Club Sub 2.0 (GIJCC)

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Not fond of the silver rain pants. I do like Desert Scorpion even though I'm not a fan of any post '87 Viper classes.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I was interested to see how DS turned out...not that great if you ask me...in 2008, yeah, what they put together would kick a$$...but with the giant parts catalog they have now and they use almost all old parts?...bummer...those upper legs are especially disappointing

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Wow, I'm even less interested in Widescope after reading his backstory on General's Joes. So he's essentially a Shockwave clone. I'd rather have gotten a Shockwave deco'd figure on 25th card using the newer POC parts than this guy now. Even with the dog (which is a reuse of an old 2000's mold, not a new sculpt as I first erroneously thought) he's just yet another 100% repaint. An alternate, unmasked head or a different balaclava head would've locked him in as a welcome new character for me. Sadly, he's just a lame repaint.

Don't get me wrong, he's a decent looking figure at least. But with just a little effort he could've gotten a LOT more personality and value.

So far, the entire FSS 2.0 set is a goddamn repaint collection save for Tollbooth's head.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
There's that, too.

Unless Skullbuster or Dragonsky have a new head underneath their helmets, then we're looking at less tooling on this series than 1.0, unless the last 4 wow the shit out of us with new parts.

FSS1.0 had new webgear and accessories for Big Boa and Iron Klaw (technically "cancelled" tooling from a 25th Iron Klaw if I'm not mistaken, and some of Big Boa's gear was supposed to come with that cancelled ROC Training Duke) and we got cancelled/new tooling in Jinx's accessories (sword scabbard?) and then we got new heads for Topside, Big Boa, Iron Klaw, and if I'm not mistaken Sure Fire and Barrel Roll had new heads (or retooled from 200X figures, I'm not 100% sure... Barrel Roll I think at least had a new head and helmet, but Sure Fire I think was retooled from a VvV figure or something) and then re-molded heads for Jinx and Covergirl from 200X figures. I wanna say that Grunt was advertised with a new head, although what we got was a repainted Zap head.

So that's what, new webgear for 2-3 figures, with new/retooled heads for 7 or so figures for FSS1.0...

While FSS2.0 has only one new head so far (Tollbooth_? Cesspool will likely have a new head, and Big Bear and Keel-Haul damn well better... But even if Dragonsky and and Skullbuster have new heads under those helmets (less likely for SB) then that's less than half, with no apparent new webgear at all so far.

A lot of folks at HT are busting nuts over FSS2.0 being better than 1.0, but I just don't see it.

Last edited:

Hellion42

Meat Shield
May 1, 2013
Side 7
If I had to narrow these last two figures down to one complaint (shocking coming from me, I know), it would be that fucking atrocious knife sheath on Desert Scorpion. It doesn't work on ANY figure, it's too huge, and the knife handle be pokin peeps ribs n shit. I'm not against using "old" parts, but old parts that suck dilapidated monkey scrotes should have their molds melted down for scrap.

I'm still going to end up buying unless the rest of the figures are terrible (and if that were the case it's not like we'd see anything but photoshop anyway), though I'm really pissed at the timing. I just paid through the nose for Joecon stuff, there's Masterpiece TFs all over the place, and I'm very likely moving in a month. /grrrr1stworldproblems

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I honestly think they should just show carded figures for the promo shots.. seems like most of the people want to nut over the MOSC versions of these anyways.

Some of these just seem like lazy custom kitbashes. The only thing redeeming about them IS that they come carded on "vintage" looking cards.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I actually don't mind Desert Scorpion. He's better than I expected, but even though I'm an ARAH F.A.G. I don't care much for the DS. He's a 27th tier character at best. I'm just irritated they put a troop-builder Frankenjoe in a $30+/per figure sub service.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The DS looks too skinny and ill-suited for Desert Warfare.. which should be the whole damn point.

As I recall, Desert Scorpion assignments are one step away from the Leaky Suit Brigade on the scale of "You done fucked up" in Cobra.

Yeah, I dig the scorpion. Is that not a repaint?

I think the scorpion is from the transformers line, but I could be wrong.

