Club Sub 2.0 (GIJCC)

Hellion42

Meat Shield
May 1, 2013
Side 7
Tony the Tiger doesn't excite me one bit. I have no idea why the fuck people are jumping for joy at the inclusion of ghastly repaints for $30+, but then that awful Nano-B.A.T. had folks busting nuts over at HT, so who knows. Folks will buy anything with the Joe name on it.

That's the club's target market. Anything above that is just gravy.

I wasn't jumping for joy at Nano BAT, but I kept mine. I'm a bit of a sucker for troop builder redecos. I promised myself when I got into 25th, no more army building! But with all of the blueshirt/Viper/CG variants that came out, I ended up with an army anyway.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I can see I'm not the only one disappointed in Skull Buster. I was really hoping for the Devil's Due design... which I guess is pretty close to Shadow Tracker aside from the colors, and... hey look, that's ST's gear.

I'm also facepalming at the inclusion of Airtight and Shipwreck. I'm all for international figures, but can we at least get original characters instead of same-dude-in-stripes? It's for this reason that I was okay with Trigger and Lightning, and will be okay with Bombardier.

Falcon is forever doomed to get poor figures it seems. Though this one is the one that comes the closest to not being a turd.

And if Dragonsky wasn't OG, and I didn't have a soft spot for OG... but he is and I do and it looks pretty okay for a pink and purple dude.

BTW, hi.

I hear ya. Falcon is one of my favorite characters of all time and I loved the 87 figure. Every update that we have gotten since has been crap. I'm assuming the beret comes off on this one, correct?

As for the TF figs, I'm sucker for TF and actually like the sub team for some damn reason LOL. However, paying $30+ for them... fuck that noise.

I still haven't picked up a OG set and it's looking like I probably won't now so if I do sign up for the FSS, I'll most likely trade him away or give him to Fogger if we do the package together again.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I still haven't picked up a OG set and it's looking like I probably won't now so if I do sign up for the FSS, I'll most likely trade him away or give him to Fogger if we do the package together again.

I'm waiting to see if there's enough figures I like to even make it worthwhile. Otherwise I may just go the BBTS route.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I'm waiting to see if there's enough figures I like to even make it worthwhile. Otherwise I may just go the BBTS route.

I hear ya! I'm in the same boat lol. I was hoping that I would like Falcon... but that didn't turn out so well :) Of the first 4, none of them are "needs".

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
I found this part funny:
We have found that the majority of the problems is because the billing address entered doesn't match your credit card statement. Please check your statement and enter your billing address exactly the same as your statement, even if you don't agree that this is your correct address.

So people don't know where they live?

Hellion42

Meat Shield
May 1, 2013
Side 7

Does the club still have any of the second run left? That's easily my favorite con set, by far. Not perfect, but I love both squads. Dunno if you're on the fence or what, but I'd grab it.

I found this part funny:

So people don't know where they live?

Credit card companies do some weird stuff, man. One card I had been using for nearly a year after I moved with no issues. Then Gamestop.com said they couldn't process because of an address mismatch. I called the bank, and even though I updated my info after I moved, it still had my old address locked to the card AT VISA. They had to cancel and reissue the card for me to use it.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Does the club still have any of the second run left? That's easily my favorite con set, by far. Not perfect, but I love both squads. Dunno if you're on the fence or what, but I'd grab it.

They do but all the reports about the differences and missing paint apps have deterred me away from picking it up.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I still can't believe they ran a second run of that. And then fucked it up. (Actually, I can believe that last part.)

I got reamed at HT for talking about the Club's QC of late when I brought up Iceberg in that thread that got closed, and look at their track record (which has only gotten worse with Grunt). Missing paint apps all over the place!

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, it may sound petty to some but I don't want to pay $360 + insane shipping for figures that are missing important decals like their "Red Stars" along with several other mishaps. I just won't do it.

Hellion42

Meat Shield
May 1, 2013
Side 7
Not petty at all IMO. Nothing wrong with wanting your money's worth. And I can see why you'd skip it for QC reasons. I'm okay with the second run, exclusivity doesn't float my boat. There was demand, and money to be made. Go for it... just not at the cheap factory.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I got reamed at HT for talking about the Club's QC of late when I brought up Iceberg in that thread that got closed, and look at their track record (which has only gotten worse with Grunt). Missing paint apps all over the place!

