. catch up to demand.. and maybe expand his catalog more?

Seems like having "TOO MUCH" business is rarely bad for a company.

Through chit chatting, I can tell you he has tried that. It's not exactly a job skill you can just find anywhere. At the same time, it's not like he's the only one falling victim to "TOO MUCH" business.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
At the same time.. if you know (or realize) that you're just going to be continually fucking up your business.. maybe it's time to find a new business?

And yes, almost all of the casters seem to have this same issue.. which means it's a terrible business model. Someone really needs to do some research and plan things out ahead of time.

I think if someone was smart enough to cover their bases and do things right the first time they'd have a huge lead over the other casters out there right now.

People don't give a shit if you close your store every now and then "to catch up", or if you have cancer, or if you're just a lazy asshole who never intended to ship in the first place. People just want the items they paid good currency for. Every other business on the internet works that way, there is no realistic reason that the legion of casters has the right to operate differently.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
To an extent I agree, yet it's tough to compare a cottage industry that people do in their spare time to buying crap online from amazon or something. I'm willing to be far more forgiving when I know it's a random person just working as a labor of love for a hobby and fellow collectors. Most don't set out to get behind or screw anyone.

That being said, Angelforge is the closest to what you describe. They have a ton of stuff, and I have never placed an order from them that didn't arrive in 2-3 business days.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah I think it's different when people portray themselves as a simple guy making some items in his free time.

Once you start putting together an online catalog, doing press-type things for your products and generally looking quasi-professional.. I'm going to be expecting professional results from my transaction.

It feels like the majority of the casters start doing it because it's fun and they have some talents.. but soon see $$$ flying around and just figure MORE ORDERS = MORE MONEY! And have little to no regard as to how they're actually going to succeed with their order volume.

They should literally open for a week, take the orders, then close until those orders are filled, lather, rinse, repeat.

Otherwise it's going to be the same thing over and over again where people are not getting their products in a timely fashion.. people complain, people complain about people complaining and generally everyone's panties are in a twist.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Oh really? Haha that's funny.

I just don't see any other way to do it without falling way behind or closing shop. If you can't make the correct product fast enough to satisfy demand.. someone else is going to come eat your lunch.

Without any kind of real 'brand' or trademark behind your products, anyone can do something similar and take advantage of your bad public image for their own benefit.

Who do I care who is casting my Head #2 or Gun #8.. I will throw my money at the person who produces results. Obviously some people will stick with Guy A or Guy T due to.. whatever, it's going to happen, but I have to believe that any group that keeps its shit together will do better in the long run.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Ok, this WAS the SDS business model. We all know how that turned out... and a lot of people didn't like it even when they were still going strong.

Dave's health obviously was a major effect in that not working out in the long run, but I personally think it was when they started the big fire sales with the big discounts. It got a lot of business in, I guess, but then swamped them. That's the turning point when they started getting WAY behind.

I personally always liked their preorder system. I always got what I wanted, and if not, then I just had to wait till the next batch opened. Also, since it was set up in "waves", it kept me coming back to see what was new.

My problem with "in stock" is I never seem to be able to get enough of the items I want because they're sold out or removed from the site.

There's not a fool-proof method so far, it seems. I think AngelForge is maybe the closest to making enough stuff and keeping it fairly in stock.