Club Sub 2.0 (GIJCC)

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Quit being an argumentative dick! :talktothehand:

When it comes to the FSS or the Con sets, folks try to factor in the yearly figure but I don't think that's accurate to count in to the cost, really. Except for the case of Iceberg, you're usually getting a decent figure that either you can keep or sell for at least the membership cost (in my case, since I'm not a scalping d-bag) or for 2-5 times the purchase price. ;)

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Anthony wants a Big Mac meal which costs $5, but he doesn't want the fries with the meal. Stupid fries! Also, he fucking hates McDonald's!

Damn you McDonald's! You're not getting Anthony's money! So Anthony takes his money to Tim, who offers to buy Anthony his Big Mac meal, minus the fries. Stupid fries! Tim goes to McDonald's and buys a Big Mac meal. He then charges Anthony $5 (for the combo) plus gas money, and keeps the fries to sell to someone else (likely some other idiot, for another $5). Anthony gets his Big Mac meal, minus the fries, for $7 (remember, the gas money)! What a deal! Anthony got what he wanted, and McDonald's didn't sell a single combo!

:rolleyes:

Does that make any sense?

:thumbsup:

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
We are talking about the club right? :trollface:
The Club has many faults, but one thing they are good at is making money.

Fixed that for ya :fuckit:
I don't know. I've run polls a cross many Joe boards and Facebook groups. Bombstrike being one of the top figures is pretty universal. But even if it was just Hisstank, they are the biggest Joe board so their collective opinion does hold a lot of weight.

In any case if they did do Bombstrike as the 13th, it would mess up my own plans quite a bit.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Well, singles just went up for $37.50 in the Club Store (Month 3, 1-2 are already up), but Tollbooth already sold out. Desert Scorpion is still up, if anyone missed out on him. :rolleyes:

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I doubt Toll Booth was even listed. When an item sells out it still has a page. There is no Toll Booth page. I also haven't heard of anybody seeing one.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
It was listed in the email they sent, that's what I was going from.

Hello everyone,

The newest items in the store are:

GI Joe FSS 2.0-

2013 3 3/4 Club Exclusive FSS 2.0 #3A G.I. JOE Combat Engineer: Tollbooth (1 pc)$37.50 +shipping

2013 3 3/4 Club Exclusive FSS 2.0 #3B Cobra Desert Assault Trooper: Desert Scorpion (1 pc) $37.50+shipping

AND we will be working on the next FSS shipment next week so if you have moved, please update your address! A

We are still working on the new version of the registration system for GIJoeCon and we will let you know before registration starts when that will approximately be.

Thanks for your support!

Brian

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Feh, I'll by a cast head and do a TB that doesn't suck.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Feh, I'll by a cast head and do a TB that doesn't suck.

I loathe those lower legs (I hated them on Night Fox, too, which is why I replaced mine), and the arms are dated now, but the one thing that a lot of people seem to gripe about is the vest. I rather like the utility vest, I just wish they'd gone lighter on it.

It IS brown, btw. Just a very dark brown.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I like the vest, though I'm not sure I like it on him.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
So I (stupidly) ordered a third Desert Scorpion from the Club, and threw in some of those clamshells and shipping from FedEx ground wound up being like $12 or something absurd.

It arrived today (I haven't even opened it yet to see how fucked the card is) and was in a USPS Priority box. Cheap assholes!

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Thankfully they have true fans such as yourself that will continue to support them no matter what tbeir downfalls are. Keep the line alive! :D

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
:whatever:

That was 2 years ago. The biggest of my worries is the sheer amount of spam I get now, my credit is protected and I cancelled and replaced all cards used with them. Besides, Target just released all my info again, so apparently a reputable company can fuck up immensely too.

I've moved on to their other offenses, which they sure as shit aren't short on.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
Ummmm FedEx has free boxes too. They even package it for free I think.
Funny that Desert Scorpion is still available. I'm sure it's their ridiculous shipping prices too.
It only costs $3 USPS to ship in one of their brown box mailers for one figure. I should know as that is how much it cost to ship Cesspool.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I've always had to pay for the boxes at FedEx, although I usually got big boxes when that happened. Maybe small ones are free, but I've always had to pay out the ass for anything from FedEx when I shipped with them. Which is why I don't use them to ship anything unless it's too big to ship at a cheaper place.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah, if you ship one-rate.

The way the USPS works is that their flat rate boxes can't be used for, say, 1st class, and they can't be reused. I would assume that the same flat-rate boxes work the same way for FedEx.

In theory, the workaround is you would use a free USPS box and ship it with whatever is the cheapest method at FedEx (Ground, which is what I paid for).

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Interesting. Surprised FedEx would let a priority box go like that. I bet they even order them online and have them shipped for free so they have more time to keep that operation going. They must never sleep running such a well oiled machine.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I also got 4 of the protective cases. No idea why it cost another 9 dollars to ship those, but I can guarantee you I didn't pick $12 shipping for shits and giggles. That was the cheapest option I was given.

BEAM

Avoids Responsibility
Apr 12, 2013
Rhode Island
I'm hesitant to pick the USPS option because it specifically states "bubble envelope". :headinsand:

It's an opener so I didn't care, but I was surprised to get it in a box when it says envelope.

I guess they pack it in whatever is lying around.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
It's an opener so I didn't care, but I was surprised to get it in a box when it says envelope.

I guess they pack it in whatever is lying around.

Most likely...

I work in a warehouse...if I've got a small part that'd fit into a bubble mailer, but none are available, and I/we are in a hurry, into a box that part goes!

That goes both ways though...if I've got a part that should go into a box, and none are available, into a bubble mailer it goes!

Granted, we aren't shipping collectables...