Club Sub 2.0 (GIJCC)

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Did you ever get the ones that were messed up last month replaced?...are you gonna try and get your Flashes replaced so it'll be easier to pay someone to take them off your hands?

Someone should a work in progress post of a custom of a yellow Flash being "customed" into a silver Pad Grand Slam.

I can feel the nerd rage......:whatever:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
So I stupidly broke down and opened Keel-Haul. And immediately regretted it. He's a figure that's better left on the card if you're remotely picky. Other than the head, which is fantastic, I can't stand the figure. The way they painted his eyes, they sit apart too far, although they're painted very well. That's about the only thing wrong with the head.

One arm and one leg are longer than their mate. The left arm and right leg are the longer ones. It's ridiculously noticeable, even in the packaging. Then, there's the skinny legs that are bowed like crazy, but they're so skinny that you can't really fix them with conventional methods.

There's that stupid coat, with the abs, that is too small for the torso, so you get gaping at the arm holes and see a TON of blue. They could've painted the torso underneath to hide this, but didn't. The buttons are not painted, the tiny medals that are so small, why bother…

And he has TWO PISTOLS! And not a single holster. And lacking that holster makes his silly bare waist even more noticeable, trailing down into tiny bird legs.

This was the "biggest" draw from this whole FSS, if you ask me (besides maybe finishing the OGs, I guess, and now Cesspool since the Con set is ECO-Wariors, although we found that out after the fact), and at the very least the highest profile figure. Biggest disappointment, if you ask me.

I know these are made based off what molds are available, but you know what? A figure like Keel-Haul could've waited until better parts were available. The arms/legs from Firefly or Lifeline would've been MUCH better, and allowed for a holster. (And would follow the same "uses most of the same source figure" logic for the mold choice.)

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Glad I dumped my FSS preorders...I wrote off these ridiculously pricey Joes a while ago, then caved thinking I might regret it, then I bailed because $$$ p!sses me off...glad I finally stuck to my guns...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Here's a pic (sorry for the blurriness in the side shot). But you can still see the large gaping hole where the blue shows through.

I straightened the fucker out as much as possible, and the left arm DID improve. I think the left side of the torso actually sits lower where the arm pegs in, and mine's torso was also "stuck" sort of crooked, so after I readjusted his "spine" (it popped REALLY loudly) so that he stood straight, and I rotated his left arm (it popped really loudly, too) it sat a lot better. The left hand is larger and sits lower, so that combined with the optical illusion of his lower legs not actually being symmetrical, made the arms look way different. They're actually pretty close now that I adjusted the hell out of the figure.

The arms are still way too fucking long, though.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
"He likes to go swimming with bowlegged women
and swim between their legs"

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
He definitely has gorilla arms...and those legs, UGH!...did he just get off a horse?

Yeah, I hate it. I'm going to wait till Jesse gets a casting of the head, and maybe sell off mine.

I'd swap heads but the torso he uses is the V2 25th Shipwreck, and the neck peg is way longer. The V1 sits a lot lower and I'd need to Dremel/hotglue the Club's head, and I don't want to ruin it if I can just paint my own casting of it.

I like the KREXX head from SDS/AF, but the Club one does look a lot better. They could get all the details he missed on the hat because they're using computer renders, not doing it by hand.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Glad I dumped my FSS preorders...I wrote off these ridiculously pricey Joes a while ago, then caved thinking I might regret it, then I bailed because $$$ p!sses me off...glad I finally stuck to my guns...

^^^ Why are you posting my story :)

Ya did the same thing. Just didn't want to feel the need to build a USS Flagg dio/tower.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Got my replacement Bombardiers. The cards were fine as they actually packed them in a normal sized box with paper padding, but now both figures look goofy in the bubble, so I dunno if they're even worth displaying. There's so much shit crammed in the fucking bubble (a ridiculous amount really, they need to cut that shit out) that both are twisted nearly 90º at their mid-chest joint, and the visors are both in goofy positions. I may just sell off both of them now. Sigh.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Got my replacement Bombardiers. The cards were fine as they actually packed them in a normal sized box with paper padding, but now both figures look goofy in the bubble, so I dunno if they're even worth displaying. There's so much shit crammed in the fucking bubble (a ridiculous amount really, they need to cut that shit out) that both are twisted nearly 90º at their mid-chest joint, and the visors are both in goofy positions. I may just sell off both of them now. Sigh.

I'd feel bad for you, but honestly, you gave them money. Again. You gave them. Money. Again.

Again.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You'll lose the torso joint (no big loss), but you'll lose the big ass gap as well.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011

thank you for posting this picture. I kept looking to pick one up - KH and Hardtop were the only two figs I've seen from either FSS that I was interested in getting. I have extra of everything in that pic, i'll just wait for the Jesse cast and call it good.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
UGH. I got my FedEx shipment notification yesterday, which means that we'll know today what the 13th figure is… So assuming that someone in Texas over at HT already got theirs, I stumbled over to see.

Sure enough, the 13th figure was posted. You ready for it?

