DC 3.75"

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
So, according to BBTS DC is following up its con exclusives with this foray into 3.75" figures:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/list.aspx?list=11395

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DCC11573&mode=retail
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DCC11574&mode=retail

Thoughts:
  • Wow, that price point blows.
  • You're really going to test the waters with a bunch of what look like alternative universe versions of figures first?
  • Articulation doesn't seem too bad, but it's hard to tell.
  • I really like that Grundy as a custom base.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
  • Wow, that price point blows.
  • You're really going to test the waters with a bunch of what look like alternative universe versions of figures first?

These were my exact first two reactions. I overpaid for the two con sets and $13 mass market 4" figures are not going to make me excited about a line. I still wince paying that much for a 6" figure. But these deco choices are not good. I wanted this line to be everything that Infinite Heroes was not. Apparently I will have to wait for Hasbro to get the DC license in 2042.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
So they want these to fail huh?...you can't ask that much for decos nobody wants...idiots...

I wanna see an all encompassing DC line pretty much exactly like the MU line...

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
yeah. I agree with you on your initial thoughts. Are these going to hit regular retail? I bet they'll be cheaper there. If so, then I'm getting that WW/Grundy pack.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Maybe places like Suncoast and TrU, but I doubt we see these at Walmart.

Just gonna echo the sentiments on pricepoint and character selection.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Even if true retail is $19.99 for a two-pack, that's still absurd for a pair of 4" figures. Even MU comic packs don't cost that much.

I agree that these will be only at TRU and other specialty shops. This is DCD, not Mattel. WM has never carried a DCD figure. So I guess it's hard to compare to actual retail products, but DCD figures were always a poor value compared to DCUC, so these will likely follow suit. The only reason we're even looking at them with a remotely positive light is that Mattel's DCIH were so unbelievably horrible.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Care less about DC stuff, but I would like to see a decent Batman or two. I'm sure I'd have to "fix" it, but having a good base to start with is a plus.

Although... looking at those pics, they could have some really good customizing potential, parts wise.

Last edited:

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
I just looking forward to more base bodies to use in silly customs.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Okay, Cyborg I might actually want:

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Just said DC Collectibles, so I'm hoping for a wide release.

They're from Injustice, which is the same stuff as earlier in the thread that's getting wide distribution. As well as this:

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Still want the Solomon Grundy, and the Cyborg. Superman and Nightwing have potential, though.

Still baffled why they're going this route, though.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Articulation looks good, though they are still making versions of characters I couldn't care less about...

Man, they FINALLY make a decent 3.75" line, and they make them based on a game that's not even out yet...brilliant idea! :rolleyes:

loadedtomcat

Magnificent Bastard
Mar 18, 2011
I'm pretty sick of DC not coming through on 3 3/4 - 4" the way Marvel has. I'm a DC guy through and through and I'm a little annoyed when I notice that the majority of super hero figures at my work station lean toward the Marvel side. In fact, all I have are TDKR Bats and MOS Supes.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm a DC fan first too, like you...always have been...when I was young I had SuperPowers figures and watched Super Friends...top that off with the Reeves Superman films...I didn't even know there was anything else like Marvel until later, when it was too late...my heart belonged to DC