Club Sub 2.0 (GIJCC)

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Not including the 13th figure, it's about $25 a figure. ($306 for 12 figures)

That price doesn't include shipping, though, but it also doesn't include the 13th. With 13, it makes about $23.50 per figure.

I'm more tempted to get a subscription now, as getting three figures from BBTS would be half the damn subscription cost.

Yeah, but you did not include the cost of six shipments, nor the $40-something club membership fee. If you factor those in for non-members (like myself), the average cost of each figure is in the mid-thirties. That makes a $15 markup on Tollbooth more palatable.

I agree that BBTS's prices are high, and as a result, I'm only interested in four of them. But I'll gladly pay $200 for four figures I want, vs $400 to get stuck with eight that I have no interest in.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Yeah, but you did not include the cost of six shipments, nor the $40-something club membership fee. If you factor those in for non-members (like myself), the average cost of each figure is in the mid-thirties. That makes a $15 markup on Tollbooth more palatable.

I agree that BBTS's prices are high, and as a result, I'm only interested in four of them. But I'll gladly pay $200 for four figures I want, vs $400 to get stuck with eight that I have no interest in.

True, the membership fee is an assumed cost, and I mentioned I wasn't including the shipping.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
That tollbooth head would look nice if it wasn't a superimposed digital rendering.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Been in meetings all day. Thanks, XOC for filling in the images.

Tollbooth looks good, however I would've liked a vest. I was hoping for Gung Ho's vest from that concept case shown at JoeCon 2013. Let's see if that head winds up on the final one, or if they retool a 30 year old mold. :rolleyes:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Don't remind them! The original TB head was uber-derpy. At least iceberg had a nice arah sculpt, even if it doesn't fit with modern figs. TB had a terrible one back in the day. It would be like if they used the '83 covergirl head on the new body!

Speaking of CG, I hope the tollbooth card art is better than hers. It seems like the figs with no vintage card art to swipe really suffer on these releases. Some of the art is pretty weak.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
They mostly did pull those prices out of their ass. And since I'm sure people jumped on them, I don't see the problem. Anything that isn't selling they'll lower the price on (a la Grunt and TNT). And anyone that wants them "at cost" has a few weeks to buy them. There's no artificial restriction of supply in this case, which is one of the criteria I use to define scalping. Clearing out local store stock, on the other hand...

I've had mixed luck selling/trading off my extra FFS1 set. A few I traded for needs (including regular old Retaliation figures), sold a couple at NJCC (the price of which were both negotiated down by savvy shoppers), the rest I'm still sitting on.

What intrigues me about the FFS2/reseller situation is that Le Club heavily pimped out the "sell off your extras!" angle for FFS1. BBTS and others ordered quite a few sets, as evidenced by stock levels of slow sellers and the glut on ebay. Then the club went and undercut everyone by putting quite a bit of extra stock on the club store at their earliest convenience. How is that going to affect FFS2 numbers, I wonder? Did BBTS cut their order significantly from FFS1 to reduce leftover unwanted stock, and charge a bit more for FFS2 as a result? Are people who ordered multiple sets to resell going to hedge a bit after getting tagged with figures they can't mark up the way they wanted to? Will Luke and Laura resolve their differences and let love win the day? Does anybody really know what time it is? How many licks DOES it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop? Is it me, for a moment? Can I get a witness?

...sorry, got carried away.

Also, I think it's pretty safe to say the FFS1 13th is Black Out. Or Pythona.

All good ass points. Many many people bought wave 1 with the intention of reselling some or all of them. The huge numbers on 3rd party sites and eBay reflect that. I like most people I know, are trying to sell duds that they don't want. I've done a pretty decent job so far. Dice has been the only issue trying to unload.

I got a gentleman's agreement with Fogger on Wave 2 so far but I'm going to wait to see them all before I make a final decision.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Selling off extra seems like a colossal pain, and the odds of finding my own fogger-equivalent that conveniently wants all the figures I don't seems beyond remote.

And I don't have the patience to box up figures, and handle the complaints when they don't arrive the next day, and how the corner of a card that has a tiny bend that came from the club is deemed unacceptably non-mint, etc, etc. Those of you who successfully sell figure to others in the joe community without incident must have a LOT of patience...