Spoiler Alert!

:rolleyes:

:explode:

Grand Slam. Fucking Grand Slam. Who we got in, oh, I dunno, 2007. Except now he has red pads, just like Flash! So we got ANOTHER GODDAMN FLASH in FSS2.0.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Weak Sauce...and everyone was hoping it would be bombstrike.

I didn't believe that one second. Or at least a Bombstrike that people would be happy with. Hell, they couldn't even tool poor Flash Version 23 a new head!

Hell, had they done that, it would've been even remotely worth it. I guess now I can have a carded Grand Slam finally, who is easily the worst of the O13. :rolleyes:

At least the card art doesn't blow like on Blackout.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I didn't believe that one second. Or at least a Bombstrike that people would be happy with. Hell, they couldn't even tool poor Flash Version 23 a new head!

Hell, had they done that, it would've been even remotely worth it. I guess now I can have a carded Grand Slam finally, who is easily the worst of the O13. :rolleyes:

At least the card art doesn't blow like on Blackout.

He was the worst. He could be the best if they had half a brain. The last version before the 2007 version where he came with a laser cannon that could attach to several vehicles was pretty cool.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Honestly, whether its Hasbro or the Club, neither deserves to be in business at this point with the garbage ideas they peddle on the best base figures.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
At least Big Bear looks good. Dragonsky's not the worst, despite that garish purple. Nobody's posted pics of him de-helmeted, though, so no word yet on whether he has a new head (unlikely) or if it's a rehashed Serpentor. I'd like to see them reuse the head from the 2013 Hit N Run, sans hair. (The sculpt is bald, hair is just painted on him.)

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
So I'm guessing the typical HT Hasbro cum guzzlers/apologists are gobbling the sh!tty repaint up like it's gift from God?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
So I'm guessing the typical HT Hasbro cum guzzlers/apologists are gobbling the sh!tty repaint up like it's gift from God?

Yeah, there's quite a few that are "ZOMG! FINALLY I CAN GET RED PADS GRAND SLAM! We've not gotten ANYTHING remotely like him in the entire last 7 years!"

But the majority of folks are surprisingly "WTF? THIS SHIT AGAIN!?"

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
The Dragonsky head is a repainted Airtight. Ugh. At least it's a good head sculpt. But hell, the Serpentor one would've at least looked like the character art, no?

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Keep supporting those killer designs!

The fact that they actually had the balls to do that has me laughing. They literally painted a part and charged everyone 5 times what you could get it on e bay for. Oh wait, it was FREE! My bad. :D

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Keep supporting those killer designs!

The fact that they actually had the balls to do that has me laughing. They literally painted a part and charged everyone 5 times what you could get it on e bay for. Oh wait, it was FREE! My bad. :D

I guarantee they are laughing too, even when they just came up with the idea I'm sure they were rolling...

Monkey #1 - "Okay guys, the 13th fig...what are we doing this year?"

Monkey #2 - "Bombstrike? Frostbite? That concept Gung-Ho?"

Monkey #3 - "Slice?"

Monkey #2 - "Wait, I've got an idea...how bout, and stay with me here, Grand Slam?"

*confused looks*

Monkey #4 - "But Hasb..."

Monkey #2 - "No no no...this one has red pads!"

*all look at each other, raised eyebrows, like a light bulb lit up in their heads*

All monkeys - "BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!"

Monkey #1 - "Oh my f*%#ing gawd we are SO doing that!"

Monkey #3 - "They'll be soooooooooo p!ssed!"

Monkey #4 - "Some of them basement dwelling cock gobblers will defend our a$$hole move!"

*more uproarious laughter*

Monkey #2 - *barely breathing through laughter* "OMG I'm crying...make it stop make it stop!" *stomping feet laughing so hard*

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I guarantee they are laughing too, even when they just came up with the idea I'm sure they were rolling...

Monkey #1 - "Okay guys, the 13th fig...what are we doing this year?"

Monkey #2 - "Bombstrike? Frostbite? That concept Gung-Ho?"

Monkey #3 - "Slice?"

Monkey #2 - "Wait, I've got an idea...how bout, and stay with me here, Grand Slam?"

*confused looks*

Monkey #4 - "But Hasb..."

Monkey #2 - "No no no...this one has red pads!"

*all look at each other, raised eyebrows, like a light bulb lit up in their heads*

All monkeys - "BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!"

Monkey #1 - "Oh my f*%#ing gawd we are SO doing that!"

Monkey #3 - "They'll be soooooooooo p!ssed!"

Monkey #4 - "Some of them basement dwelling cock gobblers will defend our a$$hole move!"

*more uproarious laughter*

Monkey #2 - *barely breathing through laughter* "OMG I'm crying...make it stop make it stop!" *stomping feet laughing so hard*

:thumbsup:

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
My theory is they were going to make Bombstrike. Yet saw everyone guess that it would be her so they threw in this crap at the last second. I mean it seems like a last 2nd inclusion.
A repainted Lady Jaye as Bombstrike wouldn't be as bad as this.

Last edited: