Voting will take place for 7 days. The winner will advance to Round 4

You can view the Bracket Here

Each entry will get there own post

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
King Rex:

Bio:

King Rex was born of a savage world......a world of constant battle.....a world of magic and super science. Breed to bring death to all who oppose him, Rex is the ultimate fighting machine.

Entry Thread

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Gi Ty Pham:

Bio:

As a boy Gi Ty Pham studied under his father who was a great master of several martial arts forms and spent most of his life farming a small piece of land his family had inhabited for generations.
He later inherited the land from his father and began to raise a family of his own, passing on what he had learned and continuing the search for enlightenment through meditation . His wife and daughter often watched as he would gracefully navigated his fields as if guided by precognitive abilities. In fact through intense meditation Gi Ty discovered he could communicate with the very building blocks of all objects, he could listen to them and they would obey his commands. Never wanting to be more than what he was , he humbly kept his knowledge to himself. Until one day on his daughters 13th birthday a group of local soldiers employed by a local governor came to his cottage to claim their "rights" of his beloved Sara who was now considered by the local Warlord of age. Gi Ty was working in the field when he heard his wife's cries for help. His abilities allowed him incredible speed and he arrived just in time to see one of the soldiers pierce his wife's chest with his sword. Fearing for his life another grabbed his daughter and threw her over his saddle and began to flee as he saw Gi Ty project what appeared to be lightning from his fingertips and electrocute the man who had killed his wife without any effort. As Gi Ty approached the soldier carrying his daughter he unsheathed his blade and quickly mowed down the remaining soldiers that had come to have their way with his only child. He was so enraged by this violation to his family it took only a wave of his hand to toss the fleeing soldier ,horse and all ,through the air as if the very force of the wind was his to command. When he approached the man on the ground he was already dead and there pinned under the mass of the horse she had been carried on his daughter Sara lay lifeless as well. He had been so blinded by anger Gi Ty had failed to fore see the consequence of his action and realized he was responsible for her death.
Never again would he lose control .He spent years mastering the new abilities he had discovered. Disciplining his mind to listen to and control the forces around him. He learned through the power of the forces around him of a powerful crystal . With this crystal he could build a new weapon that would channel energy through the crystal into an intense beam of light as got as the sun.
He now wanders traveling in disguise as a hermit hooded ad cloaked. He is always hunting for injustice and those who would seek to enforce their will upon others .He never lifts his hand to anyone unless his life depends on it , always first trying to offer his opponent an opportunity to come to a peaceful resolution. When all diplomacy has failed only then will he defend himself because he is still fears,and secretly longs for that moment when his darkside will be unleashed.
When he learned of the tournament he took it as an opportunity to further his quest to bring a balance to the world and possibly turn some powerful warriors to his cause. Those who will not join him will perish and if he should fall , he will finally realize his dream of being reunited with his family in the afterlife.

Entry Thread

Topside

Disgruntled Goat
Aug 6, 2012
NYS- Finger Lakes
I'm gonna have to think on this one for awhile. Pham has been a favorite since the beginning, but in re-reading the entry threads I have gained a new appreciation for Rex. Magic Throwing Dwarves indeed.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I think King Rex will take this one but I went with Gi Ty Pham. GTP has been growing on me during the tournament and has become a favorite of mine.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I went w/ GTP. He'd turn Rex into dinoburgers. A jolt of Force lightning to mess up the electronics, and then while he's confused Pham would just slice Rex's head off, and then cut a slice or 2 off, and fry it w/ force lightning for a snack as he walks away leaving Rex's rider sitting atop the corpse completely baffled by how quickly he mighty dino fell.

DarkWynter

Plastic Pimp
Mar 2, 2013
King Rex notices Pham's Dewback and whistles.

"Hey Baby, wanna party?"

He then quickly annihilates Pham with a volley of anti-gamma missiles as he has his way with Pham's Dewback.

DarkWynter

Plastic Pimp
Mar 2, 2013
"That's right, take it baby! I'm gonna ride you all the way back to Tatooine and across the Dune Sea."

Last edited:

DarkWynter

Plastic Pimp
Mar 2, 2013
...........Several months later in a swamp on Dagobah an egg shakes in the Dewback's nest. A young Yoda struggles to emerge his shell prison....... That's right King Rex just filled Pham's poor Dewback with tons of Midi-chlorians and made Yoda.

