Forums shutting down for a TINY bit.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
It's hilarious, I got the same tech on the phone as when we switched last time, and he remembers telling me that the Database we were put on was "rock solid" and "hadn't had any issues in 150+ days" and then he looked back and sure enough, as of July 1st it's crashed like 10 times.

I even told him to expect it.. it's the curse :D

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
*roller coaster ride!*

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
So get this, I was explaining to the tech about the depth of The Curse and how every database server we get put on ends up crapping out. It's not our software at all, it just happens. He kindly laughs.. says something about their server reliability etc etc.

So he's digging through their servers to find us the most stable one, looking back like a year+ for times the server errored out. He finds server 137, says its *never* had an issue since it's been operational (other than planned maintenance). Not two minutes after he starts to get the scripts together to migrate the data.. all the hosting daemon's crash.

He said, verbatim "Wow, your curse is pretty powerful." I told him we don't mess around! He wanted to send me a screenshot, but it's proprietary software etc etc. But we were laughing.. ah, The Curse.

Anyhoo.. we moved to another server 132! I told him to keep a little piece of paper by his desk and check on the server in a month, and see what happens!!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
It's hilarious, I got the same tech on the phone as when we switched last time, and he remembers telling me that the Database we were put on was "rock solid" and "hadn't had any issues in 150+ days" and then he looked back and sure enough, as of July 1st it's crashed like 10 times.

I even told him to expect it.. it's the curse :D

you mean crushed right?

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
After hearing that I think I've been exposed to the curse for too long...peace out homeslices(all 12 of you)

Beeavision

A pirate's life for me!
Mar 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
Yeah, the Curse has me slaving away down in the dungeon....(clears throat) I'm mean.. basement while trying to make the site look more presentable.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Who keeps rubbing their tiny pecker on the server?

Or is the issue on my end?

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
It happened here too. NSA used all the money on hookers and blow. Hell, he just finally got home from SDCC!

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Didn't get any error messages from the server.. but Firefox told me it could not connect to the site several times today.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Hey! I'm not alone with this! All those with issues speak up! Hello..hell-oooooo......Fockers!

MW was having an issue with it also and he's an IE whore. It just does it on occasion for a few minutes. It's been doing it since this morning for me.