You're not surprised about that right?...bad mouth ANYTHING gijoe at HT is grounds for banning...I mean, it is Hasbros site

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I'm also not cool with them charging out the a$$ for figures who are no longer as exclusive

While I don't care for exclusives and their obvious exclusivity, I do think it's sort of bullshit that they just ran a second batch and everyone had to pay the price as if there were only 1,000 sets made. Everyone should've gotten a refund, or a discount on this year's set who bought last year's set under the impression that it was a limited run of 1,000 or whatever it was.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
50 bucks for Tollbooth? Bitch, eat a fat dick.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
If one buys the service, what is the figure price breakdown? $30? They want jewelry markup prices if so. lol. This is the first I looked at the club figures prices at BBTS. Never bothered before because I knew they were more than I am willing to spend. No wonder Eddie calls them scalpers. Kinda wanted the first rounds Jinx too.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
If one buys the service, what is the figure price breakdown? $30? They want jewelry markup prices if so. lol. This is the first I looked at the club figures prices at BBTS. Never bothered before because I knew they were more than I am willing to spend. No wonder Eddie calls them scalpers. Kinda wanted the first rounds Jinx too.

Not including the 13th figure, it's about $25 a figure. ($306 for 12 figures)

That price doesn't include shipping, though, but it also doesn't include the 13th. With 13, it makes about $23.50 per figure.

I'm more tempted to get a subscription now, as getting three figures from BBTS would be half the damn subscription cost.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I wonder how much BBTS will have the 13th figure listed for?

I know of other places that had the figures listed separately, I just don't know if any of them did pre-orders.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
If you want more than 5-6, it's cheaper to just get the sub. More annoying to sell off the extras, but unless you can buy the ones you want from a fellow collector, BBTS is going to scalp ya good.

One or two? Sure, but at their updated costs, it's ridiculous.

Cover Girl and Big Boa were $45 or $50... No way are some of those worth $55.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
That's just stupid...but you watch, that nonsense will for sell out fast!...fools and their money :rolleyes:

*goes back to buying over priced MOTUC :D*

Hellion42

Meat Shield
May 1, 2013
Side 7
They mostly did pull those prices out of their ass. And since I'm sure people jumped on them, I don't see the problem. Anything that isn't selling they'll lower the price on (a la Grunt and TNT). And anyone that wants them "at cost" has a few weeks to buy them. There's no artificial restriction of supply in this case, which is one of the criteria I use to define scalping. Clearing out local store stock, on the other hand...

I've had mixed luck selling/trading off my extra FFS1 set. A few I traded for needs (including regular old Retaliation figures), sold a couple at NJCC (the price of which were both negotiated down by savvy shoppers), the rest I'm still sitting on.

What intrigues me about the FFS2/reseller situation is that Le Club heavily pimped out the "sell off your extras!" angle for FFS1. BBTS and others ordered quite a few sets, as evidenced by stock levels of slow sellers and the glut on ebay. Then the club went and undercut everyone by putting quite a bit of extra stock on the club store at their earliest convenience. How is that going to affect FFS2 numbers, I wonder? Did BBTS cut their order significantly from FFS1 to reduce leftover unwanted stock, and charge a bit more for FFS2 as a result? Are people who ordered multiple sets to resell going to hedge a bit after getting tagged with figures they can't mark up the way they wanted to? Will Luke and Laura resolve their differences and let love win the day? Does anybody really know what time it is? How many licks DOES it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop? Is it me, for a moment? Can I get a witness?

...sorry, got carried away.

Also, I think it's pretty safe to say the FFS1 13th is Black Out. Or Pythona.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Thankfully I am over the "collecting" phase, and only care about figures for custom purposes. Some of these look cool, but not $50 cool.

For the $20+ whatever it would be per figure, I guess that's not terrible considering regular Retaliation figures are $10, but still.. I'd feel weird cutting up FSS figures for customs.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Kinda like Tollbooth (he's not lard-assy enough, though). Shipwreck is super faggalicious. Fanboys will love him.