Jrsmi6

Leprechan Hunter
If I learned anything from Jurassic Park it is that all anyone will have to do is remain completely still whenever T-Rex looks at you and it won't be able to see you. So Pham will use his enhanced speed to quickly approach Rex and then freeze. Kind of like a game of red light green light. Then when he is close enough he will clip the Dino's claws and teeth to a less lethal . After all he is a father now and Pham wouldn't want to make little Yoda an orphan.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
If I learned anything from Jurassic Park it is that all anyone will have to do is remain completely still whenever T-Rex looks at you and it won't be able to see you. So Pham will use his enhanced speed to quickly approach Rex and then freeze. Kind of like a game of red light green light. Then when he is close enough he will clip the Dino's claws and teeth to a less lethal . After all he is a father now and Pham wouldn't want to make little Yoda an orphan.

That was basically made up for the film. T. rexes have two forward-facing eyes, so they very likely had binocular vision. Since the prey response of many species is to play dead, it's unlikely that not moving would do any good like it did in the film.

Also, even if it couldn't see you, it could smell or hear you. There's evidence to suggest that T. rexes had far better senses than humans.

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/sight-saur-eyes-t-rex-vision-was-among-natures-best (Possible that they had better vision than humans, and could see up to 6 km)
http://ix.cs.uoregon.edu/~kent/paleontology/binocularVision/
http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/story.html?id=3641f27e-ca2e-44e8-a56b-f9a0b4aef4b5

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
That was basically made up for the film. T. rexes have two forward-facing eyes, so they very likely had binocular vision. Since the prey response of many species is to play dead, it's unlikely that not moving would do any good like it did in the film.

Also, even if it couldn't see you, it could smell or hear you. There's evidence to suggest that T. rexes had far better senses than humans.

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/sight-saur-eyes-t-rex-vision-was-among-natures-best (Possible that they had better vision than humans, and could see up to 6 km)
http://ix.cs.uoregon.edu/~kent/paleontology/binocularVision/
http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/story.html?id=3641f27e-ca2e-44e8-a56b-f9a0b4aef4b5

what does Jesus think about these theories?

SCIENCE! :thumbsup:

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
Oh man... too funny, love everyone's dio-comics in this thing.

Last edited:

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
My thought process says that since the Force seems to work very little on nasty creatures minds (like the Rancor) so it would have no effect on Rex. I don't think he could stick Rex with his lightsaber deep enough to kill before being bit. Rex wins.

Topside

Disgruntled Goat
Aug 6, 2012
NYS- Finger Lakes
My thought process says that since the Force seems to work very little on nasty creatures minds (like the Rancor) so it would have no effect on Rex. I don't think he could stick Rex with his lightsaber deep enough to kill before being bit. Rex wins.

Plus, Rex's skull cap is made from one of the rarest elements known- Impervium. No Jedi mind tricks getting through that. However......the dwarven battle Mage is still susceptible to GTP's suggestions and could be "persuaded" to walk Rex off a cliff or something.

I'm still not sure who's getting my vote on this one.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I know where the voting is going on this one, but I really think you guys are forgetting that if that dino is being controlled electronically all Pham would have to do is hit him w/ some force lightning, and short circuit the controls. After that Rex is dino burgers.

Jrsmi6

Leprechan Hunter
I'm sure that Rex is tough , but I don't think it would be much of a contest for Pham. Yes Rex is large and to an untrained fighter he might be intimidating , but to Pham he is just a big lizard. His laser cannons are useless as Pham would just use his lightasabre to bounce them back at him and yes he would then use his lightning to short out all of his electrical systems. Then after Rex is disarmed , Pham becmgins to literally disarm him and dis leg him and de claw him and if necessary dismember him completely. Pham has enhanced speed as well as other force abilities that would make it virtually impossible for Rex to defend against. And after Pham is finished he will take Rex's son Yoda as his Padewan to train in the ways of the force.

DarkWynter

Plastic Pimp
Mar 2, 2013
if that dino is being controlled electronically

It's actually the opposite. In this dino universe, the dino is the mastermind, not just a beast fitted out to be used as a tank. With this custom the idea was the character King Rex is a leader of a whole world. All the gear, and weapons are controlled by him, not vice versa. This was heavily inspired by Thundarr the Barbarian, pulp fictions, and internet memes.

That being said I do have to agree Jedi are trained for such battles. Jedi have been known to face down Rancor and battle tanks. Not saying it is a cake walk, but not something that would send them packing either. Pham is a favorite and if he does manage to fell Rex, he is a worthy opponent to do so.