It's a repaint of the scorpion that was released with Valor vs Venom Sand Scorpion.

Originally the pincers would slip on the figure's hands and the rest formed a backpack with shoulder guns.

Last edited:

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I honestly think they should just show carded figures for the promo shots.. seems like most of the people want to nut over the MOSC versions of these anyways.

Some of these just seem like lazy custom kitbashes. The only thing redeeming about them IS that they come carded on "vintage" looking cards.

I think they leaked all the card art right before the signup period last year.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Dorksidetoys has them too...shhhh!

At prices worse than what BBTS had. I guess that means they're scalpers, right? :pirate:

Edit: Dammit, serves me right for not checking them all. Looks like they're comparable or cheaper. You win this time, Eddie! *shakes fist*

Last edited:

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I got the IM that Cesspool looks like shit so my standards were low but I gotta say, I really like that Head! Not a fan of that bulky techno viper torso though. That other figure is straight trash.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Good gawd is he!...yikes!...did they make that up or is it an old figure I'm just familiar with?...the other one is kinda horrid color wise...

Certainly glad I'm no slave to the Club...

I think I was seeing Bombardier and reading as Bombstrike, because he wasn't at all what I expected.

Hellion42

Meat Shield
May 1, 2013
Side 7
Okay, I'm going to go look at these now.

Not sure what else people were expecting from Bombardier. I'm scratching my head at the lower leg color though.

Cesspool, meh. After my time. Echoing others' sentiments, I don't trust the club to match the final product to the renders. Not after Iceberg.

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Cesspool is surprisingly clever for the parts they used, although I sort of wanted to see a new webgear for him. I don't like the stupid Hazardous logo on his chest. Why couldn't they do a larger Cobra emblem?

He looks better than he should, to be honest. I do miss his right arm, though. They couldn't figure out ANYTHING to use to give him a robotic looking gold arm? That's one of the main features of the character, besides his scarred-ass face and giant Cobra emblem on his chest.

Bombardier is this fucking useless turd:
http://www.yojoe.com/archive/unknown/mysteryfigure.shtml

A "Holy Grail" is only awesome if you luck out and find a vintage one. A remake is just a goddamned Flash repainted.

FSS2.0 is way worse than FSS1.0. I'm actually surprised that Cesspool looks as "good" as he does, but he's still lacking. Bombardier is as accurately terrible as I figured he'd be. Lackluster x1000.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
It looks to me like the emblem on his chest is photochop too.. so who knows what it'll really look like.

Yeah, it's a lot of choppy Photoshop work. Look at the hose! It gets all smudgy and pixelated at the top of the pic. Haha.

Why the shit did they not use Resolute Destro's robot arm? That would've been perfect! Wonder if it fits that torso?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I wonder what parts they get access to and what parts are verboten.

Well, there's a ton of parts they could've used... Not sure about access, but there's a bunch of arms they could've used for a right arm. Reactive armor (any of 'em), that Resolute Destro, B.A.T., Wraith, Battle Armor CC...

I'm probably missing others. If Major Bludd came with a functional fucking arm, they could've used that. :rolleyes:

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
In the land of pure fantasy where I have unlimited funds:

Dragonsky: yep
Bombardier: no
Night Force Falcon: no need
Tiger Force Shipwreck: nope
Skullbuster: probably
Tiger Force Airtight: nope
Tollbooth: yep
Cesspool:yep
Widescope: yep
Big Bear: wait and see, probably yes
Desert Scorpion: maybe
Admiral Keel-Haul (complete with... Flag.) : wait and see, maybe.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
In the land of pure fantasy where I have unlimited funds:

I'll play...

Dragonsky: because I have the other OG, yup
Bombardier: oh GAWD no!
Night Force Falcon: f*@# sub groups!
Tiger Force Shipwreck: f*@# sub groups!
Skullbuster: nope
Tiger Force Airtight: f*@# sub groups!
Tollbooth: yep
Cesspool: nope
Widescope: nope
Big Bear: yup
Desert Scorpion: yup...begrudgenly...he's a sh!tty bash...
Admiral Keel-Haul: yup