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
Selling off my extras was easy. I did sell them off at my cost + shipping to buyer.
All these pics are prototypes/photoshopped.
You guys like Tollbooth? Even if he has those old Shipwreck Popeye arms?
Maybe Tofujesse can make us a better vest?
At least Shipwreck comes with the PoC Cobra Trooper arms.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
What the frak is up with TBs lower legs?!...are they shop'd in too?...they look horribly stumpy...very very weird...

Aside from that though, I really like him, and might even prefer the departure from a vest to a harness...that might be due to me really liking that particular harness :)

He's just a really cool parts build IMO...that's one of the better torsos also me thinks...

Hellion42

Meat Shield
May 1, 2013
Side 7
Let's see if that head winds up on the final one, or if they retool a 30 year old mold. :rolleyes:

As bad as an Iceberg sequel would be, I'd prefer plastic over pixels.

Speaking of CG, I hope the tollbooth card art is better than hers. It seems like the figs with no vintage card art to swipe really suffer on these releases. Some of the art is pretty weak.

CG looks like someone traced over a generic comic chick in tights, painted over a jacket, then drew an ugly face while drunk.

Dice has been the only issue trying to unload.

I got a silver Pimp Daddy Destro for mine. I was hesitant to do the trade since the guy was new on HT and the trade seemed lopsided to me, but he agreed to ship first and everything went smoothly. The PDD card was a bit rough but I opened him so it was all good.

Selling off extra seems like a colossal pain, and the odds of finding my own fogger-equivalent that conveniently wants all the figures I don't seems beyond remote.

And I don't have the patience to box up figures, and handle the complaints when they don't arrive the next day, and how the corner of a card that has a tiny bend that came from the club is deemed unacceptably non-mint, etc, etc. Those of you who successfully sell figure to others in the joe community without incident must have a LOT of patience...

Rule of thumb is I don't sell to anyone looking for "C8+" (or whatever grade) since it's all subjective. I will go out of my way to point out possible card flaws on rarer stuff. I don't think I've gotten one complaint on anything I've sent out. I have had a few folks go, "Dude, where's my package?" But each time the answer has been, "Dude, you're in Canadia. Give it another week."
I think it takes more patience to work out trade deals, since folks can be and are fickle when it comes to valuing their possessions vs others' possessions.

And finding someone to split with can be tough. But when it happens, it's awesome. I'm getting a Freestyle, and a fine gentleman is getting a Chuckles. Win win (except for the overpaying for con exclusives part).

[ontopic] I'm actually liking Shipwreck more than Airtight for whatever reason. And I was looking forward to Tollbooth, and... well... hmm.
Looks off, even for a 'shoop.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Don't remind them! The original TB head was uber-derpy. At least iceberg had a nice arah sculpt, even if it doesn't fit with modern figs. TB had a terrible one back in the day. It would be like if they used the '83 covergirl head on the new body!

Tollbooth's was perfect for what he was. He sat in a Bridgelayer, backhoe or dumptruck all day and ate donuts. He was a chubby bitch.

The only thing wrong was they had him from Boise and not New Jersey or New York. If Joe was a movie being cast 45 years ago Ernest Borgnine would be playing his ass!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I already got one from MR...myyyyyyyyy buddy!...can you believe that d!ck charged me cost plus shipping though?! :mad:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
That Desert Scorpion looks better than the ill-fitting FrankenJoe they originally planned for POC. So, Widescope is essentially Shockwave with a dog?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Shockwave head and hat on the Shock Trooper buck. Colors are terrible, but it's G.I. Joe so what can ya do?

I believe he's the overwatch of the Joe urban ops team.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Added the pics to the first post.

Also, Desert Scorpion and Widescope aren't bad. But, overall, everything I'm seeing thus far is just a bit uninspired.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ya know, I'm a pretty big fan of the ARAH Desert Scorpion, but it just is not working in the ME.

I'm thinking a DS head on a Shock Trooper buck with Mouse lower arms painted up in chocolate chips or coffee stains would make for a great update.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Ya know, I'm a pretty big fan of the ARAH Desert Scorpion, but it just is not working in the ME.

I'm thinking a DS head on a Shock Trooper buck with Mouse lower arms painted up in chocolate chips or coffee stains would make for a great update.

The DS looks too skinny and ill-suited for Desert Warfare.. which should be the whole damn point.