Jrsmi6

Leprechan Hunter

You've got to realize Luke was not a fully trained Jedi when he faced the Rancor. He lacked faith in his abilities , he picked up a rock and threw it at the gate controls instead of just using his abilities to just pull the gate down. A master Jedi would not suffer the same near defeat as Luke against the Rancor.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
You've got to realize Luke was not a fully trained Jedi when he faced the Rancor. He lacked faith in his abilities , he picked up a rock and threw it at the gate controls instead of just using his abilities to just pull the gate down. A master Jedi would not suffer the same near defeat as Luke against the Rancor.

Gi Ty is self trained, as well, and that hardly makes him a master.

Jrsmi6

Leprechan Hunter
Gi Ty is self trained, as well, and that hardly makes him a master.

Yes GiTy is self trained but he also developed his abilities by listening to the force and allowing it to guide his actions. He had already discovered he had abilities as a young man before his family was killed and he spent years in solitude honing his skills and powers. He is not just a master he is the master . He is the one that all others after him have strived to be . When Luke Skywalker faced the Rancor he had only begun to learn the force . It wasn't until the small of the empire when he established the new Jedi order that he learned the true power of the force.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I am also not at all referencing Luke's Rancor. I am referring to the Rancors on Dathomir as written in The Courtship of Princess Leah. Luke's Rancor was a baby, it was not even close to full grown.

A single Dathomir Rancor -
The Galactic Empire attempted to exploit the combat potential of the rancor—perhaps not a great surprise given that a fully grown Dathomiri rancor was capable of single-handedly destroying an entire AT-ST unit.

Now, Most of the Jedi masters (fully trained from birth) were killed by clones, simple clones with weapons. Some on vehicles, but still clones and quite easilly. A single Rancor can take out an entire AT-ST unit. Key word entire. So if a squad of clones can kill a jedi master, and a Rancor can kill a squad in mechs, Logic says a Jedi's odds are not good against one.

Revenge of the Sith ruined my opinion of Jedi's. They died way to easy and it was all from the mind of 1 Sith with an apprentice, just 1. The force they use didn't see that coming.

Last edited:

Jrsmi6

Leprechan Hunter
I'll agree that Revenge of the Sith did make the Jedi look weak , but I think of that more as a failure of George Lucas. It was lazy story telling. And yes while one Rancor was able to take out a whole unit of At-St so were a couple of Ewoks with a small group of rebels.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
right!, So crazy, That would make the Ewoks the most powerfull species in Star Wars with my logic. haha.

Downfall with me for RoS. Since that is the way it was written, it's canon now. Such a bummer.

edit - Now I know why the unlockable ewok was so powerfull in Galactic Battlegrounds.

Jrsmi6

Leprechan Hunter
Downfall with me for RoS. Since that is the way it was written, it's canon now. Such .

It would have been so much better if they had just dumped the phantom menace all together making the Attack if the clones episode 1 , revenge of the Sith episode 2 and episode 3 was an entire movie about Vader hunting down and destroying the Jedi as Obi Wan originally said it happened ending with the climactic battle between Obi wan and Vader.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
It would have been so much better if they had just dumped the phantom menace all together making the Attack if the clones episode 1 , revenge of the Sith episode 2 and episode 3 was an entire movie about Vader hunting down and destroying the Jedi as Obi Wan originally said it happened ending with the climactic battle between Obi wan and Vader.

I like this a lot! There is a Darth Vader book that is about him hunting a few of the remnant Jedi down. That would have been killer to see Vader as Vader killing Jedi.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
not trying to talk shit but it's ludicrous to me that some people are basing their voting on those shitty star wars movies :)

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Hey Jrsmi6...hey champ..you wanna go for a snow cone with me and numbers?...maybe we can go to the toy store afterwards and you can pick any toy you want*...think that'll make you feel better? *empathetic eyes*

* toy must be priced under $5

Jrsmi6

Leprechan Hunter
Hey Jrsmi6...hey champ..you wanna go for a snow cone with me and numbers?...maybe we can go to the toy store afterwards and you can pick any toy you want*...think that'll make you feel better? *empathetic eyes*

Awww gee wiz Eddie that would be swell, but instead of the toy store can we stop by the corner where your mom works ? I hear $5 goes a long way over there and she loves the yellow snow cones * wishful eyes *

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com

Awww gee wiz Eddie that would be swell, but instead of the toy store can we stop by the corner where your mom works ? I hear $5 goes a long way over there and she loves the yellow snow cones * wishful eyes *

Priceless