Club Sub 2.0 (GIJCC)

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Just opened my Month 6 figures. Melty bubbles all around and one set of Big Bear and Dragonsky smashed together inside their ridiculous brick of a box. Oddly enough both shitty Grand Slams were in decent enough shape, other than melty/bubbled-up bubbles.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Of course. But I'm all but fed up with the FSS nonsense. Really not giving a shit about getting 2 sets next time unless they cram it full of win, which they won't.

You're so angry, you're just going to buy one appetizer this time.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Why don't we ever see pictures of these mangled things.

Because I cram them back in the box and ship them right back without bothering with photos after about the third time it happened. I posted pics for Cesspool and Falcon.

You're so angry, you're just going to buy one appetizer this time.

Well I may not get any, if the selection is worse than 50% remotely desirables.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Well I may not get any, if the selection is worse than 50% remotely desirables.

Using some pretty firm language there! You MAY not get any! Wow they must have really pushed your buttons!

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Because I cram them back in the box and ship them right back without bothering with photos after about the third time it happened. I posted pics for Cesspool and Falcon.

I didn't mean just you. Half the time on HT no one ever post pics of the figures. It's all hearsay and never any proof.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Using some pretty firm language there! You MAY not get any! Wow they must have really pushed your buttons!

Smartass! True, I'll probably F.A.G. up and get at least one set and cherry pick the openers (and be stricter this time), but it depends on the selection of figures.

I'll be honest, I've only opened Tollbooth, Keel-Haul, Cover Girl, Big Boa, Topside and Dice. The rest are still carded because I can't decide to open them or say fuck it and jettison the entire lot of extras.

I didn't mean just you. Half the time on HT no one ever post pics of the figures. It's all hearsay and never any proof.

Well I imagine it's like the repacker pics. After awhile it's become so common that the anger is still there, but the shock is gone to bother posting pics. It's quite common, I've gotten 4 or 5 out of 6 shipments with at least 1-2 fucked up/crushed cards with other minor issues that shouldn't be happening, like peeling ink or melty bubbles.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Does the club at least ship its figures in those resealable cardbacks that I've seen customizers use?

You mean like the SDCC clamshells? Nope. But funny enough, dorkside throws in one of those for free, and at a TON less than the Club.

If it's some other method to be able to pull the figure out and re-card him? Nope, they're just like any 25th card you'd find. The earlier ones like Dial-Tone and Dr. Venom were on a shittier quality car stock, but the more recent ones (FSS, Footloose, etc.) are of equal quality to the SDCC/25th cards.

Or at least, they SHOULD be. The FSS2 figures come with so much shit crammed into their bubbles that they had to go with a wider one, which I wonder isn't part of the bubbling/stamping issue. It's almost like the wide bubbles are too much for the press machine to handle, so it fucks up a good portion of them. Or they're running them too fast or too hot, and it's melting the plastic more than just heating it up to adhere it to the cardbacks.

Either way, they have more issues than simply cramming them into boxes. The ink's been coming off on some of them due to overheating, along with the aforementioned bubble melting.

BLAME CHINA! :thumbsup:

(Actually, I'd assume it IS actually China's fault for once, since they're the ones making and shipping these fuckers out.)

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Most definitely not. Other than producing products that only collectors would want, and the fact that it's collector's buying their products, there's not much "Collector's Club" about them lately. At least with their product, it sure as shit isn't handled as collector's grade. (But boy, do they milk that collector's pricing!) :rolleyes:

But even someone as jaded as me against them, if you go back to earlier posts, I was actually considering going to JoeCon back in October. Between them fucking around with registration (which still isn't live, less than a month out now) and their shitty QC/packing on their premium-as-fuck FSS2, and seeing their lackluster Con set and Hasbro officially bailing on the Con (which doesn't give me much support when the big dog says fuck it) I couldn't give a fuck about going anymore.

BEAM

Avoids Responsibility
Apr 12, 2013
Rhode Island
Rex, I don't understand how one man has so much bad luck with the FSS.

All of my FSS 2 shipments were perfect. Yeah , there might have been the wrinkling of the bubble from the heat but that's very minor and only noticable when you really examine it. My card backs have been perfect.

A friend of mine for one of the FSS1 and 2 of the FSS 2. His 39 carded figures all came in great shape. Only minor issue was what other people experienced with the lifting of the bubble on Big Boa, IIRC.

If you're fond of the figures then cherry pick them on BBTS. Even though you'll pay more of a premium per figure than going through the club, you'll get only the figures you want and they'll be in perfect shape.

BEAM

Avoids Responsibility
Apr 12, 2013
Rhode Island
I always thought of him as chicken legged Keel Haul. Legs atrophied from too much time in the Captain's chair.